Surprise Visit

My Pet

 

Three more days passed us by. 

                “Hello!”  Mrs. Nam greeted.

                “Hello!”  The class echoed.

                I saw her staring at Sehun and then she winked at him.  My jaw dropped open in shock.

                Isn’t this married?  What’s with these damn women and Seh-

                “We have a visitor with us today.  Everybody meet Kris Wu.

                Kris?  Wait a minute.

                KRIS?!

                I saw the tall blonde-haired boy strolling into class.  Before the door closed, I saw a flash of black and figured that was Tao with him.

                The hell?  What were they doing here?
               
Hello, uh, class.  My name is Kris and it’s nice to meet you.”  He bowed to us.

                “Hi Kris!”  Sehun waved or rather whipped his hand back and forth like a maniac.

                “Sehun!  Thank you for telling me to come here.”  He switched to Korean and I was amazed at his fluency.

                “Whoa, hyung!  Your Korean is getting really good.”  Sehun complimented him, probably pumping up his already giant, ego-filled head.

                “Oh stop.  Alright, I know, I’m awesome.”  He laughed and the teacher cleared .

                “Anyway, Kris is going to help teach some slang and texting abbreviations.  I’m pretty bad at those types of things since my slang is out of date.  Go ahead, Kris.”

                “Alright class, my Korean isn’t too good since I’m Chinese but I’ll try my best.  The first thing you’ll hear a lot is ya’ll.  It is short for you all.  Another one is yo waddup which means hello what’s up it’s another way to ask someone what they are doing…”

                He droned on and on, writing all the slang terms on the board and I lazily doodled on my notebook after jotting down each word not wanting to listen to him.   What I really wanted to know is why he was here.  I had to wait to cause a scene, though, because we were in the middle of class and I didn’t want to disrupt it.  Sehun has some explaining to do.

                “So lol means to laugh out loud, so if you think something is funny, you just write lol.  But, don’t say it in normal speech unless you want people to think you’re crazy.”

                Everyone laughed except me, I kept glancing at the unmoving clock.  It was as if it were frozen. 

                Wait.

                It was frozen.  I was looking at the broken clock the whole time.  Then, I got the bright idea to check my phone discreetly.

                “Yo, Mista Lu!  Put yo phone away before I whoop yo .  See that was how to speak while applying both slang and curses.  means or a donkey, whoop means to beat.  So I said, ‘hey Mr. Lu!  Put your phone away before I beat your ’.

                “Ohhh.”  Everyone looked at me and nodded.

                Sehun raised his hand after I shoved my phone back in my pocket, embarrassed because of the attention I was getting.

                “Yes, Mr. Oh?

                “So, do people stereotype us Asians?  Since I’m going to America, I don’t want to be bullied.”

                “Ah, good question.  Yes, some Americans have actually bullied me before, calling me yellow or telling me to teach them math or even saying ‘ching chong’ to me.  While it is hurtful, it happens, especially in school and online.”

                “I’m still worried, Mr. Wu, don’t they make fun of Asian’s slanted eyes, too?”  Another person piped up.

                “Sometimes, but as I said, not many Americans are like this, only the racist or ignorant.”

                “Wait, in the United States of America or all of North America.”  Someone else chimed in.

                “I’m talking about North America in a whole.  I lived in Canada and have visited America quite a few times since they’re so close.  Aish, but guys don’t worry, Americans are generally nice people if you talk to the right ones.  Just don’t approach a shady looking person in an alley or you’ll probably get mugged.  The cities can be very scary, especially at night.  Okay, I’m not here to talk about stereotyping and getting mugged because I highly doubt you’ll experience either of them.  I also doubt people will come up to you and start making fun of you unless they’re a bunch of drunken kids with no manners.”

                Everybody simultaneously nodded, signaling him to go on.

                “While I’m here, I’ll teach you some mannerisms.  First is the high five and fist bump.  I’ll demonstrate on my buddy Luhan here.”  He smirked and bent over my desk, holding his hand up.

                “Now, when someone has their hand up, they want a high five like this.  Help me out, Luhannie.”  I rolled my eyes and clapped our hands together.  “And fist bump is when you hold your fist out and the other one bumps their fist against yours.”  We demonstrated again. 

                Then he went on to talk about using hand gestures.

“Oh and don’t bow, shake their hand.  If they hold out their hand, you should shake it.”

After he was done shoving all that information down our throats, Mrs. Nam finally took control again.

Well, that’s all for today, class.  Have a nice evening.  Thank you for helping us Mr. Wu.

Ah, it was my pleasure.  I wanted to see Sehun and Luhan again, too.

As soon as we left the classroom, Tao was there leaning up against the wall.  He flung himself at me, clinging to me like a baby panda.  Kris had to aid in ripping him off of me, as if he were some kind of parasite that refused to come off.  After we successfully detached him from me, Sehun struck up a conversation with him to distract him.  At that time, I turned to Kris to ask him the question I’ve wanted to ask all night.

“Yeah so, Kris, why are you in Korea?  And why are you suddenly so fluent in Korean?”  I asked in Chinese, not wanting Sehun to eavesdrop.

“Actually, I’ve known Korean for a while and have been taking lessons since high school, remember?  When I first met Sehun, I pretended not to know because I was intimidated because there was still I didn’t know.  After you guys left China, Tao and I started taking more Korean lessons and then Sehun called us a week or two ago and told us to come see you guys before you leave for America.  He mentioned that you were planning on taking English lessons so we made arrangements to surprise you by being a guest speaker.  Mrs. Nam was really nice about it, too.” 

“Aish, that boy.  Were you the one who he was-?  Never mind.  Well it’s nice to see you, where are you staying?” 

I’ll ask him later.

“In a hotel not too far from your apartment.  Sehun wants us to go on a double date tomorrow.”

“God damn him!  He just loves his double dates, doesn’t he?”  I grumbled, crossing my arms.

“I actually told him that he could just go on dates with you alone but he like begged me.  He said that he learns a lot from watching other couples interact.  Ah, but don’t tell him I told you all this.”  He glanced sideways at my boyfriend who was talking to Tao about a Gucci store in New York or something.            

“Oh so where is Sehun studying in America?”

“At AMDA in New York.”  I exhaled loudly.  I really wasn’t ready to let him leave me.  It was only a week away.

“Don’t worry, you’ll be with him soon.  He’s smart, I’m sure he’ll do fine on his own for a month.  Just enjoy the time you have with him right now.”  Kris patted me on the shoulder.

“Thanks, Kris, but I’m still going to be lonely.”

“That’s why Tao and I are here actually well other than the fact that Sehun asked us to come.  We’re thinking about moving to Korea.”

----

Author’s Note: 

Weeeee Taoris is in Korea!!!  I wanted to incorporate all of the pairings before Sehun and Luhan leave for America.  I swear, Sehun really likes double dates.  This is the third one, who’s next, Baekyeol?  Then, Sulay?  Lol not Sulay, Junmyeon has something against Luhan and I’m pretty sure Yixing will feel awkward.  What am I saying?  That whole date would be full of awkward.  Yeah so…. No SulayxHunhan double date.  I swear guys, this is the last double date. >.> Sehun promises not to himself any longer.  Ahhh I can’t wait until they go on Luhan’s extra special date that they’ll have on Sehun’s birthday!! Well until next update guys.  Love you.