The Last Night Together

My Pet

 

                As soon as I woke up, my head ached, no, throbbed.  Pounded?  Okay, I felt like .  I had a giant migraine and my balls were sore for some reason.

                , I got drunk again.

                I forgot that I was a lightweight.   I felt no warmth next to me and sighed.

                Something definitely happened.

                I then realized that I was wrapped up like a burrito and I couldn’t move.  I rolled around and finally got free.

                “Sehun-ah?”

                “L-Luhan?”  I saw his head pop in, his hands clutching the door for dear life.

                “What’s wrong?”

                “You’re really scary when you’re drunk.”  His voice was laced with fear and I instantly felt bad.

                “What did I do this time?”  I cautiously questioned him, hoping it wasn’t too bad.

                “I don’t want to talk about it.”  He closed the door and I heard him run into the family room.

                I followed him out and saw him hiding under his futon’s blankets. 

                “Sehunnie, don’t be like this.  I won’t do anything to you.  Just tell me what’s wrong.”

                “Don’t… your, um, I mean doesn’t something in the lower region of your body hurt?  Or something, I mean I wouldn’t know.” 

                “Oh I was wondering why my balls ached.  Is that because of you?  Did I really do something that bad?”

                “You were forcing me to… do stuff with you.”  He mumbled the last part and I barely understood it.

                “Aw, I’m sorry.  Come here, I promise not to get drunk anymore.  I’m sorry for not warning you.  It seems I’ve gotten worse.”

                He didn’t budge so I sat down next to the futon and leaned my head on the lump in the covers.  I felt him shift under me so that his head was poking out.  I hugged him to my chest and he hesitantly hugged back.

                “You promise you aren’t tricking me this time?”

                “Why?  Did I try to do it more than once?”

                “No, but you’re really strong.  You tricked me the first time by falling on your face and then pinning me to the ground and trying to touch me inappropriately.  I almost went through with it, too.” 

                “Oh my God, are you serious?  Come on, I’ll make it up to you.  What would you like?  I’ll do anything.”

                “Mm, nothing, just promise not to ever drink again, okay?   I was really afraid of you, you know?  I had to basically roll you up in the blankets so that you wouldn’t try to do anything.”  He chuckled a bit and I was glad he was finally over it.

                A couple days later, it was April 15th, the day before Sehun leaves.  I was going crazy as he packed all of his clothes into his suitcase.  I’m basically on the verge of tears at the moment.  Every time he puts something in his bag, my heart breaks a little more.  I wondered if he really would miss me, because I don’t want to be apart from him.  Just thinking about it makes me uneasy.  I’ve been living with him for so long that I don’t really know what would happen if he was gone for more than a day.  Now it’ll be a month without him and I’m not ready.  I hope that Junmyeon really does let me leave earlier but there’s no telling when it comes to him.  I was sitting on the bed, watching the love of my life prepare to leave me and I could only watch.  I didn’t want to cry because that would be unmanly of me.  I didn’t want him to see me cry anymore.  I didn’t want to burden him anymore since I want him to leave without regrets.  He should have fun while he’s young and he doesn’t need an old man like me to tell him how to live his life.

                “Lulu, stop making that face.  It’s so sad.”  Said boy was now staring at me and I faked a grin.

                “Don’t worry, I’m fine.  I was just thinking about something.”

                “What?” 

                So damn persistent.

                “How much I love you.”

                “Oh so you make sad faces when you think about your love for me?  Gee, thanks.”

                “Fine, I was just thinking about how much I’ll miss you when you leave.”

                “Come on, you’ll be over by the middle of May.  It’s less than a month.”

                Maybe to you.

                I was beginning to think that he wasn’t as affected by this as I was and it made me upset.

                Does he even love me?

                I just stayed silent and it got awkward quickly.  I got up and went to the bathroom, unable to take it anymore.  As I shut the door quietly I just sunk to my knees.  The reality hit me in the face.  He was leaving tomorrow and he didn’t even care.  He wants to leave me.  He isn’t hesitating at all.  Maybe he doesn’t trust me anymore after I got drunk and violated him.  Maybe he just is losing interest.

                I knew it was impossible to think that he actually loved me.

                I sat there on the floor, knees up to my chin and arms wrapped around my legs.  I silently cried into my thighs, trying not to be too loud.  Not that he could hear me anyway because he was probably too caught up in packing.  Is this the way it’s going to be?  Am I going to just cry every night?  Does he even want me to join him in America?  I don’t know what he wants anymore.  When was the last time he said he loved me?  My insecurities weren’t helping me at the moment as more things became apparent.  I think my depression and anxiety are coming back full force.  I don’t think I can handle not having him home with me.  I need help.

                The thoughts swirled around in my head in a tornado.  My head started to ache again and my eyes stung with fresh tears.  Suddenly it all stopped when I heard a soft knock on the door.

                “Lulu, are you okay in there?”

                I nodded but then realized that he can’t see me.

                “Mhm.”  I grunted, trying not to make my sadness apparently but who was I kidding?  I’m horrible at hiding my emotions when they come out.

                “Open up, I know you’re not okay.”

