The Right

Tears of a Phoenix

 

You can’t take the forest’s eerie silence anymore. ‘Right!’ you yell at the top of your lungs, startling everyone. ‘We’re going to the right!’ You start stomping into the depths of the dark, right path. Everyone follows you tentatively, not sure if they could trust your sense of direction enough to know they were going in the right direction.

After what feels like a whole hour of silent walking, you see two sparkling eyes glinting in the shadows. Everyone seems to spot them too as they all sped up their pace, almost racing each other to see who it was. You sigh slowly, slowly following. Great, signs of civilisation in this deserted ghost-forest.

‘What are you doing here?’ you hear Daehyun growl from the front. You hurry forward as fast as you can, curious to see who it is. Your eyes widen in shock. It’s Zelo. ‘Ah! It’s you again! Hello!’ he yells, waving to you. You simply can’t help but smile. He was the one who brought the phoenix to you; and he seems to remember it too.

‘Where’s your little phoenix?’ he asks looking around, ignoring Daehyun’s glare. ‘It ran away. It saved Daehyun and then it flew away.’ Daehyun quickly spins around and begins glaring at you. ‘What?’ you snap. He mutters something under his breath and turns around again.

‘What are you doing here?’ asks Seung Hoon. You had always admired that part of Seung Hoon. He just says what he wants; even if he didn’t know who he was talking to. The best part was, he usually asked what you wanted to ask, so you didn’t have to waste energy. ‘I got lost,’ Zelo answered. ‘I ran away from someone who said his name was Jongup and told me to find someone named Seung Hoon.’

Your mind whirs like a clock. Why would he want Seung Hoon when you’re the one who didn’t die? He shouldn’t know that Seung Hoon is alive. ‘Why?’ you ask loudly. Zelo seems a bit taken back but he answers anyway. ‘Something about a phoenix and a girl… He said Seung Hoon came back to life by someone named Daehyun, and something about his cover being blown.’

Youngjae walks to a nearby tree and leans on it, obviously thinking hard. Zelo is obviously nervous from all the tension as he fidgets with a bit of fabric hanging off his shirt. ‘Which way did you come from?’ you ask him, hoping that it would help you find Jongup. Zelo points to the continuing path behind him with a shaking finger.

Without hesitation, you start making your way forward, pushing past the bushes and leaves. ‘Wait!’ Zelo calls. ‘He also said that he wanted to kill the two guys, Seung Hoon and Daehyun. And also something about a girl and torture.’ Zelo’s words repeat in your mind like a broken record. The image of Jongup’s cheerful smiling face and kind personality shatters like a fragile piece of glass.

Do you still head on the path and face Jongup? Or do you turn around and find another way to meet Jongup and seek revenge?

Just keep on moving! Click here and keep on moving!

Another path. This one is a bit scary. Click here...