Date of Failure

My Pet

 

  “Nobody.” 

                “What the hell?  You can’t say that.  Why are you lying to me?  I’ll kiss you if you tell me.”

                “I’m sorry, I really can’t tell you right now.”

                “Fine then I’m not going to kiss you.”  I puffed out my cheeks and turned away from him.

                “Lulu… why are you being like this?  Lulu?  Luhan!  Oppa~”  He whimpered at the lack of response, prodding me with his hand.

                “I’m going back to sleep.  Don’t call me Oppa, you’re not a girl.”  I grumbled into the pillow.

                “Well, we’re going on a date earlier today since you’re off today.”  He snuggled up to my back and laid his head against my shoulder blades.

                “You’re mean, why won’t you tell me who you were talking?   I really want to know.”  I shifted so I faced him.

                “You’re so nosy, gosh.  It’s a secret.” 

                I let out a groan of frustration.  I was too curious for my own good.  I had to know everything that was going on and got annoyed when I wasn’t told.

                “Fine.  No kisses.  Remember that.”

                “But-”

                “Nope, that’s what you get.”  I rolled out of bed to get ready for the day.

                We arrived at the movies for our third date but we didn’t go in at first. 

                “Why are we standing here?”

                “You’ll see.”  He smiled and started waving crazily as two people came into view.

                “Oh hyung!  Hi!”  Kyungsoo bowed and Jongin just glared at me, as usual.

                “Oh, big e- er Kyungsoo and Jongin.”  I bowed back.

                “You know each other?”  Sehun’s mouth was wide open and he looked like a fish gasping for air.

                “Yeah, we met at your performance.  They were m-”  I was silenced by Jongin kicking me in the calf and I gritted my teeth from the pain.

                “Oh, I didn’t know that!  Well, let’s go.  What are we seeing again, Kyungsoo?”  Sehun latched onto his friend’s arm and I immediately didn’t like it.

                I felt like I was being watched so I looked to my left and saw that Jongin was basically obliterating me with his eyes.  I wondered why he looked so pissed at me all the time.  The other two boys were skipping together, ordering tickets without a care in the world.  The tan boy slowly stalked up to me, his eyes threatening.

                “You, I don’t like you.  You’re not right for Sehun.  Just because I have a boyfriend doesn’t mean I’m not protective over my ex.”  He hissed, stomping on my foot and dashing away like a coward.

                I stood there, mouth agape until Sehun had to literally drag me into the concession area. 

                “Lulu?  Earth to Lulu!”  My lover waved his hand in front of my face and I flinched back a little. 

                “Yeah?”

                “Why aren’t you moving?  I said that we were going to watch the movie now.”  He frowned at my lack of attention.

                “Oh okay, what are we seeing?”  I asked.

                “Kyungsoo wanted to see this American movie called the Exorcist.  Plus, I thought it would help us with our English since it has subtitles.” 

                I nodded and we headed to the theatre.

                Jongin and Kyungsoo were already seated all the way in the back corner.  Sehun made me sit next to the stupid tan prick and then he sat next to me.  I could’ve sworn I saw the smug bastard next to me smirk. 

                The movie was so stupid I started laughing at the “scary” parts.  Kyungsoo was shuddering, burying his head in Jongins chest and Sehun just held my hand.  I knew he was scared but he didn’t want to tell me.  I just his hair a bit then wrapped my arm around his shoulders.  Suddenly I felt a pinch on my other arm from Jongin.

                “No.” He mouthed to me but I stuck my tongue out at him.

                “ you.” I mouthed back and he was fuming.

                When I looked back at the movie, I felt cold liquid being poured onto my lap and groaned.

                So immature, what the hell is his problem with me?

                “You.  We need to talk.”  I tried to keep calm but it took every ounce of my will not to punch the in his stupid face.

                “I don’t want to talk to you, I hate you.”

                “Yeah and I want to know why.”

                “Stop touching my Sehun.”

                “Yah!  Kim Jongin!  Have you forgotten that I’m your boyfriend now?”  Kyungsoo cut in, standing up and slapping him in the face.  “ you, I-I’m leaving.  I get it now.”  He sniffled and ran out of the theatre.

                “What just happened?!”  Sehun turned his attention to us finally, staring at the fleeing Kyungsoo.  “God damn it, Jongin, again?  I’ll be back.”  He followed his best friend.

                “What is your problem?  Why would you date that boy if you love my boyfriend?”  I asked as soon as Sehun disappeared from my sight.

                “He’s not your boyfriend, he’s just grateful to you for taking care of him.  Sehun hasn’t realized that he still loves me, yet.”

                “You almost him and I’m not surprised that he broke up with an immature prick like you.”

                “?  That’s a pretty strong word, I didn’t him.  I was trying to convince him to do it with me.” 

                “So you thought forcing him was going to help?  You deserve to die alone if you don’t get your act together soon.  If you don’t love someone, don’t lead them on.  You’re not only hurting Kyungsoo now but you’re hurting Sehun, too.  I hope you’re happy.”  I got up and left to tend to my wet crotch.

                “Sehun-ah,” I heard Kyungsoo sobbing from the bathroom, “I had s- with him and he doesn’t even love me.  I can’t just break up with him, though, I love him too much.” 

                “You did what!?  I told you not to!  He didn’t even say he loved you afterwards, did he?”

                “N-no, you were right.  I’m s-sorry.” 

                I made my presence known.

                “Kyungsoo, he’s not good enough for you.  Not until he gets his act together.”  I grabbed paper towels to dab at my soaked pants.

                “Did he do that to you!?  Aish, this is all my fault!  Here let me help.”  Sehun bent down, trying to help me but I just grabbed his hands before he could.

                “I think you need to talk to him, Sehun.  He won’t get it through his head unless you tell him off.  I’ll stay with Kyungsoo.” 

                He glanced at Kyungsoo then back at me.

                “I understand, wait for me here.”  He left and I walked up to the sniveling, puffy-eyed boy.

                “Don’t cry, okay?  I know what you’re going through.”  I patted his back, remembering my ex-girlfriend.

                “R-really?  What happened?”

                “See, I really loved this girl but she just used me for , too.  She cheated on me and then got pregnant with the guy’s kid.”  I patted his back and he looked up at me.

                “My situation is nothing compared to yours.  I shouldn’t be crying, I’m sorry for being a baby.”

                “No, don’t say that.  Jongin has hurt you, but you don’t have to let him.  You have to stop being so spineless and let him know that you won’t put up with his bull.”

                “But I love him.”

                “So you’re willing to suffer because you love him?” 

                “He’s my best friend, too and he wasn’t always like this.  I always have faith that one day he’ll change back.”

                “What happened to him?”

                “I don’t know, it was a gradual change.  When we first met Sehun, Jongin was immediately smitten with him.  He started to get really jealous because Sehun was always around girls and even had a girlfriend.  Then, he started talking to Sehun and we made friends with him.  After Sehun and his girlfriend broke up, he went out with Jongin immediately.  They were inseparable until that… incident happened, then they broke up.  After that, Jongin got even more desperate and bitter.  Sehun made him go out with me but Jongin just used me as his stress doll.  When we did it, he called out Sehun’s name instead.  Sometimes I wish he would either break up with me or realize that he really loves me, because I don’t have the heart to let him go.  It’s my only chance to be with him, even if it’s only like this, I’m happier than I was before.” 

                He burst into tears again and I really felt bad for him.  He was in that kind of relationship.  Too bad to stay, too good to leave.  Kyungsoo would make such an amazing boyfriend for someone who deserved him. 

                “It’ll be okay, he’ll come around.  Sehun will fix it, okay?”  I really hoped that it would turn out that way.

                “L-Luhan, I always thought you were a cold person but you’re actually really sweet.”  He got out between weeps I just embraced him, not wanting him to talk anymore.

                “How old are you, Kyungsoo?”

                “T-twenty.”

                “You’re too young to be suffering like this.  You should be studying, not worrying about relationships.”

                “I know, I actually have a test tomorrow but I chose to come here with you guys instead of studying.”

                “What college do you go to?”

                “Seoul Institute of the Arts.”

                “Does Jongin go there, too?”

                “Yeah, he’s my roommate.”

                “Oh I see, well that’s a problem.  Maybe you should start by distancing yourself from him.”

                “I’ll try, thank you, Luhan.”

                A couple seconds later, Sehun entered the bathroom with an upset Jongin.  I saw a couple streaks of tears running down his face.  My boyfriend looked positively furious and shoved his ex right into Kyungsoo. 

                “I’m getting real tired of your , Jongin.  I hope I taught you a lesson.  Remember that next time you even think about hurting Kyungsoo.”  He grabbed my wrist harshly and we left.

                As soon as we got outside, Sehun let go.

                “I’m sorry, Lulu.  I should’ve known that Jongin would act up.  I’m so, so, so sorry.  Please forgive me.”  He got down on his knees to bow but I started to panic and pulled him back up.

                “What are you doing?  It isn’t your fault, you friend can’t control himself.  He looked pretty depressed when you brought him into the bathroom, though.  What did you tell him?”

                “Oh, I just reminded him of all the things he’s done to Kyungsoo and some other things and he had some kind of epiphany and started crying.  I think I finally got through to him.  He really isn’t a bad person.  He just has problems that he needs to work out.  I think Kyungsoo can heal him, though, because Kyungsoo knows the real Jongin and I don’t.”

                “I see, well I’m glad he has a friend like you.”  I grinned and tousled his hair.

                “You weren’t mad or jealous at all, though?  He kept saying how I was his and he even spilled soda on you.”

                “He’s your friend so I held back my strong urge to punch him in the face.”

                “You liked Kyungsoo, right?  Or is he too much of a crybaby for you?  I’m sorry for leaving him alone with you.”

                “No, I like him a lot, actually.  He’s a nice kid.” 

                “You refer to us as kids but you’re only three years older than Kyungsoo.”

                “So?  Hey, why don’t you go college?”

                “I don’t have money, but wait didn’t you know?”

                “What?”

                “I’m going to college in America.  Where did you think I was going to study, silly?”  He chuckled.

                “Sorry, wait where are you going to stay until I join you?”

                “Oh, in the dormitories!”

                With a bunch of American boys? 

                Potentially gay American boys?

                I suddenly didn’t like the idea of him going to American alone anymore.

-------

Author’s Note:

JONGIN YOU .  You messed up their date.  >.> I’m not amused.  I’m sorry, I love you Kai but I had to make you more intrusive.  I think he finally got the idea, though.  No more drama in that pairing.  But Sulay… tsk tsk… what am I going to do with those two?  I’m going to skip the next few dates because lol if I included all of them it’d be 20 chapters worth of dates and that would get really boring if it isn’t already.  Ah but the mystery person Sehun was talking to will be revealed soon!  Well see ya~ Love you, readers~