Almost Red Handed

Tears of a Phoenix

The bird looks so content in your hands; it chirps, hops around happily and sometimes even puffs out small flames from its wings. ‘No,’ you say, your voice shaking. Daehyun’s icy smile widens. ‘Not so sure are we now?’ You take a tiny step back, even the bird seemed to be hopping around in smaller circles.

Daehyun leans against a nearby tree and simply stares at the golden bird in your hand. ‘You see,’ he begins, looking uncertain. ‘That bird… it…’ Your lips simply want to stretch into a smile. You’ve never seen Daehyun so disorganised in his bad guy speeches, nor with that inch of worried expressions on his face.

‘It what..?’ you spit, hoping that your smile would be hidden in your frown. ‘It…,’ he says. ‘It would love me more than it loves you now.’ You are completely dumbfounded. This guy, with the iciest heart in the world, thinks that the innocent golden bird would love you more than him? You almost burst out in laughter.

‘Go jump down a waterfall,’ you say back to him, barely concealing your smile. ‘I’d rather die than give you the bird.’ And I certainly would, you think to yourself. This bird is surely the key to bringing my friend back to life if Daehyun wants it this badly. And without another word said, you turn on your heel and strut away.

Your back is tense. You expect something to happen. Maybe Daehyun would pull out a gun and shoot you. Your hands are shaking. Slash! Out of nowhere, Daehyun flies out and slashes your arm. But rather than staying on the spot, laughing at your pain, he runs away.

You hold onto the bird tightly, making sure that it didn’t run away. It was struggling between your fingers, absolutely desperate to run somewhere. The pain in your arm is agonising and slowly, numbness will follow. Will you let the bird go?

Daehyun P.O.V:

Her arm, I hope she bleeds to death. If I shot her, would I have killed the bird too? Argh! My mind is all messed up because of that stupid bird. I keep thinking it is some delicate piece of glass when it can destroy the world in the blink of an eye.

That girl, I’ll do whatever it takes to take that bird off her. No, more like, I’ll steal it off her. It’s mine. Even though the ashes were mine in the first place, all it needed was that magical lighter thing from Zelo. Zelo. That traitor. Everything is just so wrong, I need that bird in my control.

If you let the bird go, please proceed by clicking here. 

If not, please click here.