Mysterious Hero

To Teacher, From Student, With Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdG_L0XBFhA&feature=fvst

Exo-Let Out The Beast

----

 

After hot drinks, Sohee and Yijin went to Yijin’s place. They chatted some more and cooked dinner together. Sohee was kind enough to help Yijin grade the exams for her class. She missed the neat writing of her old students. The pages were filled with educated responses. When the last exam was graded and Sohee finished drinking her second cup of tea, she decided to turn in for the night.

“Be careful, Sohee. It’s dark. Maybe you should call a cab.” Yijin glanced at her watch. It was approaching 11 p.m.

“I’m fine. I’ve walked home from your place numerous times. See you soon.” Sohee put on her shoes, waved, and left the apartment. She came out of the building and headed towards the bus stop. Sohee got on and sat in the back where it was mostly empty. She gazed out the window for a few minutes. Her eyelids grew heavy, and before she knew it, she was asleep.

A while later, the bus came to a jerking stop.

Sohee’s body jolted forward, and her eyes shot wide open in surprise. Sohee glanced out the window and grew alarmed. *Wait. Where am I? I don’t recognize this place.* Before the bus could start its journey again, she darted out. Sohee looked around her surrounding. *Where is this shabby place?* She walked up to the map and realized that she was in the neighborhood next to Goryo High School.

*I can’t wait for the bus. I’ll just walk.* Sohee fixed the chain strap of her purse on her shoulder and began to walk in the direction of her house. *Why did I fall asleep?* She sighed and shook her head in disapproval. Sohee looked around her surroundings. It was dim and daunting. There were hardly any people around.

Sohee halted when she spotted a beggar violently searching through the trashcan. He looked up and caught her frightened gaze. “What are you looking at?” The vagabond sneered. Sohee quickly looked away and briskly walked away.

A dog barked not too far away. She squeezed the strap of her purse and kept her gaze focused on the ground. Sohee contemplated if she should take out her pepper spray, just in case. It was then that she realized her pepper spray was in her other purse. *Let’s just get out of this area as quickly and discreetly as possible.* Her steps quickened, and she was practically sprinting down the street.

Sohee turned the corner and saw a wide, open road with bright street lights. Although there were no cars or people around, Sohee felt better seeing the glowing lights. She slowed down and took several deep breaths.

*Thank God.* Sohee walked down the open pathway. Her keen ears picked up the sound of roaring engines. Sohee paused with her head tilted to the side. *Is that the sound of a car?* She turned around and squinted her eyes. In the far distance, she could make out three figures all on what seemed to be motorcycles. Sohee moved to the side to make room for them. She didn’t expect what would happen next. The engines seemed to slow down. Wondering what was going on, Sohee looked back.

VROOM! She gasped and jumped back into the middle of the road as a motorcycle appeared between her and the fence.

VROOM! VROOM! Sohee spun around.

The two other morticles had appeared next to her now.

*I should get off the road.* Sohee tried to walk to the sidewalk, but the first motorcycle prevented her from doing so. She gave the rider a puzzled look. *What is he doing?* The motorcyclists began to circle around her. Their red, blue, and green motorcycles made boisterous, aggressive noises. The hair on her back bristled, and she automatically went into defensive mode.

*These guys are herding me. But what for?* Sohee dared a glance up. She saw a pair of eyes through the dark visor. His eyes were not on her face. Rather, they were on something else.

Her purse.

Sohee stiffened. *They want my money. I don’t want my wallet stolen twice in less than two months. Goryo is such bad luck.* She didn’t know what she would do. Hit them? Scream? Just give them the purse and run away? Her body was tense as she waited for one of them to strike. From the corner of her eye, she saw an arm reach out, and she automatically flinched.

VROOM! VROOM! A black-and-silver motorcycle shot into view out of nowhere.

Sohee and the three muggers looked up in surprise. Her face tur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter