Honey

My Pet

 

 

He stared at me for a couple seconds, thinking over the proposition.

                “Sure!  As long as I’m allowed to stay with you.”  He grinned and gave me two thumbs up.

                “Fantastic.  So what’s your name?  I need something to call you, right?”  The boy shook his head and I raised an eyebrow.

                “You can name me yourself.  I’m your puppy aren’t I?”

                “Who said you were a puppy?  What if I wanted you to be a cat?”  I teased, and he puffed out his cheeks.

                “No!  I’m not a cat!  I’m a doggy, obviously.”  He whimpered like a dog and I had the urge to pet him.

                 “Honey.”  I blurted out, not knowing a better name for my new pet.

                “Eh?  Hoonie?”  He looked a little taken aback for some reason.

                “No, Huh-nee.”  I slowly pronounced and he nodded.

                “Oh!  You mean like the English word?  Honey, huh… wait!  Isn’t that a girly name?”

                “Ah, ah, ah!  You told me you wanted me to name you so I did.  Deal with it.  It’s just that, you… remind me of a dog I once had.”  I ended up chewing on my bottom lip as I fought back tears.

                Urgh, he saw that.  I thought, looking at his worried expression.

                “Mm, okay!  It’s fine, Master.  Woof, woof!”  He smirked, sitting down like a dog and extending a paw hand.

                I took it and shook it.

                “Good boy.”  I ruffled his hair and he launched himself at me, kissing my cheeks.

                “Yah!  Down, Honey!  Bad!  No kissing.  That’s now the number one rule.”  I shouted, surprised at his random outburst.

                “Aw man!  But, I’m so happy!  Anyways… what’s your name, Master?”  He cocked his head to the side.

                “Luhan.” 

                “Luhan?  Wait, that doesn’t sound Korean.”

                “I’m Chinese.”  I softly chuckled at his confused expression.

                “Uwaa~!  Your Korean is so good!  I’m impressed, Lulu!” 

                “What?  Lulu?  Do I look like I want a nickname?  You’re the one with the nickname, Honey.”

                “Too bad, Lulu.”  He snickered evilly before scurrying back to the television to finish watching the episode that was still on.

                 I sat down beside him and he curled up at my side.  I felt myself brighten up a little now that he was here.  I really missed having a pet to cuddle with.  He was definitely like a puppy.  I felt him poking my arm with his finger after the show ended.

                “Lulu~ I’m hungry!”  He whined and I sighed.  This kid…

                “What do you want, Hon?”  I questioned while getting up from the couch.

                “Fried rice!”  He chirped and frowned.

                “Ugh, so much work.  Fine, just wait there and be a good boy.”  I got out the ingredients and started cooking.

                After a little while, I saw him walk into the kitchen, sniffing the air.  He sat down at the kitchen table and watched me fry the rice, meat and vegetables in a pan.

                “It smells nice.” 

                “Thank you, but I’m pretty sure I told you to wait on the couch.”

                “But Master!  I wanted to watch you cook!” 

                “I don’t like when people watch me work.”  I admitted and just he laughed.

                “But I’m your pet, silly, I can’t judge you.”  

                I realized that he was right, that was what made a pet different than a human.  They never judged you.  They just unconditionally loved you in return for taking care of them.  My gaze softened and I turned back to the food.  I heard him singing something and glanced over my shoulder.

                “Drizzle, drizzle the sound of the rain.  Rub, dub, rub, dub, my trembling heart.”  I heard him singing that one song from Love Rain.  He had a nice, soothing voice.  I closed my eyes for a second, immersing myself in his voice. 

                “LOVE RAIN IS FALLINGGGG~”  He shouted obnoxiously out of nowhere and I jumped, almost burning myself on the hot stovetop.

                “Holy , Honey!  Don’t scare me like that.”  I grabbed my chest and tried to calm my now pounding heart.

                “Sorry, I got carried away.  I just love that song so much!  You know, we met on that rainy day yesterday, right?  It was kinda like Love Rain except you didn’t have an umbrella and I wasn’t conscious.” 

                I nodded as I shut the burner off and poured the rice into two bowls. 

                “Here.  Eat up so you can go take a bath, you probably haven’t bathed in quite a few days, right?” 

                “Hmm, I think it’s been about a… month?”

                I coughed as some rice got lodged in my throat. 

                “Ah!  Master!  Are you okay?”  He panicked and I put a hand up.

                “I’m… fine.  Just eat.”  I managed to get out between coughs.

                “Okay!  The food is sooo good, by the way!” 

                After he was done, I washed the dishes and filled up the bath for him. 

                “You’ll help me bathe, right?”  He asked testing the water with his hand.

                “No!  You can bathe yourself, can’t you?” 

                “I don’t know, I’m a dog… It’ll probably end badly…” He gave me a oo lip and I rolled my eyes.

                “Fine, but behave.”  I crossed my arms. 

                I averted my eyes as he took his clothes off.  I didn’t want to see the younger boy . 

                How old is he, anyway?  Would this be considered child slavery or ia or something?

                “Luhan, help me wash my hair!” He hung over the edge of the bath, exposing his upper body and I covered my eyes.  His eyebrows furrowed.  “Aren’t we both men here?  Why do you have to cover your eyes?  Am I… ugly?”  He gasped dramatically before submerging himself in the water.

                “Yah!  Stop fooling around you hooligan.  You’re not ugly.  I just don’t feel comfortable looking at my pet .”  I grabbed the shampoo and lathered his head with it when it came back up for air. 

                “So Lulu, how old are you?” 

                “I’m twenty-three, and you?”

                “I’m nineteen, you old hag.”  He burst out into laughter and I whacked his head with a soapy hand.

                “I’m not old!  I just got out of college last year.”  I mumbled, annoyed with his rudeness.

                “I got out of high school last year, so ha!”  He announced proudly and I rolled my eyes.

                “Whatever, I’m older than you and I’m also your master so respect me.” 

                “Sorry, Master.” 

                “That’s better.”  I rinsed his hair and rubbed the conditioner in. 

                “Mm, that feels nice.”  He murmured as I massaged his scalp.

                I rinsed his hair off again and he whipped his hair back and forth, spraying me with water.

                “Why did you do that?!”  I stood up and wiped my now wet face with my sleeve.

                “You got some water in my eye!”  He groaned and stood up, exposing his to me.

                Good God.

                I turned around immediately, making my back face him.  I passed him pajamas, and he put them on after drying himself off.

                “Haha, these are cute pajama pants.”  I turned around to see him gawking at the doggy-patterned pants. 

                “Okay, well I’m off from work tomorrow so we can buy you some new clothes.  Is that alright?” 

                “Yeah, I don’t need to go anywhere either.” 

                “Where were you today?”

                “I was… exploring the city!  Dogs have to get some fresh air, right?” 

                “Right… I’m going to bed now, good night.”  I waved before retreating to my bedroom. 

                As I lay down in my bed, I felt the bed dip as Honey joined me.  He tried to snuggle into my chest but I flicked on the light and glared at him. 

                “What.  Are.  You.  Doing?”  I sat up and glowered at him.

                “I’m sleeping with you, of course!”

                “Oh, no you’re not.”  I got out of bed and pulled out the spare futon. 

                I laid it down on the other side of my room. 

                “This,” I gestured to the futon, “Is your bed.  Now don’t sneak into my bed in the middle of the night or… no special breakfast tomorrow!”

                “S-Special breakfast?!  Okay!  Good night, Lulu!”  He snuck a chaste kiss onto my cheek, earning a slap on the arm from me.

                “Good night.”   

                -----

                Author’s Note:

                Woo!  So Sehun or Honey is now Luhan’s puppy!  Sehun is a bit touchy and a troll, right?  My dog is the same way.  XD Luhan doesn’t like skinship or bad doggies sleeping in his bed.  You’ll find out why Sehun didn’t tell him his name later on.  I know, it’s really dialogue-y, too.  They were getting to know each other, though!  Until next time, I love you guys!  Bye bye!