029

A Bad Boy's Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

FADE TO BLACK 
The world she resides in, faded into darkness.

 

The next few days felt like hell for him. The times she spent in a day became lesser, and the times where he'd see her talk dropped to nothingness. She wouldn't look at him anymore, eyes simply stared far ahead as though she was waiting for something. "Daesom, you have to eat." He mumbled, eyes staring at the untouched tray that was set before the table. Today had been the third day that she had refused the food that was given to her. The third day since she opened to speak.

 

Daesom never turned back. Her orbs were a dull shade of grey, a blank stare by the window.

 

"Daesom..." He didn't know what to do to make her eat. He couldn't have forced her, that wouldn't do her any good, knowing how much she tried to kill herself the other day. She tried to pull off the stitches, but the nurses had her limbs stretched by the bars to prevent her from doing so. They were forced to put her to sleep next, and when she wakes up, she was stuck in this state since then.

 

He had been trying to get her attention for days. So many hours, and the girl just wouldn't look at him. He hadn't heard her voice for days. The voice that he favored, the voice that he craved for was sealed to , and the eyes that he desperately wanted to look at were glued to the blank, boring scenery by the window frame. She wouldn't look at him even if he called, he knew that. But he wasn't going to stop trying.

 

Perhaps it was the guilt, or perhaps, it was something else. He couldn't have enough guts to ask her anything about Kim Myungsoo. He knew that she was growing attached to the blind man, but to the point where she'd refuse to eat... Daesom might have been sensitive, but she isn't insensible. His brows were kneaded tightly, crease formed between two lines as he continues to stare at the girl. He was curious, dead curious about the man who had left them with his heart in her hands...

 

But she has died. Kim Myungsoo had killed her the moment he closes his eyes. 

 

Kai can do nothing but a sigh when he stepped out of the suffocating room to get some fresh air. He had been trying for days, trying to get her back on track, trying to get her to look at him again. But none of it worked. He tried bring flowers, but her hands wouldn't budge to hold onto them. He tried bringing a teddy bear, but she wouldn't even look at it. And then... He tried touching her hair, gently combing the tangled ends. But she wouldn't even turn back. She was as stiff as a statue, and she barely moved from her seat since the day she woke up.

 

Please... He leaned against the wall and closed his eyes. Was it his entire fault that he had pushed her to the edge? Was it because of him that she grew attached to that man? Or was it something else? He would have asked, if she would even spare a glance at him. But her attachment to the world was slowly fading away. The times she'd rather spend in her dreams became longer, and the days she'd spend in the real world became lesser.

 

She's slowly rejecting the world she's looking at, that was what he believed.

 

"Kai-ssi." Hyeri was just walking pass the corridor, she wasn't expecting to see the young man with his head hung low. She noticed the threatening crystals moulding his eyes, but said nothing, as Kai tried to shift his eyes away to prevent her from looking at it. Hyeri pursed her lips and walked up to him.

 

"You looked tired." I am. Kai's lids closed slowly, then parted. He was exhausted, physically from the nights that he spent keeping himself awake, mentally from the stress that was built up from the pain of not being able to see her looking at him. Her soul was distant, wondering so far ahead that he couldn't have reached for it. At the thought of that, he squeezed his eyes shut and ran his fingers through his dark locks. 

 

"Why don't you... Take a break of something?" Hyeri suggested, eyes formed soft smiles of comfort for the young man. He was at loss, a stray soul searching for where it belongs. "Try talking to Lay or something. Or... Just get some rest." She gave him a light pat on the shoulder and shook her head. "One day, she'd come to accept the fact that that man is no longer, and she will have to live in the present." Hyeri left, and Kai was just standing there.

 

Maybe Hyeri was right, maybe he should take a break. They should take a break from this. His hands were trembling at the thought. They're both young, naive, and weak. What else is there to hope to heal both of their wounded souls? Her heart yearns for a dead man, and his heart yearns for her broken soul. He knew he couldn't compete with someone who's gone, someone whom her heart was latched onto. She could have loved that kind man, someone who is gentle, considerate, compassionate... Someone who is not him. Kim Myungsoo's love was different, a beautiful art that he presented before her in forms where he wouldn't be able to. At the thought of that, Kai trembled. 

 

It wasn't fear, he wasn't intimidated.

 

It was the despair that brought shivers down his spine.

 

Maybe he should have been in Myungsoo's place. Maybe he should have been the one to give her his heart, so that she'd be happy with the man she loves. But he's a healthy man, and Lay wouldn't have allowed that to happen. His heart to sacrifice was in vain, a hopeless wish to keep the small, tiny space in her heart. If he had taken over Myungsoo's place that day, would she be griefing over him instead? Will she cry over him? Will she finally... Look at him? 

 

Questions, doubts and fear... His thoughts were monstrous, an ugly sight that sets uncertainty. 

 

Perhaps, he shouldn't have known. He shouldn't have found out about the things she has been hiding from him all these while. He only knew that much about Jung Daesom, that she was a cold-hearted woman who never bothers to care about him. She was cold, someone who never looks back. If he didn't know, he would still be chasing after her retreating back, until her very

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter