007

A Bad Boy's Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

ARTIFICIAL 
The true one, or was it artificial as well?

 

"Kai, wait!" His friends called as they tried to catch up with the raven. He was flare, burning under the crushing sound of his angered soul. Grim, was his voice, settled in the abyss dark as he walks down the distant hallway. His friends gulped as they watch the man's hands tugged in his pockets. Sluggishly, Kai kicked the trashcan with a loud, ringing slam to the other side of the hallway and cursed loudly.

 

He was pissed to the core. 

 

But what for? What was the reason behind this madness? Kai was never one to ignore girls, nevertheless get mad at one. He was always that one guy who would never leave a girl untouched. And he'll only cast them aside when he's given a choice. Come to think of it, Kai hadn't touch the ice nerd at all. Despite having her as his seatmate since god knows when, Kai hadn't make any initiative to approach the girl. It was almost as if he was trying his best to ignore her presence, or was it the other way around?

 

D.O furrowed his eyes at the younger male who ran his fingers through his hair angrily. He tried to connect all the puzzle pieces that were scattered around the frame. Kai, who never gets mad at girls, harshly rejected a girl's advance today. Though he does that occasionally, he never does it harshly. And today was simply him breaking his principles and hurting a girl's feelings. But why? 

 

Something, D.O remembered. There was something that felt out of place. Someone. He thought, recalling the cold expression that was the centre of the equation before it was moved out without notice. Although that might not be the reason, although it might have sounded bizarre to think that someone like that could possibly be the reason to Kai's anger, but that was the only thing D.O can come up with. 

 

Jung Daesom. 

 

The supposedly victim that slipped out of the situation when Kai was busy putting on an angry show before the class. D.O nudged the eldest male to the corner. "Hyung, just a question..." He explained his theories to Suho, while the rest listened attentively to the shorter male's deduction. The theory sounded logical, but they weren't sure if it was real or simply a theory.

 

D.O explained about the times where he'd catch Kai's stiff acting around the girl. The way Kai would space out, and the unusual attitude he'll pull off whenever that ice stone girl was around. Not to mention that Jung Daesom was practically the only one in the entire female population in school that he has never lay his hands on. Or rather, he had never even made a single contact with the girl at all. These odd acts drew suspicious, as the group tailed after the man in fury. 

 

Suho seemingly supported D.O's theory, agreeing that Kai's attitude was always weird whenever Jung Daesom was involved. It didn't take an idiot to realize that the cocky attitude would slump to a quiet, dark presence at the sight of the ice nerd. No matter how impossible it seems, there is a chance for Kai to be physically attracted to the girl. 

 

Because cold, distant girls that are hard to get are usually the culprits of attraction.

 

"I doubt it." Sehun stood, hands crossed as his eyes darted to Kai, worried that he might overhear what he said. "I mean. Come on, it's Kai we're talking about." He exclaimed, standing firm at his point.

 

"Plus, who is that girl back in his house anyway?"

 

Suho sighed, eyes turned to the said male and shook his head. "I think we should just leave it as it is for now." He told his friends with a soft smile on his face.

 

Kai ran his fingers through his hair in frustration. He had overheard his friends' conversation. It's stupid of them to not make it a point to keep it as a whisper, so no, he wasn't eavesdropping. Kai clicked his tongue and walked. He wasn't going to explain anything to his friends, not about Daesom, nor would he explain about the girl back in his house. They were the same person, he knew as much, but he couldn't be bothered to explain to his friends who could possibly flip the moment the catch the news. Or rather, he knew he wouldn't like it if they were to know about Jung Daesom. 

 

He didn't like how he imagined Daesom talking to any one of them. So he vowed to not introduce her at all.

 

Forcefully sliding the door open with a loud slam, he entered the empty, abandoned classroom. Spider webs veiled the shelves, and dust danced along with the small swish of wind that came along with their presence. Kai propped himself on one of the vacant seat and propped his legs on the desk. He was going to sleep the anger off this time, knowing that there is absolutely no way for the girl to approach him.

 

Approach? She won't even look at him.

 

Bitterly, he popped a gum into his mouth and chewed vigorously, blowing bubbles as he ignores the weird stares his friends were giving him. "Kai..." Suho tried to approach the man, but he gave no response. Pressing his lips, Suho nudged D.O, hoping that the kid would be able to crack out of his stubborn nutshell and tell them exactly what's wrong.  

 

"Kai, you gotta tell us what's wrong. I mean, we don't have telepathy powers you know." D.O joked, but once again, there was no answer coming from the said man. 

 

His friends sighed, deciding that they should give up. 

 

And then the door slided open. 

 

 

Beyond the door, stood the girl in question. With her signature cold expression wore on her face, she stared at the door handle. Hesitatingly, she placed her cold fingers on the metal surface and slowly slided the door open. The first thing she could taste was the sour, bitter tension that was built up in the whole room. Next comes the annoying itch of dust that floated, danced around her body. Daesom frowned, how did they manage to keep themselves in this place? That's something she'll never know.

 

"Er, did you come to the wrong classroom or something?" Baekhyun, she remembered him as one of Kai's friend. With a boring, flat gaze, she kept her lips pressed boringly. It wasn't her intention to hide her identity in the first place. It was simply them who decided to stereotype scholars as poor, underinvested people. And when she said them, she meant everyone in the school. 

 

Daesom ignored Baekhyun, as well as the taller male who tried to stop her from entering the room. Her eyes landed on the dark figure by the seat. His eyes were closed, and his jaw was clenched tightly. He is mad. She knows as much and allowed a soft sigh pass unknowing to the others. Walking pass his friends that were still trying to convince her to leave, she stood before the man, eyes darted coldly at him.

 

Silence was all she gives as she waited for him to speak up. She knew he picked up the soft footsteps that walked up to him. She knew that he knew that it was her standing before him now. But he did nothing there. There was no glare, not shouting... Nothing. A slightly crease appeared between her brows. Strange. She thought, but didn't bother to point it out. 

 

"You're not talking." Her words sounded flat, plain boring as she tried to read his expression. 

 

Surprise. That was all he can feel when his eyes snapped open with a short glance shot at her. Everything has already gone out of his expectations when he heard the sound of the door sliding softly, followed on with the familiar steady, soft footsteps that approached him without a sign of hesitation. It was her. He just knew it, but he didn't want to talk, he was far too pissed to contain himself at that moment. But everything seemed to have crashed and burned when he heard her voice. 

 

Jung Daesom came to him, looked at him, and talked to him. 

 

He wanted to speak, desperately, he wanted to hold onto those thin, delicate hands of hers. The thirst, the desperation... The desire to grasp even the slightest bit of feelings from the girl felt so strong, and yet he stopped. He couldn't do it. 

 

He turned away, eyes avoiding hers as he blew a bubble. The silence resembles the painful glares that was piercing behind his back. She's mad. He knew. Even though nothing was shown on her cold, fixed expression, he knew that Jung Daesom was angered by his actions back in the classroom. It was just that she was better at concealing her feelings and controlling her temper compared to him. It was then he realized that she was just going to wait for him to speak. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter