End of a Nightmare

To Teacher, From Student, With Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1rjsqAOP6w

Taeil- Where Are You?

----

Her eyes switched over to Niel, half-conscious on the floor. She could tell he was breathing, but his eyes were shut and he wasn’t moving. That scared her.

“Niel…” Sohee whispered with a hand placed over her thudding heart.

“I took him out for the moment, which means he or anyone else for that matter, won’t be able to save you.” Mr. Ahn stepped towards her.

Sohee hurriedly dodged his reach and jumped out of the closet. She tried to run away, but he caught her by the ends of her long hair. Sohee yelped and crumpled onto the ground.

“Where do you think you’re going, teacher? We have a long discussion ahead of us.” Mr. Ahn leered in her face, giving her first-hand experience of smelling his rancid breath. Sohee screamed and struggled as he dragged her towards the living room. “Daniel! Niel!”

His eyes fluttered open, but his body refused to listen to his will. “S-ssem…” Niel cringed and tried to get up. *Oh God. I can’t let anything happen to her. Why was I stupid enough to drag her down to hell with me?* He grabbed onto the blankets of his bed and hauled himself up. Pain ricocheted in his throbbing head, but he forced himself to get up.

“Ah!” Sohee yelped in pain as she was thrown onto the hard floor.

Mr. Ahn glowered at her. “Don’t blame me for this. It was your fault for stepping into our family business a second time.”

“You’re a horrible father, and I’ll report you to the cops. Daniel will be free.” Sohee trembled as she spoke each brave word.

Mr. Ahn cackled wildly. “Boy, for a teacher, you can be so dense! If Daniel doesn’t have me, do you know where he’ll end up at?! At an ORPHANAGE! He’ll be stuck in that hell-hole with dozens of other freaks like him. He’ll be forgotten and alone, just like he deserves to be.”

Sohee swallowed hard. She forgot about the consequences when she would call the police to save them. “It doesn’t matter. Daniel will be happy…he’ll be happy as long as he’s away from a monster like you.”

Mr. Ahn stopped laughing and narrowed his eyes. “What did you just say?”

Sohee scrambled up and rushed towards the exit.

Mr. Ahn tackled her into the wall and pinned her there.

“GET OFF OF ME!” Sohee screamed and thrashed outrageously. “SOMEBODY HELP!”

“SHUT UP, YOU LITTLE !” Mr. Ahn slapped her across her face. She tasted blood in , and hot tears formed in her eyes. “I’ll teach you what happens when you cross my bad side!” He hissed and raised his hand. Sohee looked away and flinched, waiting for the painful blow. CRASH!

“What the-“ Mr. Ahn jerked his head around. Sohee looked up, wondering what that sound was.

Niel was standing in the kitchen with a broken bottle in his hand. Liquid and broken pieces of glass surrounded him. Drops of alcohol dripped from the jagged edges of the dangerous glass. “Ahn Daniel.” Mr. Ahn called, stunned. Niel’s shoulders heaved up and down with every shallow breath he took as he glowered spitefully in his father’s directions. “Release her.” He harshly whispered.

“Daniel, you little -“

“I SAID RELEASE HER! IF YOU DON’T, I’LL KILL YOU! I SWEAR TO GOD I WILL!” Niel threatened.

Sohee swallowed hard. *No, Daniel. Please don’t do anything rash.* Fortunately, she felt Mr. Ahn’s grip loosen. His arms dropped completely by his sides. “Come here, ssem.” Niel orderd. Sohee didn’t need to be told twice. She ran over to him. He grabbed her wrist and yanked her safely behind him.

Mr. Ahn smirked. “Look at you. You’re playing knight-in-shining-armor. How sweet~” He stepped forward. Niel stepped back as he pointed the sharp end of the bottle at Mr. Ahn. “Don’t come any closer.”

“What if I do? Will you really kill your father? Let me rephrase that. Can you? Do you have the guts to pierce me?” Mr. Ahn sneered.

Niel flinched but didn’t reply. “Niel.” Sohee squeezed his shoulder in alarm. “Don’t do anything you’ll regret. You’re not a murderer. You can’t kill anyone. Let’s just leave. Please?” She whispered pleadingly in his ear. *She’s right. I’m not a murderer. But I have to save her. I’d hurt my father if it was to protect her.* Niel didn’t put the glass down.

“Kill me. Kill me if you can.” Mr. Ahn taunted as he came closer.

Niel narrowed his eyes and gripped onto the beer bottle. His hand trembled uncontrollably. Did he really have to resort to murder?

Just then, a warm hand wrapped around his. Niel glanced to the side. Sohee was gazing into his eyes with a secret plea. Faintly, she shook her head. “Don’t do it.” She mouthed. “Please.” His expression softened. How could he ever say no to her?

Mr. Ahn took the opportunity of Niel’s distraction to strike.

Sohee screamed as Mr. Ahn slammed Niel onto the floor. “YOU ING BASTARD! YOU WERE REALLY ABOUT TO KILL ME! YOU WANT A TASTE OF THIS?!” He held up the glass over Niel’s face.

“STOP! DON’T HURT HIM!” Sohee reached out.

Before anything drastic could happen, the door burst open. Men in black and blue uniforms streamed inside with weapons. “Hands up! We’ve got you surrounded!” Mr. Ahn stared at them in shock. He was speechless by so many policemen in his house. One officer stepped up and clasped handcuffs around his wrists, “Mr. Ahn Chulhan, you are under arrest for battery and assault.” The policemen grabbed him by the arms and stood him up.

Mr. Ahn glanced back and stared at Niel and Sohee with wide eyes. “You did this…YOU ! YOU ACTUALLY CALLED THE POLICE! I’LL GET YOU!”

“Remain silent, or your words will be used against

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter