Goryo High School for Boys

To Teacher, From Student, With Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHhXPloTQMU

Teen Top- To You (Slow B Version)

----

Sohee woke up at five in the morning.

The first thing she thought was Goryo. *I’m not going to Hansung anymore. Today will be my first day at Goryo.*

Just like her first day as a teacher, she felt tiny butterflies fluttering in her stomach both in anticipation and apprehension. Sohee got up and went to take a hot shower.

After the shower, she put on the lightest layer of make-up. Sohee disliked too much make-up. It made her appearance fake and caked her face with dirt and chemicals. Sohee walked over to the closet and pulled out her outfit for the day. She slipped her pajama bottoms off and shimmied into a knee-length sky blue pencil skirt. She added a fashionable white belt to her skirt. After that, Sohee changed out of her chemise and cardigan and changed into a clean, white short. Sohee stepped up to the lengthy mirror and slipped a white bracelet into her thin wrist. She straightened her skirt and made sure everything was tucked into the right places.

*Finished.* Sohee nodded in approval. She checked the time and saw that she had more than two hours before school would began. That would give her some time to grab breakfast and find her way to her new workplace.

Goryo was actually closer to her home than Hansung was. So instead of using her car, she decided to use public transportation.

Sohee had a relaxing breakfast at a nearby café. At seven, she took the subway to downtown Seoul where Goryo was located. In twenty-five minutes, she was standing in front of the notorious school.

It was everything the rumors claimed it to be and more.

Goryo High School for Boys seemed to be the exact opposite of Hansung Elite Academy. While Hansung seemed like a place of paradise with its shiny white marble walls, Goryo was like Hell: dark, wicked, and daunting.

For a minute, Sohee felt really uneasy. A tense coil twisted in her stomach and threatened to bounce up, making her flee from the uncanny scene. Sohee shook her head and balled her hands into determined fists. *Don’t be a coward. This was what you wanted. You wanted to come to an under-privileged institution and change the lives of the students there. Don’t back out now. Yijin will laugh at you. She will relish saying ‘I told you so’.* She grew even more determined. As much as she loved her best friend, Sohee couldn’t let her win this bet.

With a deep breath, Sohee entered the iron gates. The painting was coming off the walls, making it look shabbier than it already was. Offensive graphics and words colored the walls, and random bits of trash were scattered everywhere. Sohee entered the building and gasped as she tumbled forward and caught the handrail. She glanced back to see an old banana peel by the entrance.

An immature high school kid’s joke.

*Haha.* Shaking her head in disapproval, Sohee headed towards the office.

There were only about five students in the school. They didn’t give her any attention but just skittered by without a word.

Sohee’s frown grew deeper. *Something is strange. Where are the rest of the students? I know school starts at eight, but they should be here at least thirty minutes before time.* She stopped at the office. It was a lot smaller than the one at Hansung’s, of course. There was also no separate teacher’s longue with an espresso machine, refrigerator quipped with food already, and a big screen TV.

But what did she expect coming to such a poor, abrasive school?

Steak lunches and free car washes?

Sohee twisted open the office and glanced inside. There were only about ten other teaches. They all looked malnourished and exhausted to the bone.

“Excuse me.” She said.

One teacher, who seemed to be in her early thirties, looked up.

Sohee bowed, “Hello. I am Jung Sohee, the new history teacher.”

The other teacher stared at her for five awkward seconds. Then she nodded, “Oh yes. Principal Kang told me about you. His office is over here.” The teacher led her to the back where there was a small door.

“Thank you.” Sohee bowed politely. The teacher bowed back and scurried off to finish copying the exams that nobody bothered to take seriously.

Sohee lifted her hand and boldly rapped on the door. There was a cough and a deep voice called, “Come in.” Sohee opened the door and came inside. Principal Kang was a short man with salt-and-pepper hair that was already thinning. He pushed his glasses up his and inspected her.

“Hello.” She introduced herself once more, “I’m Jung Sohee-“

His eyes lit up, “Oh! Yes! The history teacher from Hansung! Am I right?”

Sohee nodded. “Come! Come! Sit please!” The principal walked over.

“Oh. Um, yes. Thank you.” Sohee came over and sat on a tattered, black chair. She folded her hands in her lap and looked around the undersized office. *Principal Park’s office is at least five times bigger than this.* “A bit cramped, isn’t it?” Princ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter