The Chaser

Tears of a Phoenix

 

You lunge at the black, vine-like bars of Jongup’s cage, hoping it was easy to break through. But nothing happens, except for the fact it sends you flying back into the centre of the cage, sprawled across the grass. ‘Let me out!’ you scream into the silence, frustrated. ‘Jongup! Let me out! What’s the point of a trap when even you can’t get inside?’

Jongup sneers at you arrogantly. ‘Who said I can’t get into the cage I created?’ Without further ado, he slides the tips of his fingers through the surface. You gasp in shock as it comes out onto your side, glossy and black.

You quickly search the area for something to attack him with. You are certain that he isn’t simply going to show you his powers without harming you. After a few seconds of scanning, you spot a simple black gun in Jongup’s pocket. Its handle was sticking out and you feel like you can easily grab it if only you could get close enough.

An idea hits you; you curse yourself for not thinking of something faster after wandering around the forest for days or even weeks. You look up to see Jongup sliding through the cage, slowly going up to his arm, covered in the black, glossy substance. Without hesitating for another second, you grab his arm and pull him in with you.

You quickly let go from his arm; it feels sticky, rubbery and your skin burns bit where you touched him. He simply stands there, in shock at what you did, as you lunge forward and grab the gun in his pocket which also was covered in the sticky mass. You ignore the burning pain in the palm of your hand as you grip onto the trigger of the gun.

Jongup begins moving again, chasing you around the cage. ‘Stop it! Let me out of here!’ you scream wildly pointing the gun at him. He simply laughs, wiping the goo off himself as he follows you. ‘I’m going to shoot you! So stop!’ you panic, almost tripping over a small branch on the ground.

But Jongup seems to know no fear as he continues to chase you amusedly. In desperation, you aim the gun at his heart and shoot for your life. Everything seemed to go in slow motion. You see the bullet penetrated his black substance soaked shirt and go into his skin. But no blood is spilt. Jongup briefly grasps the area where he was shot before pulling out the bullet, laughing loudly.

What? Why? You freeze in shock. As you aim another bullet at his head, and pull the trigger, no bullets shoot out of the gun. You simply stand there in Jongup’s cage, knowing that you have met your ends.

Jongup stops running and walks up to you, still laughing. ‘You’re a goner,’ he whispers into your ear. You flinch at his cold breath on your ear. ‘But I’m a nice guy you know…’ The last thing you feel is a deep slash down your arm before you fall unconscious.

After Jongup slashes you, you fall unconscious, and your memory has been altered. He leaves you there for the wolves to finish you off but luckily some travellers find your body. Due to your altered memory, you cannot remember anything that has happened. You are eventually taken in by a family and live a normal life again.

You’ve haven’t even met Seung Hoon, Daehyun, Youngjae or Zelo yet after this incident. But maybe one day, your paths will cross again. Or maybe Jongup will make it happen.

The End.

Have another adventure..? 

 

Click here to go to the beginning. 

Click here to go to where the paths divide. 

Click here to go to your last decision.