Crossing the Boundary

To Teacher, From Student, With Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf24kMB1qm8

Sunny & Taeyeon- It's Love

----

Thursday was another rainy day. Sohee finished her tasks at school and rode the bus home. She got off the bus and stopped by the mini-market. Sohee left her umbrella outside the building and went inside. She purchased a warm drink and a couple bags of chips to munch on while she graded papers at home.

Sohee paid, thanked the worker, and left the mini-market. To her surprise, her umbrella was gone.

Somebody had stolen it.

Sohee blew a raspberry in frustration and looked around. *This is terrible. How can anyone steal someone else’s umbrella like that? I was only gone for five minutes.* She peered out of the protective covering and looked skyward. It didn’t look like it was going to stop raining anytime soon. Sohee looked back through the glass of the mini-market and contemplated buying a newspaper just to cover her head as she scrambled home.

“I hope you’re not thinking of stealing that.” A voice full of amusement said.

Sohee turned around. His abrupt appearance didn’t even surprise her anymore.

“Trust me, ssem. I stole many times, and as much as I like the thrill, the guilt remains forever.” Niel slipped his hands into his pockets and whistled his usual tune.

Sohee narrowed her eyes. “I wasn’t going to steal anything. I was going to buy the newspaper.”

“You know, ssem. There is something called the internet nowadays. Save a quarter and read it there.” Niel winked.

Sohee gave him a dry look. “I wanted to use it to cover me from the rain.”

“What happened to your umbrella?” Niel looked at her empty left hand.

“Somebody stole it from me. You didn’t happen to see who took it, did you? Since apparently your job is stalking me now.” Sohee said, half-sarcastic.

“You’re witty, ssem.” Niel grinned and shook his head. “But no, I didn’t see him. Good thing, too, or I would have broken his hand.”

*What is with you and violence?* Sohee shook her head. She was up a creek without a paddle now. “Then what do you suppose I should do?” She sighed.

“There’s only one option for this.” Niel approached her. Sohee gave him a quizzical look.

Niel gazed into her eyes then whispered one word. “Run.” He grabbed her hand and yanked her into the rain.

Sohee gasped as rain drizzled over her. “What are you doing?!” She squealed.

“Running! Come on!” Niel dragged her away. Without a choice, Sohee started to run. His long legs were too fast for her. *I really am getting older. I can’t keep up with him.* Her legs were growing tired already. Her heels splashed in the puddles, and the rain drenched her completely. Exhausted, her steps slowed down. “Daniel…I can’t go…”

“Yeah, you can, ssem! Come on! You can do anything!” Niel exclaimed.

Sohee looked up at his excited face. His eyes were full of life and exhilaration. How could she rain on his parade? Sohee forced her legs to run faster and made an extra effort to keep up with him. Niel glanced back and laughed. “This is fun, huh, ssem?!” Her expression softened. She could tell how happy and liberated he felt at that moment. His happiness pleased her, and she felt a bubble of warmth and joy rise in her chest.

“Don’t you want to do something spontaneous like this once in a while, ssem? You don’t have to be the uptight teacher that everyone expects you to be. You can do whatever you want. You can be free from expectations.” Niel spoke. He was right. Sohee actually liked this freedom. She was doing something crazy. No one would suspect of her running freely in the rain with a cute high school boy who never failed to put a smile on her face.

The thought made her steps lighter. All of a sudden, she didn’t feel so tired anymore.

Sohee caught up with him, and Niel smiled at her. He tightened his fingers around her, promising silently that he would never let her go.

*Ahn Daniel, you bring out the best and worst in me.* Sohee thought while she ran through the rain.

Ten minutes later, they arrived at her aparment.

Sohee doubled over to catch her breath. “That was adventurous, wasn’t it, ssem?” Niel grinned.

*Too much adventure for one day.* Sohee straightened up and wiped the droplets of water on her face.

Automatically, Niel’s eyes drifted down to her exposed shirt. Her blouse was wet and stuck to her like a second layer of skin. “Er…ssem…” Sohee looked at him, oblivious to what had happened to her top. “I really like how your top looks right now…but I don’t think that’s the kind of look you were going for.” Niel bit his lower lip to keep from laughing loudly.

“What are you talking about?” Confused, Sohee followed his gaze to her top. Her peach-colored bra was visible through her sodden top. With a gasp, she quickly covered herself. Humiliated, Sohee spun around. *This is so embarrassing.* With a hot face, she rapidly entered her code and darted inside her apartment.

Niel caught the door before it could shut and invited himself inside. Sohee shut the bedroom door and began to change right away.

Niel put his backpack on the floor and took his uniform jacket off. His clothes were soaked as well. *Does she have any more big shirts?* Niel walked towards her bedroom and flung open the door.

Sohee gasped and yanked down her dry knit sweater. “Ahn Daniel!”

“Do you have anything I can wear?” He asked, in a bored tone.

Face flushing, she looked through her drawer. “Can you knock last time? This is not your room! You can’t come and go as you please.” Her scolding flew right over his head.

Niel looked around her neat, organized bedroom. “Is that you? Cute, but you had fat cheeks, ssem.” He saw lacy material peeking out of the closet. Sohee slapped his hand away, and Niel jumped in surprise. “Don’t touch anything.” She gave him a firm look. “I think I might have an extra shirt in my other closet. Hurry, and come out. Close the door behind you.” Sohee walked quickly out of the room.

Niel smirked. *And lose the chance of exploring more about you? No way.* Niel looked through the pictures and examined the kinds of make-up she used. He opened up several drawers and peeked inside. *Damn. Nothing interesting. Where does she hide her lingerie? All I see are scarves, turtlenecks, and sweatshirts.* Niel put one hand in his pocket and unhurriedly opened the nightstand by her bed. There were bills and letters in there. He paused when he recognized the writing of a letter. It was his handwriting.

Intrigued, Niel opened the drawer wider and pulled out a pile of letters. His eyes widened when he realized those were the letters that he had written to her. She had kept every last one of them, even the heart drawing. His heart thumped loudly. *Why would she keep these le

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter