Let me stay

To Teacher, From Student, With Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EzVN5XHDBA

Lady Antebellum- Just a Kiss

-----

Sohee rushed into Heaven’s Diner. Yijin looked up and raised an eyebrow.

“Sorry I’m late.” Sohee apologized as she sat in front of her best friend whom she hadn’t seen in the past couple months.

“Don’t apologize. I’m always the late one anyways, which is why it’s so strange. How come you’re the one who is late today?” Yijin wondered.

Sohee shrugged. “I can’t be perfect all the time.” She waved her hand, and the waitress came over. “Can I get the usual with black coffee?” Sohee asked. “Yes.” The waitress nodded and walked away. Sohee exhaled, shifted her position in the booth so that she was comfortable, and placed her purse by her side.

Yijin continued to scrutinize her. Sohee paused and blinked. “Why are you staring at me that way?”

“Did you know…that you’re glowing?” Yijin squinted her eyes. Sohee stiffened. Darn her best friend for being so perceptive. She tried to act casual about it. “Maybe it’s the new BB cream I use.”

“No, it’s something different. It doesn’t have anything to do with shallow material things.” Yijin shook her head. “You look…happy.”

“Are you trying to say I was depressed before?” Sohee quipped. She thanked the waitress who set her food in front of her.

Yijin rolled her eyes. “I could tell your sense of humor has improved.”

“Thank you.” Sohee smiled and sipped her black coffee.

“Something IS different about you. I can tell. So spill.” Yijin crossed her arms at the table and leaned in. “What is happening in your life that is making you so deliriously happy?”

*Niel.* Sohee’s lips briefly flashed into a smile.

Yijin caught that and raised an eyebrow.

Sohee cleared and shrugged. “Nothing.”

“Nothing? Absolutely nothing is going on that is making you smile widely like a woman on her honeymoon?” Yijin interrogated.

“Life is peaceful, that’s all. Contrary to what you predicted, Goryo High School is working out for me. The teachers are nice, and the students are making an effort to pass. So why wouldn’t I be happy?” Sohee asked a rhetorical question.

Yijin eyed her. Her expression softened. “So…the students are treating you well?”

Sohee nodded but dodged her eyes. *Some more than others.*

Yijin didn’t need to know that though. At least…not yet.

“Enough about me. What about you? How are things going with Hyunwoo-shi?”

Hyunwoo was the man that Yijin had met during Woobin’s Christmas party. Yijin’s eyes sparkled at the mention of her boyfriend’s name. “He is amazing, Sohee. He’s sweet, gentle, and not to mention, easy on the eyes.”

Sohee chuckled. “I’m happy for you.”

Yijin genuinely smiled at her. “I’m happy, too.” She sighed blissfully. “I hope you can find that one man one day.”

*I think I already have.* Sohee thought with a guarded smile.

----

That night, Sohee took a hot bath. Feeling lighthearted and happy, she settled on the couch with a good fiction novel. Sohee sipped her jasmine tea and read the book intently. Her focus was broken by the doorbell ringing. Sohee looked up and froze. Her heartrate picked up. *Is it…Niel? He came yesterday though. Well that never stopped him…*

The doorbell rang once more.

Sohee closed her book and set it on the coffee table. She set her feet on the carpeted floor and cautiously walked over to the door. With a deep breath, she pushed the button. On the screen, Niel’s face appeared. He smiled and waved while holding up a bag in the air. Sohee couldn’t help but smile at his ecstatic expression.

Niel leaned in and tapped the camera. “Are you going to let me in?”

*I guess I have to. He came this far.* Sohee unlocked the door and opened it.

Niel clutched onto the doorknob and pulled the door open wider. Sohee stumbled back in surprise and looked up at him with slightly parted lips. Niel gave her a warm smile that made her insides tingle. “Guess what I brought for you.” He held up the black plastic bag. “Red bean bread! I hope you eat night snacks.” Niel looked past her then moved his gaze back to her as he whipped his bangs to the side. “So…are you going to invite me in or not?”

Sohee paused for two seconds before moving out of th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter