Fairy Sohee

To Teacher, From Student, With Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwNZhzqXbTE&feature=related

SeeYa - My Heart Is Touched

------

Brrring.

The chiming bell at Hansung Elite Academy signaled break time.

In class 3-2, the intellectual history teacher promptly put the chalk down and closed the lesson plan. She eyed her obedient senior students and nodded. “Class is dismissed.”

Most students got up and went searching for their friends. Others stayed in their seats and turned to one another to converse.

The instructor picked up her books, tucked them in her arm, and seized the long, wooden pointer. She left the wide classroom and made her way down the chattering hallway to the teacher’s lounge.

“Hello, teacher!”

“Good morning, Miss Jung!”

“How are you doing, Teacher Jung?”

Students bowed and greeted her as she passed by.

Jung Sohee was a respected history teacher at Hansung Elite Academy. It was her third year of teaching, and she loved her career. Sohee had graduated at the top of her class at the ripe age of twenty. After that, she had been scouted and hired as a history teacher at this wonderful school of the wealthy to teach her favorite subject.

“Hi, teacher!” A few junior girls giggled.

Sohee smiled, nodded in approval, and sauntered towards the private teacher’s longue. She slid her identification card through the machine, and the double doors automatically opened. Sohee entered the room and saw her best friend and colleague Kim Yijin lounging at one of the glass tables by the soda machines.

“Good morning, Yijin.” Sohee set her books on the glass table, grabbed one of the mugs from the counter, and filled it with black coffee.

“Morning.” Yijin waved her hand idly while not taking her eyes off the latest fashion magazine.

Sohee sat down in front of her and crossed her slender legs that seemed endless. She sipped her coffee and glanced at the magazine. “Aren’t you giving your next class an exam? Should you be reading about fashion instead of preparing for that?”

Yijin turned the page with a lethargic shrug. “They’re the ones taking the exam, not me.”

Sohee chuckled and shook her head as she took another sip of her hot coffee.

Sohee and Yijin were the tightest of friends, but they had more differences than similarities. While Sohee had natural brown hair that fell past her shoulders, Yijin had a short, fiery red bob. Sohee was conservative while Yijin was liberal. Sohee was organized, punctual, and neat. On the other hand, Yijin was lazy, always behind schedule, and untidy. Sohee was a history major, and Yijin was a literature major.

The only similarities these two women had were that they were extremely intelligent, they had graduated from Seoul National University, and worked at Hansung Elite Academy.

Unexpectedly, Yijin slapped her magazine closed and eyed Sohee in a daunting manner.

“Why are you staring at me like that?” Sohee questioned. “I heard something about you.” Yijin stated.

“No, I’m not dating the philosophy instructor. I don’t know who would spread such a ridiculous rumor.” Sohee answered with an annoyed roll of her eyes. Mr. Lee was a nice man, but he was a bit dowdy and had a bald patch on top of his head. Sohee had never dated anyone before, and she wasn’t a shallow person, but she at least had some standards. She didn’t want to date a man who looked ten years older than her.

Yijin raised an eyebrow, “That’s an interesting rumor, but I’m not talking about that.” Sohee patiently waited.

“A rumor is going around that you are leaving this amazing school and going to a crappy one in downtown Seoul.” Yijin said.

“A school is a school, Yijin. There is no such thing as a ‘crappy’ school. It is just that Goryo High School is not as privileged as this one is. It is still a place for learning.” Sohee stated with sophistication.

“SO YOU ARE LEAVING?!” Yijin gawked at her.

“Yes, today in fact.” Sohee casually fixed her watch around her slim wrist.

Yijin shut . She scooted closer to Sohee and hissed, “Are you crazy?!”

“No, actually I am perfectly sane.” Sohee replied.

“I can’t believe you! Why would you leave this perfect haven and go somewhere like Goryo?!” Yijin asked, bewildered.

“I don’t see why not. Goryo High School is a place of education, yes? I am a high school teacher, yes? Therefore, I can teach at that school if I want to. I am more than qualified to.” Sohee replied.

Yijin rolled her eyes. “You birdbrain! That’s the point! You are more than qualified to teach at any high school you wish to! So out of all places, why would you choose Goryo High School?!”

Sohee just picked lint off her black pencil skirt.

“Listen to me, Sohee.” Yijin panicked, which was not too often. “Haven’t you heard of Goryo High School’s reputation?! That’s where ALL the delinquents, troublemakers, and retarded kids go!”

Sohee shot her a firm look. “‘Retarded’ is not a nice word to use. Why can’t you instead say mentally challenged, disabled persons, or slow learners? Can’t you maintain your sense of professionalism?”

Yijin completely overlooked the criticism. “You won’t survive there. One of our cohorts went there before, and she had to go see a therapist. Sure, it says Goryo High School in the front, but to be perfectly honest with you, it’s a prison for juvenile delinquents. Actually, the term insane asylum would perfectly describe it.”

Sohee shook her head in disapproval at her friend’s description.

“Besides, it’s a school for BOYS only. And they’re not like the courteous, refined boys you see here. Uh-uh. These boys are wild and beastly. They’ll eat you up on the first day. I guarantee you.” Yijin nodded with certainty.

Sohee crossed her arms. “You said the same thing to me about Woobin, and look where he is now.”

Yijin rolled her eyes. “When will you get it through your thick, stubborn skull that these boys are different? Kim Woobin is all bark and no bite. These Goryo boys on the other hand are like sharks. They smell your fear, and you’re gone,” She snapped her fingers, “Just. Like. That.”

Sohee raised her chin with an intrepid expression. “Then I better keep my fear to myself, shouldn’t I? That is, if I am intimidated by them in the first place, which I highly doubt will happen.”

Yijin knew she could not get through her friend and shook her head in pity. “Oh Jung Sohee. I feel so sorry for you.”

Before Sohee could reply with a witty comeback, the sound of sneakers made you look up. “TEACHER!” Three of your homeroom students looked at you with apprehensive eyes.

“What the-“ Yijin blinked, “How did you all get in here?!”

They completely ignored her and stared at yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter