012

A Bad Boy's Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

FAINTLY 
Because fate likes to toy with lives as if it was a board game.

 

She never came back. He waited for the entire night, hoping for the door to slide open, hoping for her to click her heels into the cold living room, but she never did. He thought that she was just late, but no, she never came home. She never did. The room was cold, the bed was cold, everything was as set as if she never came back in the first place. So he set for school. He drove at full speed to the precinct, took the first parking spot closest to the entrance and ran into the classroom. It was empty, her seat was empty. He groaned, hands roughly ran through his messy dark locks as he turned to the door, he was going to take a look around the neighbourhood. 

 

Pulling the door open, stiffened upon the familiar sight. But she wasn't her. She wasn't Jung Daesom. "Oh god." Eunmi gasped, cheeks reddened in surprise when the man furrowed his eyes slightly at her. He wasn't in the mood for games. Not when he didn't know where Jung Daesom was at. "Move." He hissed and pushed her aside. He strode, rushing back to his car as he picked up his phone to dial her number again.

 

There was no answer.

 

He breathed shakily and leaned back against the leather seat. The tight pain contracting on his chest. It hurts. He threw his phone to the passanger seat and kicked the box of the car. Have she finally decided to leave? But her things are still in the house. Could she have wanted to leave everything behind like this? Could she have planned this all along? To leave him as if she was never there in the first place. Was this her plan all along?

 

Did she want to leave that badly?

 

His mind couldn't think. He didn't want to. The pain that was slowly consuming all his sanity was driving him insane. The thought of Jung Daesom walking out of his life was plain madness. How could she be so cruel? She could have at least told him that she despises him, but no. She never did. Even when she always casts him a cold shoulder, even when she specified that their relationship, this engagement was nothing more than just business...

 

She never told him that she hates him.

 

If you're going to be cruel, why not tell it straight to my face? He dropped a loud laughter in the car as he pulls his arm to his face. Exactly what was this thing that was slowly killing him from the inside? It was eating him up, crawling up his skin and dotting, injecting into his blood stream. 

 

Fear. He was afraid that she'll leave.

 

His hands trembled on his face. His lips were shaking, and his jaw was clenched tightly.

 

And by the side of his car pouch, his phone rang.

 

Faintly.  

 

 

There was no sound. It's ten in the morning, he's in school, but she was not. "Kai oppa-"

 

" off." He hissed and shoved the girls off him as he walks down the hallway. Jung Daesom was still nowhere to be found. Angrily, he ruffled his hair and looked at his phone. There was no phone call, no messages that indicates that she is still there. He thought he was slowly growing insane. The thought of Jung Daesom not being present, having a red mark off her attendance slip, was almost impossible. She dislikes tardiness, he knows that, so exactly why is she not here? 

 

Was this really it? Did she really leave now?

 

He couldn't bring himself to call her parents. It's just impossible to do so. He remembered how her mother treated her when she asked to break off the engagement. She slapped her, hard. So he decided to keep it in, to search for Jung Daesom himself. 

 

"Kai." He stopped his tracks and turned to his friends. He wasn't in the best of moods, they knew that. Suho sighed and patted his shoulder. "You're tensed." He tried to joke, but the younger man wasn't buying it. He shrugged Suho's hand off and walked. His mood was dark, deep black aura expressed his unhappiness as he walks down the hallway to the locker. And there, he froze on the spot. 

 

Onyx ray. He saw her walking down in her usual tied up pony tail and black frames. She was reading her book, her bag secured behind her back as she proceeds towards her locker. She wasn't looking anywhere in particular, just straight up, where her locker is located at. So he took a few steps forward. He strode towards her locker and leaned against it as he listens to Sehun talking about something. Something related to their senior friends who had graduated and had moved on to adulthood. 

 

"So Luhan hyung invited us to meet up with them." Sehun beamed happily, and the rest nodded in response. "Kai, what do you say?" D.O asked, eyes turned to the man who was still leaning against the locker. Daesom stopped her tracks, eyes darted coldly at the man who was hogging on her locker door. Exactly what does he want from her now? She slammed her book shut and walked.

 

"Erm, do you need anything?" Suho asked, eyes stared at the girl who was just busy glaring at Kai who didn't seem to care. She briefly looked at Suho, then shifted her attention back to Kai. "Locker." Her brows furrowed slightly when he decided to tug his hands into his pocket. Baekhyun blinked his eyes, shifting from Kai to Daesom then back to Kai. There was this unknown tension that was expanding, growing when the two meet. Kai, who didn't look particularly happy just now seemed rather furious now, whilst Jung Daesom was just being Jung Daesom. Nothing was said, but people can see that something was going on.

 

Come to think of it, what was that in the library yesterday? 

 

Daesom shifted her gaze away and sighed. Without a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter