027

A Bad Boy's Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

GONE, NO LONGER AROUND 
Everything was far too late for them to turn back time.

 

"Clear!" He can hear her body rise and fall despite not being there. The loud slam, the rushing steps, everything felt so realistic that the tears just keeps rolling when he presses his fist to his forehead. "I'm sorry." Those two words never felt more painful than this. He remembered the look on her face when he told her that. She was cold, disappointed with him. The distant look on her face, the tears that traced down her pale skin... Everything felt so painful, so suffocating for the man's poor heart.

 

Regrets. He can feel it, crafted deep into his bone marrow. The stinging pain on his gut was creeping, crawling up to his heart. Contracting, pulling, ripping his soul apart. Exactly why did he do that? Why did he have to hold another woman when he had clearly wanted no one else but her? How stupid could he have been to have done something like that. He messed up. And now, he's facing the consequences. The pain of seeing her eyes close, the fear for that she might not open her eyes again...

 

The door slammed open, and the medical team dragged her bed out of the room in haste. "What's going on?" He straightened his knees and rushed up to Lay, who was busy instructing his team to push Daesom's unconscious body down the corridor. "Just wait. You can't come in here." Lay kept him out of the room, and the lights went red on top of the door. More people came, and he was kept out of the door. His shoulders were shoved, bumped onto countlessly, but his eyes were just staring at the door.

 

The operation room. It says on the sign attached to the side. She's been brought to the operation room. His breathing hitched, shook violently as his knees finally gave in. He collapsed, knees fell to the ground with a loud thump as he covers his eyes. His jaw tightened, teeth gritted painfully as he tried to hold back the tears of regrets, the despair from pouring out.

 

Please be safe. He begged, his body shook vigorously under the silent corridor. There were no one there for him to cry with, no one whom he can share the pain with. The corridor was a silent grim, a quiet hollow scream that emphasized his regrets. It mirrored the hollow scar in his heart, the thorny vines that tangled his mindless soul, tearing it apart. 

 

The silence torments him, chiming scoffs to his pathetic nature.

 

The darkness kills him, dancing lonely figures, embracing his cowardly self.

 

He closed his eyes, lips tremble under the cold, the blizzard pain in her eyes that reflected in his mind.

 

I'm sorry. He allowed a tear to shed. 

 

I'm so sorry. 

 

 

She couldn't feel a thing. The room was silent, a white, blank space between nothingness. Her body felt light, weightlessly floating in the midst nothingness as her eyes stared aimlessly. Dull, was her heart that weighted her down, but there were no chains, nothing to hold her back from wanting to fall. Where am I? She couldn't figure it out. Everything was white, the scenery, her clothes, the sky, the ground... Everything was the pale, pure color that blinds her eyes. 

 

"... Som." She turned, eyes softened at the small figure that skipped towards a taller figure. The raven born thick locks were a messy bunch, but the feeling of her fingers brushing his locks were gentle. The man had beautiful eyes. Daesom can see it clearly through the little girl's eyes. A kind young man, with a gentle, bright smile. "My precious princess." She heard him called the little girl as he lifts her up. And then... Everything seemed to have faded away.

 

Was it her vision? Was it the tears that were blurring the images before her? She couldn't recall the young boy with gentle gaze. The fine details on his face, the deep dimples that sunk on his cheeks... Everything reminded her of someone whom she can feel warmth of. The gentle smile on his face was the warmth to her cold, harsh world.

 

"You're not allowed to see him again!" Her mother's voice rang, roared like the storming waves that slammed down the shore. She can hear the loud slam, and there it was, the broken pendant fell right before the boy's shoe. She couldn't see the look on the boy's face when he was taken away from the room. The adults were just too strong, too harsh to tear them apart. She can see the look on her brother's face. He was devastrated, he begged their mother, hoping for her to show mercy to the boy, but she didn't. She condemned him in solitary, exiled away from their sight. 

 

And then... Her world was cold again.

 

Who was it? She couldn't recall his name. But the palm he placed gently on her face felt so warm on her skin. The kindness he gave was the light to her dark, isolated void. "Don't go." She reached for the hand that was pulling back. And then there was a smile, a soft, gentle smile that warmed her heart. "I'll be there for you." He whispered softly, and the light that covered his face slowly fades. 

 

It was him, the blind man who stumbled into her room that day. The man who accompanied her, the man who cheered her up, and the man whom she found surprisingly familiar with. The same boy from back then, the same boy whom her mother casted aside.

 

It was Kim Myungsoo.

 

She can hear his chuckle ringing in her ears, she can feel the tears that traced down her cold cheeks. But she can no longer feel the warmth that was slowly slipping out of her fingers despite her tight grip on his wrist. His image was slowly fading away, and his smile was slowly being wiped out of her sight.

 

"You should smile more." The words that he said days ago, the smiles that he gives, everything suddenly came to her. He closed his eyes, the smile was still there, vague in her memories when the white petals flowed with the wind. "Smile, Daesom." 

 

And when the wind blows, everything just falls into a hollow world tainted in black.

 

"Heart rate... Dropping..." She can hear the voices from the real world. The loud clickings of metal, the loud beeping of machines, the uneven breathing... But what else is there? The red world that painted on his beautiful face was no longer, it was white, the pale beauty of death that masked over the stiffened smile on his face. She wanted to open her eyes, to scream at them to save him, but she couldn't even move her fingers to get the people's attention. Her consciousness was there, but her body has fallen deep. 

 

She was helplessly screaming, her soul was crying, a midst of despair for the lost of a great man in her life. But what can she do now?

 

There is no turning back.

 

 

He waited before the door. His eyes glued subconsciously to the lights that were screaming crimson. How long has he been staring at it. He didn't know. It was just the anxiety, the guilt, and the pain that was slowly consuming him whole. This was an unexpected situation, and the only thing he can hope is for her to be safe. He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter