I Remember You.

Tears of a Phoenix

 

‘No,’ you growl quietly to the phoenix. You glare at it with such intensity, tears threatened to fall from its eyes. The phoenix stares back at you with beady, watery eyes before taking off and landing quite heavily on your shoulder.

Youngjae and Lee Seung Hoon are staring at you, wearing an expression of pure bewilderment at your choice. ‘And I was hoping for a dramatic ending to these two,’ Youngjae sighs, as Seung Hoon nods with and air of disappointment. ‘Well, we are leaving.’ As you see Seung Hoon turn around and begin following Youngjae, you can’t help but call out his name.

‘What?’ he says dully. You feel slightly offended as he isn’t looking at you in the eyes. Instead, he sways on the spot, obviously bored. ‘Well…’ you begin, wringing your hands nervously. ‘Are you sure you don’t know me? …because you look exactly like him.’

Seung Hoon stops swaying, his body seems to tense up and his eyes flicker from you to Daehyun who is still lying on the ground, motionless. ‘Is he dead?’ Seung Hoon says finally. You sigh in annoyance; he keeps on changing the subject! You stomp over to Daehyun and roughly kick his… down there. In response, Daehyun twitches and groans quietly. ‘No,’ you say matter-of-factly as if you intended it.

You hear Youngjae snorting with laughter somewhere in the darkness and you smile to yourself as Seung Hoon simply stares at Daehyun with a look of somewhat pity. ‘I remember you,’ Seung Hoon says with his face screwed up as if he were expecting a punch from someone.

Daehyun slowly got up. It’s a wonder how he is still alive for so long after being stabbed in the chest. ‘Go on,’ he says to Seung Hoon, he words broken and almost incomprehensible. ‘Tell her.’ Your heart is going to burst out of your ribcage and start dancing a happy dance. You can’t think of anything else. Those simple words. I remember you. They seem to cover up an empty part of your soul. They drive everything out of your mind. They seemed to heal your heart once again.

Seung Hoon nods at Daehyun who sinks back down again. Out of nowhere, Seung Hoon brings out a tent, and some sleeping bags. Your mouth drops open. Where did he put all those things? ‘Come,’ he says. His face expression seems to be more relaxed than ever. He even looks fuller and happy to talk to you rather than a neutral or pained expression he always holds.

Daehyun POV: 

Am I not allowed to survive or something? This stupid as girl! She thinks she can just do anything! I have to survive. I need time in order to survive. And if I need time, I need to sacrifice something. So I gotta tell the girl the truth. Seung Hoon knows her. He's about to tell her everything that happened after she was healed by the Phoenix. This is so painful. AND SHE EVEN KICKED MY... MY... that girl will regret everything that she has done and heard. I will make sure of it. And her phoenix will be gladly on my shoulder. 

Seung Hoon seems to recognise you again. He seems so happy to admit that. But would he betray you like almost everyone else? Will you come to the tent with him? Or decline his offer and do something else?

Click here if you come to him. 

Or click here to decline his offer.