The Truth

Tears of a Phoenix

 

‘The truth,’ you say finally. Maybe it would be worth it; after all, revenge for Seung Hoon was the whole reason you got into such a huge mess. ‘I want to hear the truth.’ Daehyun sighs slowly, as you stare at Seung Hoon. Youngjae smiles at you. ‘Remember to hold onto your heart and keep it cool,’ he whispers. ‘The touching story will touch your heart so much it will melt…’ 

‘Ask me anything,’ Seung Hoon tells you. ‘I’ll answer every question you ask.’ Every question you’ve had flowing across your mind seems to explode. Which question would you ask first? Who was the killer? Who was the saviour? Why you were forgotten?

But one questioned seemingly stands out the most after a few seconds of intense thinking. ‘Who…,’ you splutter, more questions cropping up in your mind. ‘Who killed you?’ Seung Hoon stares at Daehyun, as if he were hoping he would explain instead of himself.

‘The one, who killed Seung Hoon,’ Youngjae whispers. ‘Was…’ His pause goes for way too long. The thick tension in the air engulfs you. Your palms begin to sweat as you simply want to grab Youngjae and yell: ‘who is it?! Tell me already!’

 

‘It was Jongup.’

 

What? How could it be Jongup? Jongup is the same guy who saves you from the streets; the same guy who has a constant beautiful smile plastered across his face. And yet, he was the one who almost killed you. He was the one who slaughtered Seung Hoon.

Quick! Go to the next part by clicking here!