The Black Phoenix

Tears of a Phoenix

 

Finger by finger, you release the struggling bird. Maybe, it would love Daehyun more than you. You close your eyes; you might as well wait for your time to come. Nothing could stop the bleeding, nothing can stop the bleeding, and nothing will stop the bleeding. You are sick and tired of all these deaths of friends caused by you. You might as well join your best friend in heaven.

Peck! Something small and sharp nibbles at your arm. It’s the bird; its golden feathers never seemed so near and comforting. It’s tiny, soft gold eyes stare into your own. You are so touched. At least you would die happy at this moment. A tiny, sparkling tear trickles down from the bird’s eye. Pity. It seemed to emit an aura of pity.

The tear dripped down to your slashed arm, making its way down to the huge wound. You cringe, expecting it to hurt like hell, just like antiseptic on scrapes. But you don’t feel the pain you expect. You feel relaxed, enlightened. The scars were closing up painlessly. The blood all around you turned into soft, gold feathers. This was the power of tears; the power of a phoenix’s tears.

You feel energy coming back to you, tingling from your toes, all the way up. You can run a hundred miles and still be running. The bird, the phoenix, you see why Daehyun wants it so badly. Why he was so scared to kill you.

The bird chirps happily, flying around your head. You feel safe, like the phoenix was some kind of charm that would protect you from evil. You could easily mark this the happiest day of your life, the day you truly felt reborn, and the day that you found the thing which could bring your best friend back to life.

‘So, that is the potential of the true phoenix,’ you hear someone mutter. Maybe your hearing has improved since you have been living in the forest; you have to be alert. The phoenix chirps urgently, flying amongst the trees. A young man steps out slowly from behind a tree; he seems to be carrying someone.

‘Why, hello there,’ he says in a business-like tone, dumping the body next to him. ‘My name is Himchan.’ He simply stands there, smirking slightly as he watches you gape at the dead body. You can’t make out who it is but the clothes seem so familiar.

Himchan clears his throat and beings what seems to be a well recited speech. ‘I would like to show you a miracle. The dead will be brought to life before your very eyes. Whether you agree to watch me or not, it shall be your choice. But I promise you, this isn’t set up.’ Himchan whistles shrilly and a black bird instantly appears. ‘Meet the Black Phoenix. He shall be the magician for tonight’s show.’

Daehyun’s P.O.V:

I need to find my way back to that girl. That stupid phoenix has probably already healed the girl. Argh! And that Himchan is probably lurking around here like some eagle again. The next time I see that bird, I will snatch it no matter what! Revenge is sweet, but the path to revenge is just too bitter for my liking. ‘Why, hello there.’  It’s… it’s that Himchan idiot’s voice! He’s near. That means that girl is near too! What am I going to do?

Do you stay and watch?

If you do, go to the show by clicking here. 

If not, exit the show via the exit here.