Lost in Heaven

To Teacher, From Student, With Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlYPxJHtogE&feature=related

Taeyeon & The One- Like A Star

----

The boys were sent to bed at ten p.m. Of course, no one expected that they would actually slepp right away.

The male teachers monitored the boys, while the female teachers rested in their cabin.

“Look what I brought, Sohee-shi!” Nayoung exclaimed. Sohee looked up to see Nayoung holding up a bag of facial masks, creams, and cucumber slices. She beamed. “We can do facials for each other.”

Sohee laughed. “Sounds great, Nayoung-shi. I’ll wash my face.” She grabbed her bag of toiletries and headed towards the bathroom.

Suddenly, there was a frantic knock on the door.

Sohee halted. *Who is that?* The two teachers exchanged glances.

The knock came louder this time.

Nayoung was pale with worry.

“I’ll get the door.” Sohee offered. She walked towards the door and wrapped her fingers around the doorknob. Holding her breath, she checked the hole. “Who is it?”

“It’s me! Teacher Park!” He exclaimed.

Relieved, Sohee opened the door. “Teacher Park, what-“

“One of the students has gone missing!” He announced.

“What?” Sohee’s eyes widened. Nayoung came to the doorway with a concerned expression. “What do you mean one of the students are gone? I thought you locked them up after ten.”

“We made them go to their rooms, but apparently, one snuck out.” Mr. Park growled in annoyance.

“Who did such a thing?” Sohee asked, aghast. He gave her a look. “Someone from your classroom. Choi Minki.”

*Oh no. Not Minki.* Her shoulders deflated. “I don’t know what to do.” Mr. Park said miserably.

“We’ll look for him, of course.” Nayoung said. Sohee nodded in determination. “Teacher Lee is right. We’ll search for Minki. I’m sure we’ll find him somewhere. In the meantime, Teacher Park, please contact the rangers.” She looked at Nayoung. “Look around the cabin area. I’ll go search the woods.” Nayoung nodded.

Sohee slipped on her cardigan and headed out the door.

-----

“Hey! Did you hear?!” Chunji jumped onto L. Joe’s bed. L. Joe sat up in bed and growled. He had almost gone to slumberland when Chunji had rudely interrupted him.

Chunji ignored L. Joe’s killer glare. “That bastard Choi Minki escaped his room! No doubt he went to smoke weed.” He chortled.

CAP shrugged. “Eh, what’s new?”

Niel didn’t care either. He walked towards the door and opened the window.

“Shut the damn window! It’s freezing!” CAP hissed.

Niel ignroed him. He stuck his head out and inhaled the fresh air of the mountains. *This so beats staying at home with my old man. God, I’m so happy I can be away from him. I don’t want to go back tomorrow. I want to stay here with ssem.* Like fate, she appeared out of nowhere. Niel straightened up and rubbed his eyes. *I’m not seeing things, am I?! Is that really ssem?!* He opened his eyes wider.

Indeed, it was Sohee. She was running across the pebbles as if she was on a mission. *Where is she going this late at night? The woods are dangerous at this time.* Niel remembered what Chunji had just announced. *She’s going after Minki.* Niel shut the window and raced to the door.

“Where are you going?! We can’t leave!” Chunji said.

“Like that stopped us before.” CAP snorted.

Niel left without a word. Chunji spun his head around and stared at CAP. “Then why aren’t we leaving now?”

He shrugged, “Because I’m too damn lazy to move. I just want to watch TV and sleep.”

“BO-RING!” Chunji made a face. He glancd back and nudged L. Joe with his foot. “Hey, L. Joe. Want to sneak away? We can ask Minki for some of his dope. Huh? Wanna?”

Irritated like a bear disturbed from his hibernation period, L. Joe got up.

Chunji went sailing onto the ground. “L. Joe! That was mean! Hey!” He caught the pillow and stared at his best friend in shock.

“If I find you next to me when I wake up, you won’t ever wake up.” L. Joe growled. Then he yanked the blanket over his head and went back to sleep.

“Grumpy moron.” Chunji muttered.

Niel stealthily slipped out of the cabin unnoticed. He quickly ran towards the spot in the woods where Sohee had disappeared off to. *Come on, ssem. Come back. It’s dark. You’ll get hurt or lost.* Niel could hear nothing but the beat of his heart and the branches cracking under his sneakers. The deeper he went into the woods, the more worried he became. *Am I even going in the right direction? Damn ssem! Where are you?!* He heard a noise and froze.

“Choi Minki! Minki-ah! Where are you?!” Sohee called.

Niel sighed in relief. *She’s nearby.* He used her voice to navigate towards her.

Sohee cupped her hands around and called louder. “CHOI MINKI! MINKI! COME BACK!” When she didn’t hear a response, she dropped her arms in dejection. *Where have you gone, Minki?* Sohee heard a branch snap behind her and spun around with wide, alert eyes.

Niel stepped out of the trees.

“Daniel!” Sohee gasped. “What are you doing here?!” Her eyes narrowed in suspicion. “Did you sneak away, too?! That’s wrong! Go back to your cabin!”

“I won’t go back without you.” Niel said. Her face fell. “Daniel-“

“Seriously, are you stupid, ssem?” He approached her with an irritated expression. He was pissed off at her impulsiveness, but most of all, he was upset. “Don’t you know the woods are dangerous at dark? There are wild animals out here. You could get lost, or you could miss a step and fall.” *Not to mention those damn Baekjae bastards are in the same mountain we are. If you’re captured by them, that’s worse than running into a bear.*

“That’s why I’m here.” Sohee stated. “Minki is out here somewhere. He could be in danger. I have to find him.”

“That’s not your responsibility!” Niel sneered. “Minki is a grown boy! He’ll come back soon enough! If he’s hurt, that’s his ing fault for sneaking out!”

“You might be able to say that, but I can’t. He’s my student, and I’m his teacher. I do have reponsibility over him on this trip.” Sohee gave him a long look and shook her head as she stepped into the shadows. “Go back, Niel.” She walked further into the forest.

*God damn it, woman!* Niel strode after her and grabbed her wrist. Sohee looked back at him in surprise. Niel put his hands on her shoulders and firmly looked into her eyes. “Either you come with me now, or I go wit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter