ing Pet

My Pet

 

                “I’m going to work today.  I won’t be back until four.”

                “What?  But when you found me, you were coming back home at one in the morning!”

                “We were trying to meet a deadline and my editor was sick.”

                “I see, well I have somewhere to go, too.  I won’t be home until six.”

                “Where?”

                “I’m sorry Master, but that’s classified information.” 

                “Fine.  See you later.”  I said as I left.

                “I’ll miss you, Lulu.”  He waved from the couch where he was eating cereal.

                “Okay.” 

                I inferred that the unknown place was the same place he disappeared to the day after I found him.  He has no reason to run away now, so I shouldn’t worry about him when I’m gone.  Right now, I have to focus on the article and I have to finish writing the rough draft so Baekhyun can edit it.

                “Okay everyone, I want everyone to meet our new journalist.  His name is Zhang Yixing, please welcome him with open arms.”  Junmyeon announced as I settled down in my cubicle.

                Zhang Yixing? 

                I felt my stomach flip.  That was the same name of the guy who made me confused with my uality back in China before I moved.  What am I even talking about?  That definitely was him.  I went to confirm it by looking at his face.  He hadn’t changed at all, except now he was about ten times more attractive.  He must’ve just graduated from college if I’m correct. 

                “Hello everyone.”  He greeted with a bow. “I look forward to working with all of… you… whoa, is that you, Luhan?”  His eyes were bulging out of his head for some reason.

                Everyone turned to face me and was probably getting cursed by all the women for getting the attention of the new male employee. 

                “Hello Yixing.”  I pokerfaced, making him confused.

                “You know him?  Great!  Maybe he’ll be nicer to everyone now that his friend is here.”  My boss patted Yixing’s shoulder and went back to his office.

                “Luhan, are you okay?  You’re so… different.”  He started the conversation in Chinese this time, leaning in to study my face.

                “A lot has happened, Yixing.”  I couldn’t meet his eyes and I felt a blush coming on from his close proximity. 

                Could it be I still had feelings for him?  It’s been like… seven years.  I couldn’t believe that I’ve had these feelings hidden for so long.  Even after her and everything else that’s happened.

                “You turned out to be really hot.  I knew I told you that you’d get hotter after puberty, didn’t I?  Haha, I missed you.  How have you been?  How are your parents?”

                “Aha… I’ve been… okay I guess.  My parents moved back to China after I moved out of their house so I haven’t seen them in a while.”

                “Really?  That’s a shame, I wanted to say hi to them because I missed them.  Did Honey go with them?” 

                He remembered Honey… but he doesn’t know that she died.

                “She’s dead… Yixing.  She got hit by a car because of my carelessness.”

                “No way!  You’re kidding, right?  I’m sorry for bringing it up…”

                “Like I would kid about something like that.  Anyway, how have you been?  How’s that girlfriend of yours?”

                “Oh… I broke up with her to move to Korea.”  I stopped typing and stared at him, shocked.

                “But… you loved her!  You’ve been dating her since seventh grade.  How could you give it up like that?”

                That’s right, that’s why I never told him my feelings.  He had that girlfriend…

                “I… I can’t tell you that right now.  Can I come over later?  It’ll be quick, I promise.”  He assured me and I nodded hesitantly, not being able to say no.

                Honey won’t be home for two hours after I get home, right?  I’ll have enough time. 

                After work, Yixing and I were already running late.  It was about five o’clock when we got to my apartment.  Since I spent an hour catching up with him, Junmyeon got mad and made me stay for another half an hour to finish up the article.  Baekhyun was upset at me after that because he had a date with his boyfriend, Chanyeol and I made him late.

                Anyway, I was finally alone with him and I couldn’t have been more nervous.  We were sitting down next to each other on the couch and it was uncomfortable.  My hands were all clammy and and it was gross.  I cleared my throat before speaking first.    

                “Um, s-so what did you want to tell me?”  I stammered and he looked a little nervous.

                “Uh yeah… about that.  So you know how we’re childhood friends and stuff?”  He began and I bobbed my head up and down in agreement.  “Well… after you left and we lost touch, I began having, uh, problems.  Like, identity problems.”

                “Oh, are you gay?”

                “Well… yeah but that’s not all.  I knew you wouldn’t really care if I was or not.”

                “Then what?”

 I had an idea of what he was going to do.  I mean, why else would he be red as a tomato?  He’s obviously going to confess to me.  Then, I’m going to say yes and we’re going to get married and have children, right?  Maybe if he accepts Honey, we can all live together as a happy family!  Ew okay, now I’m getting carried away. 

“Okay, I’m only going to say this once, but… I… love you.  Now, I know it’s weird because I had a girlfriend for a long time.  But I didn’t know how much I truly liked you until you left and I really missed you.  I don’t know how that made me fall in love with you, maybe I always was but I… do you even like me?  I came to Korea partly to find this out.  I even learned Korean and found out what company you worked for.”  He was fiddling with his fingers and I almost laughed at his awkwardness.

“Well that’s a relief, I feel the same way.  I’ve liked you since the winter before ninth grade.  I honestly thought I was just a phase but now that you’re back and I have these… feelings again, I guess I really am gay.”  I shrugged, trying to keep my cool exterior when inside I was freaking out.

Yixing and I had a moment where we just stared into each other’s eyes.  He slowly leaned in and I felt my pulse racing.  I thought I was going to have a heart attack as his lips made contact with mine.  As if on cue, the stupid dog came in.  He was early.

“THE IS GOING ON HERE?” 

----

Author’s Note:

AWWWW SNAP!!! Sehun walked in on them kissing and Luhan is officially gay.  Lol, the poor boy is gonna be sooooo pissed.  You know how jealous he gets...  What will Luhan do?  Will they tell him the truth?  Okay, I don’t ship Layhan but I promise, I won’t let them have the y times unless you want them to… (like Sumire and Mr. Senpai person what’s his name again? did in the drama).  Anyways, don’t kill me >.< I’ll fix them in the next few chapters when Yixing... finds out about them.  Yeah well you can make that tiny spoiler bigger if you want to know what happens.  Well, you all knew it would happen anyway, right?  It’s not that big of a spoiler.  Wub you!!! <3  Oh by the way, Sehun can come in the house whenever he wants because Luhan is dumb enough to leave a spare key in the most classic spot, the doormat.  Congratulations, he’s a genius.  Lol byez.