English Lesson

My Pet

 

                “Luhan, are you ready to go to our first English class?”  Sehun was sitting on the bed, surfing the internet on our laptop.

                It’s been a week since the disastrous date with Jongin and Kyungsoo.  For the days following, we’ve gone to different landmarks around Seoul.  The Namsan Tower was pretty scary since it was too high for my taste but Sehun assured me that I would be okay if I didn’t look out the window. 

                He still hasn’t told me who the person he was talking to is.  He keeps telling me ‘I’ll tell you soon’ but I can’t wait anymore. 

                The lessons were being held in the recreation center.  We would be in a class with a bunch of other people and I wondered how much we could learn in ten days. 

                (A/N: Just in case you get confused, I’ll make it bolded when they’re speaking English, okay?)

                “Hello class!”  Our teacher greeted in English.

                “Hi!”  I heard Sehun shout back from next to me.

                “Ah!  You have good pronunciation, I like you.”  She pointed to Sehun and he seemed to understand what she was saying even though I didn’t.

                “Thank you, I have been practicing very much.”  I stared at him in awe because he knew stuff that I haven’t learned since middle school.

                “Mm, I think saying ‘a lot’ would be better than ‘very much’.”  He nodded for some reason.

                “Okay, thank you, teacher.”  He bowed to her and she turned around to write something on the board.

                Aish, I’m so lost already.  I have a lot to learn.

                “Alright class,” She started speaking in Korean and I was relieved, “My name is Mrs. Nam and I actually grew up in America.  I know Korean because my parents are from Korea.  I think the English language is very hard to non-native English speakers.  Actually, even native English speakers don’t speak their own language correctly.  So I think having a teacher that knows both languages fluently should be easier than just having an only English speaker or heavily accented Korean teach you.  Let’s have fun, okay?”

                “Okay!”  Everyone cheered and she smiled.

                “First, we’re going to learn the alphabet.  You have to know all the different sounds before speaking the language because even if you know the language fluently, accents still cause confusion.  Does anybody already know the alphabet?”

                “Ooo!  I do!”  Sehun was the only one who raised his hand.

                “What’s your name?” 

                “My name is Oh Sehun.

                “Nice to meet you, now please tell me the first three letters of the alphabet.

                “A, B, Shi.

                “Now, I’m doing them in segments so we can make sure we all know how to pronounce everything correctly.  Now, can anybody find anything wrong with Sehun’s C?”

                I knew the answer to this and raised my hand.

                “Um, Sehun, said ‘shi’ not C.

                “Good, and what is your name?

                “I am Luhan.”  I smirked at Sehun and he stuck his tongue out at me.

                Sehun was good with the first half of the alphabet, until we got to L.

                “J, K, Err.

                “Ah, I was hoping you’d say that.  Now in America, they have L and R.  Usually in Korea, we’re used to saying our L’s as a sound between L and R.  We’re going to work on that right now.”

                She spent the rest of class making sure all of us knew how to pronounce L.  We didn’t even get to the rest of the alphabet.  A lot of people had trouble but I couldn’t blame them.  I was okay when it came to L’s, though.

                “Wow, I’m very impressed guys, I’ll see you tomorrow, okay?  Have a nice night!

                “Bye teacher!”  Everyone said as they got up from their desks.

                “Wasn’t that fun, Sehunnie?”  I asked when we were walking out.

                “Yeah but you have better pronunciation than me, I’m jealous.” 

                “You’re jealous?  You were saying stuff that I didn’t even understand.”

                “Well we can help each other out, okay?” 

                “Of course.”

                “So, where are we going for our date tonight?” 

                “That was our date!”  He pointed to the now empty classroom.

                “W-what?!”  I wasn’t happy with the fact that our date was in a classroom.

                “I’m just kidding, Lulu, I wanted to see your reaction.  We’re going to dinner.”

                “Oh right, we haven’t gone to a restaurant yet, have we?  Where do you want to go?”

                “Whichever one you like the best.”

                “Hey I said you could choose, though.”

                “I want to go to your favorite restaurant!”  He whined, tugging on my sleeve and hopping like a rabbit.

                “Stop jumping, you’re going to yank my arm out of it’s socket.  Fine, let’s go to the one next to our apartment complex.” 

                “Oh the ramyun shop?  That’s not fancy at all.”

                “Does it have to be?  I really like their ramyun.”

                “Nah, I guess if I’m with you then it doesn’t matter.” 

                When we arrived, we sat down at stools and ordered our food.  I got ramyun with seafood and Sehun got some kind of spicy looking ramyun.

                “Here, try it!  It’s really good.”  He held up some noodles and I hesitantly took a bite.

                “Ow, my mouth, why do you like it so hot?”  I downed my water but it still burnt.

                “Sorry, I like spicy food.”  He shrugged.

                “It’s okay.”  I plucked a shrimp out of the broth and it was delicious.  “Here, taste mine instead.  The seafood tastes really good and it’s well cooked.”

                I fed some to him and he grinned.

                “It is good, I wish you enjoyed my ramyun, though.”

                “It was good but I would’ve enjoyed it more if it didn’t set my tongue on fire.”

                We left a little while later after paying and our home was only a block away which was convenient.

                “So, Hoonie, when I move to America to join you, are you still going to stay in the dorms?”  I was a little worried he’s say yes because I didn’t trust those American boys.

                I heard they liked to party and drink and have lots of drunken .

                “Mm, I’ll move in with you, of course.  Don’t worry, though. I’ll study my off instead of partying.”

                How did he know what I was thinking?
               
“Don’t cheat on me either, alright?  If you’re going to cheat on me then warn me so I don’t waste my time following you to a foreign country.”

                “I’m hurt!  I can’t believe you would say that.”  He huffed, his bottom lip quivering.

                “It’s not that I don’t trust you, I just don’t trust those damn American boys.”

                “I’m sure what you heard is just an exaggeration.  You’ve watched too many soap operas.” 

                “No!  Kris told me that college boys like to party and have lots of .”

                “With girls, right?”

                “Hey, I’m sure some would experiment with a pretty, innocent Asian boy like you.”

                “Don’t worry, I won’t bother with those peasants.”  He scoffed with his nose up in the air, waving the air in front of him with an invisible fan.

                “See, this is why I love you.”  I hugged him and he tried to lean in for a kiss.

                “Ah!  No kisses for you until I find out who you were talking to that one day.”

                “Ugh, your impatience really pisses me off sometimes.”  He stomped into the building, leaving me behind.

                 Aish, that boy is so easily angered.

--------

Author’s Note:

So I decided to just skippity skip some dates.  The ramyun one was pretty short but come on, if I wrote out each date in explicit detail, it’d get kind of repetitive.  Luhan’s ing himself… again.  Okay well yeah… English lessons.  I’m no English teacher but if I were… lol I still wouldn’t be.  I would hate being a teacher because kids can be so mean.  Maybe I’d be that cool teacher that everyone loves… yeah I think that’d work.  See you tomorrow when I update my lovelies!  :3