Time for a change

To Teacher, From Student, With Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVYQ9NOd25g

Teen Top- Teen Top

----

During free period, Sohee graded the exams in the office. She slid each scanning card into the machine. It took longer than usual because the machine was very old.

Sohee looked in the computer. Her eyebrows furrowed.

Something was wrong. None of the machines were picking up on answers.

Scantron after scantron were showing up as a zero.

*Maybe this machine is broken.* Sohee tried to fix the mechanism, but everything seemed okay with the appliance. She took the scantrons the machine had corrected and personally examined them. Her eyes widened. To her horror, she realized that most of the cards were blank. There was even some strange pictures and connect-the-dot festivities on some scanning cards. *No way. They weren’t taking the exam?! They were just doodling or pretending to answer the problems?!*

Sohee looked up with wide eyes. She remembered Niel’s warning.

“Because either the student didn’t do the test, or he got every answer wrong. That’s the way it’s always been. We don’t like exams, so why should we do our best in them?”

*I can’t believe he was right.* Frantically, Sohee looked through the rest of the exams. To her relief, some had been properly filled out. Sohee began to enter them into the machine. Her jaw dropped when she saw that the answers were all wrong except maybe a couple by lucky guesses. *They didn’t take this exam seriously!* Sohee entered another scantron into the machine. Nervously, she tapped her fingers on the table and watched the computer with hard, anxious eyes. To her relief, this one got all the multiple-choice answers correct. She looked at the name of the student.

Ahn Dookyung.

*Thank God for Dookyung. That’s one effort.* With a sigh, she entered the next ones.

Some students actually did try, but they didn’t receive passing scores. The only other one who had passed the exam besides Dookyung was, surprisingly, L. Joe. *He did it again. This kid is secretly a hard-working genius.* Sohee thought, awed. She was about to enter the last scanning card into the machine but stopped when she realized there was nothing on it. Sohee read the name.

Niel.

*Of course.* She shook her head.

Sohee took the stack of shortianswer questions to her desk and started to grade those. Just like the multiple-choice questions, a majority of the students had not taken the short-answer questions seriously. One student scribbled a provocative sketch of her in lacy lingerie. ‘NICE RACK, SSEM!’

*Oh my…* Sohee shook her head and massaged her temples. She skipped that paper and went onto the next one. She sat up straighter when she realized it was Dookyung’s. Sohee read through his answers and nodded in approval. She gave him a score of forty-five out of fifty.

Sohee went onto the next couple ones. Some of them actually made sense, but the grammar was horrible. Sohee shook her head. *Unbelievable.* She saw L. Joe’s and read through his answers earnestly. *I’m impressed. He has good grammar flow, and his answers are logical and reasonable.*

Sohee graded CAP’s and Chunji’s next. Like the greater part of the class, they had written childish responses in the blank spaces.

‘Ssem, will you go out with me?’ – CAP.

*Bang Minsoo, you. Do you want to repeat senior year once more?* Sohee turned to the next page. She stopped when she saw Niel’s quick and lazy handwriting. Her eyes passed over his responses. Obviously, they had nothing to do with history.

‘Prune ssem, I was right, wasn’t I? No one gives a damn about your exams. If I were you, I would quit and go back to good ol’ Hasung where you are needed. Yours truly, Niel.’

There was a strange smiley face with horns next to his ‘heartfelt’ letter. *Ahn Daniel, you.*

Sohee gritted her teeth. ‘F’ she scribbled on the top of his page with a big, fat red marker.

Sohee continued to grade the exams. Finished, she crossed her arms and tapped her fingers against her arm in dissatisfaction. She was pissed that only two students had even bothered to try. *At this rate, they are all bound to fail.*

Sohee swiveled in her chair and looked out the window. She saw her homeroom class in the soccer field. They were sitting under the shade and laughing raucously about something instead of following the instructor’s lesson and jogging around the sports ground. Her lips curved downwards in a goaded glower. She had had enough of this. She couldn’t play the charitable teacher any longer. They would pay the consequences for having seen her as easy.

*From now on, there is no more Nice Teacher Jung. These kids need to realize that school is for learning, not for pranking. It’s time to get down to business.* Sohee took the exams and went to see the principal. She was going to ask him permission about her plan of getting the students to actually participate in learning.

-----                               

The next day, Sohee strode down the hall with poise. Students taunted her, but for the first time, she wasn’t reacting. She didn’t make eye-contact with them nor did she reprimand them. There was something different about her aura. It was more formidable and resilient. Her eyes were hard, and there was an indifferent expression on her pretty face. The students stopped laughing and backed away as she traipsed down the hallway.

“Hey. Is it just me, or is there something off about Prune today?” One student whispered. His friend shook his head. “No idea. Maybe she’s having a bad day.” “Whatever. We should probably not throw water at her today. Man, and I had all the water balloons ready, too.” The student sighed.

Sohee swiftly turned the corner. She opened the door and held her hand out. Instantly, the chalkboard eraser fell into her palm. “Aw, man.” The students groaned. Sohee placed the eraser back on the board, placed her books on the podium, and dusted her chalk-covered hands. She didn’t say good morning to anyone. Sohee opened her folder and looked at the roster.

The students glanced at each other and whispered. “What’s up with ssem? Is she on her period?”

“As far as I’m concerned, Park Kiwoo,” Sohee shut her folder and looked at him with emotionless eyes. “My menstrual cycle is none of your concern.” His neck turned red, and his friends snickered. “I hardly find this situation entertaining.” Sohee said. They stopped laughing immediately. She nodded at one desk. “You’re putting mud on the desk. I suggest you sit down. That is what your chair is for.”

The boys quieted down, and the other student obediently sat on his seat.

The first bell rang. Sohee watched as several students came in.

The second bell rang. More students filled the room.

The third bell rang. Thirty seconds after that, Teen Top came inside.

Changjo and Ricky stopped by the doorframe and smirked at her mockingly. Sohee simply left her podium and walked towards them.

Changjo raised an eyebrow. “Problem, ssem?”

“Can you step back?” She requested randomly. Changjo and Ricky exchanged confused glances. Uncertainly, they did as she told. “T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter