Jealous Puppy is Jealous

My Pet

 

I swear, if he closed that door any harder, it would’ve splintered into a billion pieces.

I flinched, right into Yixing’s face and we banged heads.  I rubbed at my now throbbing head and he stared at me. 

“Hey… Min…ki!  That’s Minseok’s little brother, I promised to tutor him in Chinese.”  I was pretty impressed that I could conjure up that bull under pressure like that.

Honey, on the other hand, looked ing pissed. 

“Oh, I’m sorry, I didn’t know you were going to have company.  Sorry, Minki, I’ll leave so you two can work.  Bye, Luhan.”  He pecked me on the cheek once before leaving. 

“Oh!  I didn’t know my name was Minki now, last time I checked my name is Honey.”  The furious dog barked and I sighed.

“Honhon, don’t be mad at me.  You came home early and Yixing is my boyfriend now.”

“Hell no he isn’t!  You’re my owner!  You’re supposed to pay attention to me, not that… thing!  He’s not even cute!”

“Who are you?  My mother?  No.  I’m allowed to date anyone I want.  Plus, Yixing is my childhood friend, he’s known me way longer than you.  I’ve actually liked him for a long time now…”

“You said you weren’t gay.  Were you lying to me because you didn’t want me to hit on you?”

“No!  I honestly didn’t think about it until he came back into my life.  I haven’t seen him in seven years!”  I was getting a little pissed off at his obvious jealousy.  He was being totally irrational.

“So you take him home so you can go and do what?  Have a quickie before I come home?  Is that what was going to happen if I didn’t come in?”

“What does it matter to you?  What are you, jealous?” 

He bit his lip and looked away.

“Yes.  Okay?  I am… I mean… you’re my master and I don’t like it when you bring strangers home and kiss them in front of me.  I know I’m being childish but I can’t help it.  I don’t want to be abandoned by you of all people.”  His eyes began to glaze over and I felt my heart break a little.

I didn’t want Honey to be upset by this.  I wanted all of us to get along.  I outstretched my arms.

“Come here, I’m sorry.  I promise I won’t abandon you.  Yixing won’t come in between us, okay?  I’m sorry if it seemed that way.”   

I guess he’s a lonely kid.  I don’t blame him for overreacting like that.  He slowly made his way over, sat on the couch and slumped over so his forehead was on my shoulder.  I scooted closer to him and s my arms around his midsection. 

“I’m sorry, you’re angry right?  I just yelled at you for no reason.  He’s your boyfriend and I should respect that.  If you want, I’ll move out so you guys can be alone whenever you want.  I know a person who’ll take me in.” 

I grabbed him by the chin and tilted his head up so that I could get my point across.

“You.  Never say that again.  I’m not mad.  Stop bringing Yixing in this.  You’re my pet and he’s my boyfriend.  Can you just let it go and cheer up? Look, your eyes are all red now.  Don’t cry, please, I’m not good with making people feel better.”

“Lulu, I think you’re my favorite person in the whole world.  Nobody has ever been this nice to me, not even my parents.”  He smiles and stared at me for a second.

His gaze then traveled down to the botttom part of my face and I gulped.  He slowly leaned down and I got the idea.  I glared at him before pinching his lips between my fingers.

“No kissing.”  I let go and he pouted.

“Meanie…”

“I heard that.”

“But Lulu!!!” 

“No.”

“Okay… So do you want to watch Love Rain with me tonight?  It’s on demand.”

“Sure, let me go make us some dinner first.  What do you want?”

“Mmmm… whatever you want!”

“Fine, I’m making pasta.”

“Okay~ can I watch?” 

“Sure, it won’t be that interesting, though.”

“It’s fine, I just like being near you.”

“Well aren’t you a ball of sunshine?”

“I try.”  He skipped into the kitchen and sat at the table.

After I was done, we brought the bowls into the living room and watched Love Rain, as promised.  I already watched it before, but I decided it wouldn’t be too bad to watch it again.  Honey finished the food before me, as expected.  

"Go make yourself useful and wash the dishes during the commercial."  

"Ugh, when did people think it was a good idea to put commericals in an on demand show?  What has this world come to?"  He complained, quickly scrubbing the bowls and chopsticks before putting them away.

 After a half an hour Honey curled up into a ball and put his head on my lap.  I petted him and I watched as his eyelids slowly drooped.  It had to be the cutest thing I've ever seen.  The old Honey used to do that, too and it was amazing how much the two had in common.

After the show was over, he was still asleep on my lap and he looked so peaceful that I didn’t want to wake him.  I removed his head from my lap and slung him over my shoulder, almost dropping him because I don’t exactly work out and he was heavy.  I gently placed him on the futon and covered him up.  His nose twitched adorably and I couldn’t resist it.  I just had to smile at his angelic face.

“Nighty night, Honey.”  I kissed his forehead and went to bed.

----

Author’s Note:

Okay.  This was pretty short but at least it didn’t end with a cliffhanger.  I thought it was quite fluffy at the end there.  Now comes all the drama and so get ready.  I’ve decided not to make Layhan have , so yeah.  But, to those Layhan shippers, I will do a little something for you because I luff you guys.  ;D  And don’t worry Hunhan shippers, in a few chapters from now… *wink wink*. Okayz, bye bye.