017

A Bad Boy's Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

BROKEN BLOOMED BUD 
What's left in the end is not always what you wished for.

 

"We'll discharge you for now. Don't overdose on drugs anymore." She breathed deeply and exhaled with a loud pant. She had been discharged from the hospital after five days of intense monitoring. Once again, they couldn't find anything at all. To be honest, Lay actually disagreed to have her discharged, but due to protocols, he'd have no choice but to discharge her because she is in no danger yet. Kai wasn't particularly happy with it as well, but she managed to convince him that she was fine enough to leave the hospital. It took her one condition to be discharged from the hospital: Kai has to be with her at all times to make sure she's alright.

 

She walked down the corridor with her books in her hand, approaching the locker room with her ears muffled with the earphones that she plugged to her phone. The locker room was noisy, busy with students who decided that it was more fun running their remote automobiles on the ground. Kai wasn't there with her. Sure, he drove her to school this time, but there was something he needed to get from his friends. He told her that he'll be back in less than fifteen minutes, so here she was, walking to the locker room alone to grab her books for the lessons. 

 

She halt, eyes stared boringly at the machine that crashed to her shoe. "My bad-" The boy looked up, and was surprised to see Jung Daesom standing before him. It was more than pure amusement for the man to flinch when she kicked the car away and walked pass him as if he was never there in the first place. Five days, it has been five days since she was last seen in school, so why is she here now? Students stiffened when she walk pass them. She wouldn't blame them for it, she did, in fact, asserted fear to them for standing up to Kai that day. It was almost scary for them to think that she is still standing on her feet after humiliating Kai like that.

 

Buzz. Her ears were ringing slightly, but she shrugged it off and stopped before her locker. swiping the combination on the lock, she pulled the door open, unaware of a bucket of surprise set above her head. The water tumbled down, rolled in full speed faced down and drenched her entire body, from top to bottom. She paused, eyes still staring straight despite the cold that crawled up her skin then. Laughter, she heard loud, hysterical laughter from the side of the room. It wasn't the majority that laughed, it was just that small group led by Ahn Haeri that dared to laugh at her misery.

 

"Aw, did you not see that coming?" Haeri asked, a wide smirk appered when Daesom made a short move to run her fingers through her hair. She can feel the chills running down her spine, but that was about it. She turned to Haeri, her eyes dull with boredom. "I am honestly amazed by how your brain functions in such circumstances that allows you to be so fearless at this point." Daesom's words were cold, monotoned when she gently push her onyx lock behind her back. Haeri was just staring, eyes squinted and lips parted in ajar. "You -" 

 

"The fact that you claimed that I am not worth your attention yet your actions spoke otherwise... Does that not ring a bell?" Daesom tilted her head slightly, eyes cold when she turned her attention back to her locker. She picked her books and took a step back to slam the locker shut with a loud thud. Carefully, she slot in the lock and swiped the code once, messing the pin before she switched her attention back to Haeri. "Mental disorders are curable, being an idiot however..." Gently, Daesom patted Haeri's shoulder.

 

"Keep it to yourself."

 

She shifted her attention when she found the familiar intense orbs that were staring at her. He was there with his friends again. Even though he wasn't saying anything, his brows were furrowed, and his fist was clenched tightly by his side. Daesom's grip on Haeri's shoulder tightened, and uncomfortably, she shifted her gaze away. 

 

The room was once again, dropped cold when Kai took slow steps forward. His friends were nervously tailing after him. None knew what he was thinking then, not even his friends who had been by his side since forever. D.O's brows frowned uncomfortably. Was Kai going to hurt Jung Daesom this time? He had witnessed how Jung Daesom ran away from Kai, how she refuses to stay in the same room as he is, so he was going to assume that he was going to hurt Jung Daesom this time. "Kai-" He reached for the man's arm, but he pulled away and removed his school coat. It wasn't until he dropped the coat on Daesom's shoulders that everyone gasped in surprise. 

 

"Let's go." Kai whispered softly and pulled her close to him. She wasn't saying anything, nor did she make any action to push him away. She was just standing still, eyes staring far ahead as she felt him tugging her in his warmth. Gently, he grabbed Daesom's books and pulled her out of the room, ignoring the stares that followed after them until they left the room. He wasn't going to give any proper explanation, nor is he going to make any official announcement. He was just going to focus all his attention on this girl in his arms, like what he had been doing for the past few days. 

 

They weren't saying anything. Daesom didn't make an effort to, and Kai didn't know what to say. He was just quietly escorting her to the infirmary for her to get a new set of uniform to change into, and then he'd wait for her to change out of the drenched outfit before he checks her pulse and temperature to make sure that she's fine. "Are you sure you're alright? Your hands are cold." He frowned, thumb gently rubbing on the back of her palm as he pulls it to his lips. She wasn't reacting to it, simply nodded as she shifts her attention away.

 

"I'm fine." She muttered softly. To be honest, she didn't know how to deal with Kai after that day. He had poured all the feelings he had so far on her, drowning her in the burning passion, suffocating her. And now, he is showering her with so much care that it was starting to scare her. She's not used to this, not used to being cared for. In all her life, the only one who bothered to care were people who were paid for it, or her brother whom she can only rely on since she was young.

 

He was smiling, lips gently curved though his brows spoke otherwise. He was worried. She can see that. But she didn't know how to react to his worries. She didn't know what to say, nor does she know how to comfort his worries. Pressing her lips thin, she turned to reach for her books, which he slammed his palm on and shake his head for. "I'll bring them for you." He said, and she frowned in response. "My arms work just fine." She exclaimed, and he let out a soft chuckle. "Just let me do it." He sighed and got up from the seat.

 

She too, pressed her palm on her knees to get up from her feet. "Here." He offered her a hand, and her frown deepened. "I can get up on my own." She said, and he shook his head. "Just let me do this." He smiled again and held her hand, gently lifting her up and pulling her close to him.

 

Daesom's frown became permanent, fixed on her face when they walked down the hallway regardless of students staring at the two of them. It has only been five days. Five days after the school's most sought man got rejected by the cold hearted nerd. Exactly what happened between the time frame that turned them into this? No one knew. No one was aware of the time bomb that was planted in Daesom's body

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter