Youngjae

Tears of a Phoenix

You build up your willpower. You can’t get near him. You have a feeling that something bad will happen of you get close. ‘Sorry, Jongup,’ you whisper. You turn your back on him and start walking away.

Tears threaten to fall pass your long eyelashes. Would this be what your friend would look like? Dark, unseeing eyes and long dark scars down the arms; is that what your friend will turn out to be? Is this what the golden phoenix would do you your friend? What kind of low-life would let their friend come back to life, knowing the terrible consequences?

But no! This can’t mean that you won’t stop finding a way to find the killer. The one who almost killed you! Revenge; the simple that thing let you survive in the jungle for almost a week with only a single rabbit as food, the thing that never made you tired, the one thing that made you run into such troubles.

You have no regrets. Jongup was your friend anyway, you are willing to sacrifice anything to make him happy, but right now, the thing you have to sacrifice was your friendship. You try to walk away as arrogantly as possible, not showing any fear or hesitation. Himchan was still standing there; you can feel him staring at you. It was like his eyes were laser beaming into your back, making you have a strong urge to turn around. But you won’t turn around! You can’t!

You have to keep walking. You have to show no fear. You have to show no mercy on the people who think they can beat you. You have to crush them down. Stepping across the broken twigs and dried leaves, you hear something strange.

Leaves of the tree branches were rustling, even though there was no breeze in the air. The sounds seem to move with you, getting closer, and closer with every step you take. ‘Show yourself!’ you roar. You can’t take all the suspense of the mysterious sounds anymore. At that moment, the rustling stops, a loud snicker follows.

‘You’ve found me out, eh?’ says a voice. With a loud whooshing sound, a young man lands in front of you from the huge tree. ‘Youngjae,’ he says roughly. ‘Nice ta meet ‘cha.’ You tentatively take a step back, frowning. Why do all these mysterious people appearing out of nowhere? ‘I think I brought someone ya might know,’ he mumbles, scratching the back of his head. ‘His name is… eh… Hey bro! Watcha’ name again?’ 

So, this mysterious Youngjae guy pops up from a tree and tells you he’s brought someone you know. 

Click here to find out his name and the next part!