Found Out

My Pet

 

Found Out

                I bit my lip, not knowing whether to be happy for my pet or sad.  Either way, it was going to hurt someone.  I considered my options.

                One was I could let him go and be alone for that period of time until he comes back.

                Another was that I could go to America with him but that would mean I’d have to learn more English and fast.

                The third… would be that I’d make him stay because I’m selfish and I want him all to myself.

                I want him all to myself…?

                “Luhan.”  I jumped a bit and turned around to face Sehun.

                “Ah S-Sehun, your performance was flawless.”  I smiled and he embraced me.

                “Wow, it feels so weird to be called that by you.” 

                “I know, it feels weird saying it.”

                “You two know each other?”  As soon as I heard my boyfriend’s voice, I froze.

                , I was careless.

                “Yeah.”  I bit my lip habitually.

                “Wait… he looks familiar.”  Yixing bent forward a little to study his face.

                My pulse was racing and I felt sick because all of this was happening at once.  I wasn’t ready to explain everything yet.  I knew this day would come someday but I didn’t want it to.  I glanced over at Honey who was confused as to why Yixing was staring at him.

                “Maybe he does…” 

                “Whoa, he looks just like Minki!” 

                Wait what.  Is he seriously that stupid?

                “Oh he does, doesn’t he?”  I let out a tiny, fake laugh.

                “They’re so similar!  And… okay I’m done playing this stupid game with you, Luhan.”  His voice suddenly turned bitter and it was not expected.

                “W-what game?”  I watched as the tables turned, and it was not in my favor.

                “The hell is going on?  Why are Sehun and Minki the same person?  Are you lying to me?  Are you cheating on me with him?  Are you going to tell me the truth for once?  Because honestly up until now I have been playing along and trusting you.  But now, now I can’t handle this.”  He started raising his voice and I shrunk back.

                “Fine, you want to know the truth?  He’s my dog.”  I stated simply, staring at him dead in the eye.  “Honey, could you go home without me?  I don’t want you to see this.”

                He hesitantly nodded before leaving, making sure to bow at Yixing in a quick apology.

                “Honey… dog… that kid is Honey?  Then, whose dog was that?!”

                “Minseok’s.”

                “Luhan, you were living with another man this whole time?!”  If it was possible, he got even angrier and it was ing scary.

                “It was before you came back!  He was-”

                “No!  Then you lied to me about it.  Maybe if you explained this all in the beginning, I wouldn’t have been so pissed but now it’s too late.  You’re a liar.  I bet you two have kissed, haven’t you?  You’ve probably done it with him, too.  That’s why you keep refusing me.  Keeping a human as a ing pet… it’s so disgusting.”

                “It’s not like th-” 

                “Oh so when we were at the hot springs, why was he there?  Why did he walk in on us?  Were you trying to use me to make him jealous?  No, I see your plan now.  I was your toy.  You thought I was still the naïve kid you knew in China.  You never knew that I would catch you.  How long did you honestly think this was going to last?”

                If that bastard let me talk at least once, I could explain.  But no, he has to cut me off every time.  I’m so done.

                “If you’re so ing pissed, then why don’t we just break up?!  You won’t even let me explain so how is that fair?  I’m so done with you!  I’m going home to him because at least he appreciates me.”  I shouted back at him.

                “Who doesn’t appreciate you?!  The hell are you saying?  For our whole friendship and relationship I’ve always put you on a pedestal, you don’t know what you’re talking about!”

                “No, Yixing.  You’ve changed, you’re not the best friend I remember.  He would’ve been more understanding.  Go Junmyeon, maybe then I’ll get my job back.”  I turned and ran out of the building, tears streaming out of my eyes.

                I knew it wasn’t supposed to hurt if I broke up with him, but why did I feel like this?  Maybe because he was right.  I was so stupid to believe that everything would go my way.  Now everyone’s hurt, even Honey, who isn’t even at fault here. 

                When I got home, I didn’t even get past the door before I sunk to my knees in defeat.  I was a horrible and selfish person. 

                “Lulu?  Yah!  Why are you on the floor?  Why are you crying?  What happened?”  I felt two arms wrap around me and I rested my head on his chest.

                “I broke up with him.”  I sniffled a bit and he wiped away my tears.

                “I’m guessing he didn’t let you explain.  You can’t have a good relationship without communication.” 

                I didn’t expect him to say such wise words but he was right.  I never did really open up and communicate with Yixing.  I just kept to myself and went behind his back.  I didn’t deserve to break up with him.  He should’ve broken up with me instead.  Maybe I thought it’d hurt less if I did it. 

                “Honey, that’s not the problem.  I’m just a stupid lying bastard who can’t keep a relationship.”  I sobbed, hiccupping every now and then.

                “Would you calm down?  You’re going to faint if you keep hyperventilating like that.”

                “How can I calm down?  Everything is wrong.”

                “I’ll talk to him.” 

                “No!  I don’t want you to get any more involved.  You’ve always been there for me, and I’ve never done anything for you.” 

                He looked at me like I was stupid.

                “Oh so the person who saved my life did nothing for me.  You never gave me a house, you never took care of me and you never took me to China?  Don’t be stupid, Luhan, you’ve done more than you give yourself credit for.” 

                “Stop being so nice to me when I’m such a horrible person.  I don’t deserve it.” 

                He sighed and kissed my forehead.

                “Look, I-”

                RING.  RING.  RING.

                I picked up my cell phone and answered it, not bothering to check the caller ID.

                “Hello?”  I probably sounded upset and hoped the person on the other line wouldn’t notice.

                “Luhan…”

                It’s Yixing.

                ----

Author’s Note:

Is this the end of Layhan?  I guess next chapter will reveal that.  Seriously though, I am so looking forward to writing all of the Hunhan love scenes when Layhan finally does break up.  Fluff always makes me really happy. >w<  Oh and also, I know that they haven't talked about Sehun going away yet... but that will happen soon.  It just builds more suspense when I don't immediately focus on it.  Anyways, lol it’s 4:13am where I live and I have my first day of school today.  But!  I wanted to keep updating daily and apparently today is going to be a double update.  Look forward to the next chapter when I get home from school!!  I love you guys!