Sehun- "I Want To Ask You A Favor"

Secrets Of A Heartless Fairy
 
September 19th, 2006
((Sehun))
 
“I can’t believe you actually broke your ankle!” Joonmyun-hyung continued to lecture Exi as we all finally got back to our dorm from the hospital at almost 2 am.
 
“…Sorry…”
 
“An apology won’t solve anything, Exi! The doctor said you’ve been straining that bad ankle for at least a good 3 days. You’re lucky that he said that it’ll be able to heal in a mare 6 weeks… I mean, what would’ve happened if that injury would’ve gotten worst because you didn’t get it checked in time and made it impossible for you to continue dancing? All of these long years of training would’ve just been for nothing, Exi!” he continued rambling.
 
Exi had her head hung low as she continued to take Joonmyun-hyung’s words to heart while I could only watch; after all, I knew all too well what happen if I tried to defy Hyung’s authority inside the dorm. Yes, after years of pestering me, Exi had finally convinced me to audition and eventually become an SM trainee. So, some months ago, I moved into the 8th floor of the all boys’ dorm to live with my other roommates: Yi Xing-hyung, Chanyeol-hyung, Kris-hyung, Joonmyun-hyung, and Minseok-hyung.
 
“I just didn’t want to trouble anyone,” the girl tried to explain.
 
“Exi… Listen here and you listen well, girly. You are never, and I mean never ever, any trouble to any of us and you will never be. We’re family here and we really care about you, you understand? We don’t want to see hurt as much as you don’t want to see us hurt. I mean, would you like it if we hide the things that hurt us from you like you did up until now?” Minseok-hyung explained in a calm tone as he her hair to calm her down.  
 
Exi shook her head as she continued to look down, a little embarrassed.
 
“Okay, so now that you understand all that, you need your rest, girly. Come on,” Kris-hyung said as he stood up and gently helped her get up as well. Oh, right, I forgot to mention: Exi lives in the 8th floor of boys’ dorm, too. Apparently, there was some sort of mistake during her acceptance, and everyone has been too lazy to change it.
 
“Hey, Hyung, I’ll help her,” I spoke up as I smiled at Exi, who, I noticed, was seriously doubting whether or not to fight back after hearing Minseok-hyung’s speech. I just winked at her, secretly trying to tell her to trust me.
 
“Are you sure, Sehun?”
 
“Don’t sweat it!”
 
“Thanks, kiddo,” Hyung answered as he let me put Exi’s arm around my neck to help me hold her up. In silence, we made our way to her room and soon enough I had sat her down on her bed.
 
“Sehun?” Joonmyun-hyung asked as he poked his head inside Exi’s room. He was carrying a small try with a glass filled with water over it and I felt Exi flinch at the sight.
 
“Yeah?”
 
“I forgot that we have to give Exi some painkillers before she goes to sleep.”
 
I nodded and then kneeled down to her level, trying to calm her down.
 
“Exi, we have to give you some medicine, okay?” I asked her cautiously. “No more doctors or hospitals, it’s just medicine. I promise.”
 
The girl looked at me in disbelieve while clutching her cellphone tightly in her hand and I showed her the pills in response. She then closed her eyes and slowly nodded as she took them and the glass from the tray, and quickly swallowed the medicine. After that, I stood up from the floor and we both left the room quietly, wanting to let the girl sleep in peace. So as Joonmyun-hyung immediately went into the kitchen to wash the now empty glass, I also followed and sat down on the kitchen counter, playing with my hands a little in nervousness.
 
“Hey, Hyung, there’s something I need to tell you about Exi.”
 
Joonmyun-hyung turned around, drying his hands on a towel as he finished washing the glass.
 
“I’m listening.”
 
“Look, Hyung, I know that you’ve been here the longest and that you’ve been living under the same roof as Exi for way longer than any one of us here; I don’t want to undermine any of that. But there’s something that you most probably don’t know about her.” I paused a little, running my finger through my hair, while I tried to find a way to explain. “Please don’t ask how or why because I really don’t know, okay Hyung? You just have to trust me when I tell you that Exi is completely terrified of doctors and hospitals and everything that’s remotely related to medicine. She’ll never admit it, but she just is. So, please, don’t make her go back to the hospital.”
 
I looked at Joonmyun-hyung with nothing but seriousness in my eyes and waited for his reaction. He seemed to be pondering over some things, but after a while he nodded in understanding.
 
“That’s it?” he asked.
 
“…I guess so.”
 
“Then that would actually explain many things... Tell you what, I’ll try and see what I can do so that she doesn’t have to go there again, okay? Now, go to sleep, kiddo, we both have school tomorrow,” he smiled and waved a quick goodbye before closing the door to his room.
 
I sighed as I heard the door close.
 
In this world, there are only a handful of people who could actually make me smile. In Exi’s case, though, it wasn’t because of a special reason. It was just that we had been grouped together for so long now that I felt completely comfortable talking to her, keeping up with her little quirks, and smiling around her. I didn’t want to see her hurt. That’s most probably the reason why I ended up sneaking back into her room again: to make sure that she was really asleep. So I entered the room and sat down on her bed, softly smiling at her sleeping figure. Once I decided she was indeed asleep, I stood up and started to leave. Just then, I felt a small tug on the corner of my shirt and when I turned around, I saw that Exi had her eyes wide open and that she was looking at me with pleading eyes.
 
“Sehunnie…” she whispered as her hands trembled and her hold on me got weaker and weaker. “Sehunnie, I-I need you to do me a favor...”