025

A Bad Boy's Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A BROKEN PROMISE 
The promises that he made back then, once again, he broke them.

 

He did not come back to her room that night. Daehyun had already left, thinking that it was better to leave her with him than to do complicating explanations. She shivered under the cold and turned to the clock. It is nearly twelve, and Kai isn't back yet. She frowned and shifted her gaze to the door. It was more than just a simple odd thought to find him not coming back and not informing her about it. She pursed her lips and turned to her phone. There were no calls, no messages, nor were there any sign of his shadow lurking around.

 

Saying that she wasn't disappointed was a lie. She reached for her phone and unlocked the screen. His face was just there on her screen. He had his picture locked on her phone with a simple V sign beside his face. She couldn't help the chuckle. He was persistent in having this on her phone that day. "So that you wouldn't forget my face." Those were his words when she wanted to change the wallpaper back. 

 

Her fingers trailed, gently tapped on his cheek as a small smile played on her face. He had been unusually gentle, although there are times when he is childish. A man of a thousand faces, she found a soft chuckle run past her lips as she presses her lips thin. Where could he have been? She thought, eyes distant as she looks out at the starry night sky. 

 

It was when her eyes land on the clock that she decided that he wasn't going to come back here today.

 

She dropped a sigh and rested on the soft cover. He won't come back. She stared at the phone. Her finger wondered, lingered around the call button as she stares at his number in daze. Should she? Or should she not bother? She wasn't used to this. The fact that he had always been the one contacting her made it ten times harder for her to do so. Exactly what do people say when they first call another? She pursed her lips and frowned. Hello? Hey? She couldn't help the soft pout when she couldn't figure out what to say. 

 

She shook her head and dropped the phone by the side table. She should just give up, she thought. She was never good at this anyway.

 

So she closed her eyes, and hoped to see him tomorrow.

 

He'll come. She hoped. 

 

He definitely will. 

 

 

Kai was just wondering around the corner. He didn't know what to do, nor does he know what to say to Daesom. Who is that man? Exactly what's their relationship? Why did she allow him to hug her like that? Why did she respond to the hug? There were so many questions in his mind, but he didn't have the guts to walk into the room to ask her about it. What can he say? Does he even have the right to be mad at her? That man could have been there for her way before he knew about this. That man could have been with her while he was busy fooling around with someone else. That man could have been everything that he wasn't.

 

Kai found the empty seat down the lonely corridor. It hurts. He can feel the deep cut piercing down his throat. It's funny how Jung Daesom just has this effect on him. Even when they had come to this point, she still managed to hurt him without even trying. He leaned against the wall and closed his eyes. He was tired, he was sick of being the one desperately trying to hold onto her while there are just too many people around her. Everyone could have been a threat, everyone. 

 

His fingers curled thickly, as he parts his eyes to glare at the empty trashcan. One Kim Myungsoo is enough, but to think that there would be someone else... Someone that she'd actually react to... That thought hurt him mercilessly. It was exhausting, the fact the he had spent all his life trying to catch her attention, while there are just people like them whom she'd show affection to without the need to try.

 

Hic. He stiffened and turned to the source of the sound. The sound came from the corner. He got up from his seat and slowly made his way to the corner. 

 

Paused, he found a girl with similar raven mess by the side. Tears, he can see them tracing down her face as she uglily sobs at the corner. It was the same girl back then. He recalled. His shoulders tensed when she noticed his presence. What can he say? He pursed his lips and watched as the girl fidget and panically wipe her tears aside. She nibbled her lips and faked a smile.

 

"A-ah, Kai-ssi..." She mumbled and bowed at him. She had removed the specs, exposing a fairly beautiful feature, though he would prefer Daesom's. Her eyes were shaded red, drenched in tears that she desperately tries to remove from her face. To put it simply, she looked rather pitiful. 

 

"I... I'm just going to get going..." She strode, making an attempt to walk pass him, but he held her back. He didn't know what came to him, but he just did. He pulled her back and frowned at her when she didn't even want to look

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter