My Dog Bit Me

My Pet

 

                “… I also think we should break up.  I honestly do love you, but I don’t think you come even close to loving me the same way.  I think you love that dog better.  Tell me, did you bring him to China with you or not?”

                “I… did.” 

                “I see now, I’ll step out of your life now.  It was nice while it lasted.” 

                What is he saying?  Is this the end of our friendship, too?

                “I guess I’ll see you around.”

                “Yeah…”

                “Bye.”

                “Bye.”

                I hung up the phone, not believing that I was single again.  Honey had his head on my shoulder.  I suddenly remembered that he got an offer to go to America.

                “Honey.”  I decided to bring it up, to see what he was going to do.

                “Yeah?”

                “I… heard that you got scouted.”

                “Yeah!  They want me to go to America!”  He had that smile on his face again.

                “For how long?”

                “Four years…”

                What?

                “Oh, are you… going to go?” 

                “I don’t k-”

                RING.  RING.  RING.

                “What the hell!?  Why does your damn phone keep cutting me off?!”

                “I’m sorry, hold on.”  I picked up the phone, again.

                “Luhan, I can’t let you go.  It hurts too much.”  It was Yixing again but he sounded upset.

                “Yixing… I-”

                Sehun snatched the phone from my hand and walked into the bedroom, locking the door behind him so that I couldn’t get in.  I went to the door and pressed my ear up against it.

                “Yah!  You’ve done enough!”  I heard a muffled voice through the door and I could barely make out what he was saying.

                “I don’t care!  Luhan is…” I couldn’t hear the rest.

                He started speaking quietly and I got frustrated and gave up.  I ended up on the couch, sprawled out on my back.  I looked up at the ceiling, reflecting on all of my mistakes.  I really didn’t want Sehun to go, just the thought makes my heart hurt.  I’ve become too attached to that puppy.  He’s my whole world now.  I would go with him, but I have work.  I can’t just pick up and travel everywhere. 

                After a couple of minutes, I heard Sehun’s voice get louder again.

                “Shut up!  It’s not his fault!  It’s mine, okay?!” 

                Curiosity was eating at me.  I couldn’t imagine what they were fighting about.  It was making me upset, though, I didn’t want Sehun to be involved but he’s not listening to me.  Instead he’s fighting with my ex-boyfriend about something. 

                Sehun finally came back out after ten minutes, looking pissed. 

                “God, you never told me he was such an .” 

                “What happened?”

                “Well, I’m pretty sure he hates me now.” 

                “That didn’t answer my question.”  I crossed my arms.

                “Look, it doesn’t matter.  In any case, he won’t be bothering you anymore.”

                “It does matter!  You locked me out of my own room and didn’t come out for ten minutes.  To keep a fight going that long must have a lot of fuel.” 

                “Stop being so nosy, will you?  It’s over now.” 

                “No I won’t!  I didn’t want you to become involved.” 

                “Well I am, because I’m an idiot.”

                “Stop this, maybe if I get back with Yixing then-”

                “Are you seriously considering that?  Do you seriously love that guy!?”  I was a little taken aback by him yelling at me.

                What the hell is he getting mad about?

                “Why does it matter to you?  Stop acting like a brat who got his toy taken away.” 

                “I asked you a question.”

                “I am considering that and I do love him!  Is that a problem?”

                “Yeah, actually it is!  What the hell are you thinking?  He isn’t right for you.” 

                “Who are you to tell me that?”

                “I’m your dog.”

                “Then why don’t you be obedient and shut up like a dog?”

                “Oh so we’re playing this game again?  You want me to shut up?  Fine.  I’ll leave, go your perfect little boyfriend, I’m sure he’d take you back in a heartbeat.  Have a good life, maybe I’ll come back after studying in America to come to your wedding.”  He slammed the door on his way out.

                Is he serious?  Did he just really leave me?  He… can’t be gone.

                I didn’t know something like that could be this painful.  But, it was.  I haven’t felt this way since my parents died.  My heart is broken and a piece of it was now running away, probably to some ’s house.  He should be with me. 

                I realized then that I didn’t need Yixing.  I didn’t love Yixing.  I loved Sehun more than Yixing.  There were so many things unsaid and I couldn’t let it end like this. 

                I spent the next hour repeatedly calling Sehun’s phone.  I knew he had it with him since he can’t seem to stop playing with it after I bought it for him.  Before he had this crappy prepaid flip phone but it was so disgusting that I bought him a real cell.  He wouldn’t answer me, though.

                I really do love Sehun if I’m going this far… don’t I?

                I didn’t give up and kept redialing until I dozed off.  It was weird falling asleep without him saying goodnight to me or trying to get in my bed.  I missed it, I wanted him to come home.  I ed up again and now I just lost the most important thing to me.

                The sad thing was I didn’t notice it until now.

------

Author's Note:

Okay so I was going to go back to sleep but then just as I was dozing off there was this loud boom of thunder and it scared the crap out of me.  I was wide awake then so I decided to stay up and type another chapter.  Now, this one is short but omg Luhan finally FINALLY realizes his feelings.  How many chapters has it been?  23?  Good God.  Layhan, I'm sorry but you've had your time, make way for a the new coupling.  Oh wait, Sehun ran away for real this time.  Why does Luhan have to realize it after Sehun gets jealous and runs away?  The poor boy can only take so much... lol now I'm just rambling.  Anyways, I need to get ready now.  I hope this chapter makes you excited for whats to come.  I'm sorry Layhan shippers, but we had some good times.  Like that one time where they almost had and they didn't.  Or that other time when they almost had and then they didn't.  Why?  Because Luhan s himself with the help of Sehun.  That last time he didn't need help, though.  XD Haha, okay i'll stop talking now.  I love you my patient readers.  Thank you for bearing with just Layhan for the past billion chapters.