                “No!  Just leave me alone, go to America and leave me alone.  I can’t look at you right now.”

                “What’s wrong with you?  Luhan, stop it.  I want to see you, I’m sorry for making it seem like I didn’t care.  You don’t understand, I just acted like that so you wouldn’t see how upset I am.”  His voice cracked a bit at that last part and I flinched.

                Slowly getting up, I opened the door and saw that he was tearing up.  He just pressed his lips against mine and I got what he meant.  He was just as desperate for my touch as I was for his.  He wanted to stay as much as I wanted him to.  But he needs this, he needs to study so he can make a name for himself.  There’s so many things he can do at his age but he needs a start.  I felt better instantly as our lips moved in sync, gently caressing each other in one fluid motion after another.   I was going to miss this this most.  I was going to yearn for those lips the whole time he’s gone.  I was going to miss his gentle hugs and the way he looked when he slept. 

                I reached up to cup his face and he put his hands on my shoulders for a second before he just pulled me in for a death grip.  I felt our tears mixing together as we mourned in the quiet of the night.  We mourned the fact that we wouldn’t be able to have these moments until we met again.  Sure there would be the phone and video chatting but it’s not the same.  It is never the same.  I wonder how people do long distance relationships.  It must be so painful to be able to see and hear someone but not be able to touch them.  

                “I love you, Lulu.  I know we won’t be together for a little bit but I love you, okay?  Don’t ever question that.  I-I’m not ready to go either but I have to.  I’m not confident in my English speaking skills and I’m scared of American boys.  I don’t know how to convert dollars to wons and I don’t know Fahrenheit to Celsius and I definitely don’t know their measuring system.  I’m totally lost and I don’t know what to do.  Please just don’t leave me for the rest of the night.  Come on, help me pack.”  He was sniveling and his eyes were red rimmed.

                “I’m sorry, I was just worried.  I thought you wanted to leave me.  I can’t help but think it.  I’ll try not to again.  I love you, too.”  He held my hand and I rested my head on his broad shoulder, savoring the feelings that filled my insides when he was next to me.

                “Do you promise to video call me every night?”  He asked as he packed the rest of his things.

                “Yes, I don’t think I could go to sleep without seeing your face.  Even if it’s through a computer screen.”

                “Just checking.” 

                I kissed him again.  I had to kiss him as much as possible before he left because I needed it to get by.

                “Promise that we’ll make up all the lost time when we’re together again.”

                “Of course, oh I have a birthday present for you.  I have to give it to you now before I forget and it’s too late.”

                “You really didn’t have to…”  I was happy that he remembered but I didn’t think I deserved a present.

                “Close your eyes and hold out your hands.”  I nodded and did what he said.

                He presented me with a small box.  Well, that’s what it felt like.

                “Open…”  I saw that it was indeed a small box and was eager to see what was inside.

                It was two rings.

                “Wha- where did you get this money?”

                “Minseok and Jongdae gave me some and then Tao and Kris gave me more.  Apparently both couples wanted me to buy you something special.”

                “Well, this is special.”

                “They’re promise rings, and I promise to love you, no matter what happens when we’re apart.  Look inside.”

                I did and engraved in it was Hunhan.

                Hunhan?

                “Hunhan is the couple name I made up for us.”  He basically read my mind.

                “Oh, I see.  Wait why does your name get to go first?”  I joked.

                “Because, it sounded better than Hanhun.  Don’t worry, I consider you manlier than me, especially after that one night.”  He shuddered at the memory and I frowned.

                “Don’t talk about it, I don’t even remember it.”

                “I know, but if you were sober maybe…”

                “I wouldn’t be that daring if I were sober.”

                “You said I looked ier when you were drunk.  Am I not y?”

                “You aren’t, you’re handsome.”

                “Really?  Everyone else calls me “cute” or “adorable” or something like that.”

                “No, you are cute too but you’re mostly handsome.”

                “I like being called handsome.”

                “Good, well when is your flight?”

                “Mm, seven o’ clock in the morning.”

                “What!?  I thought you were leaving later.  , you’re lucky I’m staring work at ten tomorrow.”

                “I’m sorry, but it’s like yesterday in America, plus it’s going to be a long flight so I might as well leave early.”

                “God, I’m going to miss you so much.”

                “At least you have everyone else with you.  I’m going to be with a bunch of Americans who I don’t even know.  I bet there won’t be any Koreans there.”

                “Probably not but you’re good at English so you’ll be fine.”

                “I hope… I’ve really been working on my L’s.”

                “You sound fine.”

                “Okay… let’s go to sleep now.”  He walked towards the bed and jumped on, lying on his side.

                I joined him and he snuggled up against my chest for the last time.  This is the last time for a month.

                Yep, totally not ready for him to leave.

                -------

Author’s Note:

I’m not ready either tbh.  I just want to skip over the month that they’re separated but big things will happen in that time period so I can’t.  Oh shnap is that a spoiler?  Oh gawd.  Well hey heres an update guys!  You got lucky!!! I love you so I typed it up as soon as I got in the hotel.  WIFI ROCKSSS!!! Well goodnight!  I’ll try to update tomorrow too!  Love youuuus~ lol.