Halloween One shot.

Tears of a Phoenix

It was Halloween when it happened, years and years ago. But the mere thought of that incident sent chills up my spine, and goose bumps across my body. It could never forget what happened, and I’m pretty sure I never will.

I can still remember the scene as clearly and it was yesterday, the sky was pitch black with only stars lighting up the night. There I was, dressed up in my cute little zombie pixie costume. My pumpkin lantern dangling from my right elbow, filled to the brim with candy and chocolate. The street lights were old, so they don’t work anymore. But once in a while, one or two would flicker, giving off a mysterious, eerie feeling.

I remember the house straight down the road. It was the ‘abandoned house’ as the kids would say. As far as their grandparents could remember, that house was empty. No one tried to sell it. No one lived in it. As far as anyone is concerned, no one has ever set foot in that house. Even so, the front door of the house was wide open. When a strong wind blew, the door would rattle and squeak on its rusty hinges.

As clueless as I was back then, you would think that I was smart enough to stay away from that house. But it didn’t. Quickly adjusting my pixie wings, and strolled straight down the runway of the house and stepped onto the porch.

‘Is anybody home?’ I yelled. ‘Hello? Trick or treat?’ The second I finished the sentence, a gentle gush of wind knocked down something. I looked down to see at least a few hundred sweets rolling down the hallway, stopping at my feet. As I picked them up, I noticed that they all had the same wrapping: red with a white zombie figure with a slogan oozing across it saying ‘Beware’. I had never seen this brand before, so I emptied a few of my other lollies and replaced it with these new ones.

I turned to leave and yelled into the empty hallway: ‘Thank you for the sweets. I’m going now.’ Slowly, I made my way down the porch and the little runway to the fence. I felt that was a great day of Halloween, I got many sweets, made new friends, and best of all; I discovered this new type of sweet!

‘Come here, little girl,’ a voice whispered as if someone were standing right next to me. ‘Come back inside, I have more sweets for you.’ It was like some kind of hypnotism, I obediently walked back into the house. This time, I stepped straight into it, walking down the rickety hallway and turning in an old room on my left.

The room was dusty and strung with cobwebs. The grey carpet was stained with something red, and the walls were cracked and dinted. The cupboards were termite bitten and the doors were handing off their hinges. And on the creaky bed, lay a figure: long, black messy hair and a frilly black dress. ‘Hello?’ I whispered, my voice quivering. I screamed before the figure even turned around. I screamed louder when I saw her face: bloodshot eyes, black, rotten teeth, scars running across her whole body like a map, and pale skin that seemed to glow in the moonlight that shone through the window. ‘Yes…’ she answered in a croaky voice.

Before I knew it, I left my little pumpkin bag at the room, and I was running back home. I still remember what I saw as I turned glance back. I saw the same exact girl, waving goodbye to me, her lips as she held my little pumpkin bag.

The End. ^.^

OMG~ o.O I scared myself writing this story. :’( But, what do you think? I was writing down the scenes that I was imagining so I don’t think I would be descriptive enough. I don’t really like writing horror stories so please give me feedback! (:

愛してる ♪♫

사랑해. ♥