Hesitation

Tears of a Phoenix

 

Revenge would indeed be sweet, but if you had died before you could even lay a finger on Jongup, then everything would be for nothing. You turn back around and scan the rows of trees to see if there were any paths that you could take. Youngjae seems to know what you were looking for as he points to an opening by your left. ‘I don’t know where it leads but I saw it before,’ he tells you. ‘But I think there’s something there. When I walked past, I saw something jump past.’

You hesitate for a moment, but begin making your way down the path. ‘I’m coming with you,’ someone shouts, as running footsteps become closer. You turn around to see Seung Hoon. You are kind of glad to know someone was coming with you, knowing that Youngjae saw something flash past. ‘Is anyone else coming?’ you ask. No one answers.

Without another word, you turn on your heel and walk off. Seung Hoon hurriedly follows you. ‘I wanted to come to help you. I mean, Jongup killed me too!’ he begins explaining. ‘I really wanted Daehyun to come because he was the one who brought me back to life, you know?’ You don’t really care; it was Seung Hoon’s fault for dying before your eyes that you were stuck in the forest.

You see something white flash past in the corner of your eyes; but you don’t dare to turn around. Seung Hoon immediately stops talking, his eyes round in fear. You keep walking down the dark path, the only reason you could still see in front of you is the moonlight.

As you keep walking down, you notice that more and more white flashes are appearing out of the corner of your eyes, to the point of one flashing in front of you. You stop walking, feeling scared and impatient. ‘Jongup!’ you yell into the darkness. ‘I know you’re here, come out from wherever you are you coward! Are you too scared to face me? Have I ruined your plans?’

A voice from nowhere echoes from behind you: ‘No, of course not silly girl.’ You spin around to see Jongup’s hiding among the shadows. ‘You’ve walked right into my trap.’ Before you can do anything, he raises his arms. Long, thick vinelike bars rise from the ground, high up into the sky and trapping both you and Seung Hoon.

After he knows you can’t break free, he lowers his arms, stepping out into the moonlight. You gasp in horror to see the past scars of Himchan’s black phoenix still etched on his skin. Your mind spins wildly; you don’t know what to do anymore. You still want to kill Jongup, but what if Himchan was controlling him back then as well?

Does that mean Jongup was dead way before you knew him? Or was he controlled after he tried to murder you and your friend? Was his smiling face a true smile?

Do you try to break free and kill Jongup anyways? Or do you feel pity for him and stay put inside his trap, trying to talk the black phoenix out of the ‘real’ Jongup that you think he is?

Try and break free by clicking here.

Or talk some sense into the black phoenix who you think is controlling Jongup by clicking here.