033

A Bad Boy's Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

SQUARE ONE 
Rewind, and allow everything to start over again.

 

None dared to breathe a soul. The class was unusually quiet, all eyes staring at the girl who finally attended classes after a long break. Most wouldn't know what she had been through, but Kai wouldn't allow anyone to get close to her after what happened back then. No matter where she heads to, Kai would be there, guarding like a hound glaring at every passersby. Daesom couldn't have stopped him from doing so. He was just worried sick, afraid that she'll faint before him again.

 

She pursed her lips and sneaked a glance at the man who glared at the tattle tales who were chattering about her in the background and sighed. No matter what she has to say, he wouldn't listen anyway. She thought and flipped through the book she had in her hand. "Glad to have you back." Suho was one of the first to greet her when she first entered the classroom. She was grateful of it. Suho is a gentleman, a kind person whom she wouldn't mind having by her side as a good friend.

 

She nodded her head and muttered a soft "thank you". The teacher wasn't around, but the group had decided to come early to greet Daesom. The class stared in curiosity, unsure of what to do. Kai was glaring like a hawk, specifically towards the group of girls who were gossiping at the near corner of the room. Daesom wouldn't mind, but Kai was cautious with the girls. 

 

"How are you feeling now?" D.O asked. 

 

"Fine." She muttered. To be honest, she didn't know how to respond to D.O's question. She wasn't a person who would speak her thoughts. It's harder for her to express her feelings. 

 

"Did Kai bully you again?" Sehun clicked his tongue. "He didn't hurt you, did he?"

 

Playfully, he glared at Kai, who glared back at him. "What the hell are you saying?" Kai groaned and nudged Sehun's head. 

 

"I was scared for Sommie. I mean, we're talking about you-" 

 

"Sommie?!" Kai furrowed his eyes. "You brat-" 

 

"Oops, time to run." And Sehun fleed away.

 

"That brat..." Kai was going to chase Sehun, but the thought of leaving Daesom alone stopped him. She wasn't particularly disappointed, she was just staring at him curiously when he turned to her. Her head was slightly tilted, eyes blinking in confusion when he pressed his lips thin in response to the sight before him.

 

She looked undeniably adorable, that's what.

 

"Someone needs to get that kid back." D.O clicked his tongue, and Baekhyun smirked. "Omma, why don't you go?" He was grinning, but stopped when D.O turned to glare at him.

 

Suho sighed. "I'll go." He got up from his seat. "Call me when the teacher is here, and tell him that I'm hunting for the Hun."

 

"This is where you say..." Chanyeol started. "Sure, hon." Baekhyun and Chanyeol chanted, and they both earned smacks in the head from D.O.

 

"Ouch! What was that, Kyungsoo? I mean, we-" The group froze the moment they heard an odd sound coming from the girl.

 

She stiffened and blinked her eyes at them.

 

Kai's eyes widened lightly at her. 

 

What? She wanted to ask, but she couldn't find the courage to speak. It was hard to change that habit of hers. She can never bring herself to speak her mind no matter how people treat her. She pursed her lips and decided to hide behind her book again, thinking that if she were to ignore their stares, they would go back to meddling among themselves than to give her odd looks. 

 

And then she heard someone clearing his throat.

 

"I'm going to get something to eat. I skipped breakfast." D.O said. "Kai, come with me." 

 

Kai would have rejected his invitation, but Chanyeol decided to push him away. "We'll take care of Sommie." He grinned when Kai glared at him. 

 

"For the last time, don't call her-"

 

"Sommie~ What are you reading?~"

 

"Come on." D.O pushed him out of the room, and Daesom didn't even know what to do about it.

 

 

"What was that for?!" Kai was pissed, just slightly, but not to the point where he'll get mad at his friend. D.O was casually hitting the button on the vending machine, ignoring the glares Kai was giving while he picks up the drink from the box. "I said I was hungry."

 

"You bought a drink."

 

"It's banana milk." D.O said, deadpanned. He stabbed the straw in and took a sip. "Want one?" He raised an eyebrow, and Kai shook his head.

 

"No thanks." He muttered, eyes turned back to the direction where they came from. He didn't feel all that great leaving Daesom alone. Sure, Baekhyun and Chanyeol were around her, but what if she walked away from the noises they make? She'll be alone then, and people can hurt her at that point. He can feel the raging blood threatening to transmit down his bloodstream. If he were to see that, he'll definitely erupt. 

 

"Funny." D.O commented. Casually, he threw the empty box into the bin. "You're actually worried."

 

"I've always been worried."

 

"But she's healthy now." D.O smirked. "She's healthy already, and you're still worried for her."

 

Kai frowned. D.O was being ridiculous now. "She's my fiancee."

 

"You never cared before this." D.O was leaning against the vending machine. "Not until she slapped you in the face."

 

"What do you know?" Kai groaned. D.O wouldn't know how long he had been trying to ignore the buzzing feeling rumbling on his chest. The crazy sensation, the pain Daesom gave him had dated back when they first met, when he first found out that they were engaged. Their past was a grey, dull distance separated by the great wall of china. He can never climb over the fences, she never allowed him to.

 

And now, he thought the walls were growing lower.  

 

D.O turned back to the vending machine. "Question." D.O whistled lightly. "What does Daesom like?" He asked, and Kai froze.

 

What does she like? He wonders about that too. She never mentions any specifics. She never speaks her mind. She never complains about any dislikes. So exactly what does she like? He pursed his lips and turned away. It would have been embarrassing to say that he doesn't actually know anything about her at all. That's why it couldn't have been love. He wasn't in love, just trying to love the woman he'll be with in the future. 

 

"I don't know." That's all he can say, and D.O paused there. "Not surprised." D.O was convincing, but the shorter man was quite taken back by what Kai said. He thought Kai would, at least, know what she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter