Puppy's Separation Anxiety

My Pet

 

                “Lulu, I’ll miss you so, so, so, so, so, so-”

                “I know, you’ve told me about twenty times already.”  I reminded him as we walked up to Minseok’s front door.  It’s five o’clock right now, and after dropping off Honey, I have to go to Yixing’s so we can go over to the train station. 

                “Oh!  Honey!  Welcome!  Come in, come in.”  Jongdae smiled and stepped away from the door so he could enter.

                “Master!!  Don’t leave me with them!”  He whimpered and I just hugged him one more time.

                “Sorry, you asked for it, you er.” I smirked and he just groaned.

                “I’m a dog, though?  What kind of kiss were you expecting?”  He frowned and I released him.

                “Okay, fine but I need to leave now.  Yixing is waiting for me.”

                “Remember our promise!  Call me later, too!”  He shouted as Jongdae yanked him into the house.

                “Yeah, yeah.”  I grabbed my suitcase and went to Yixing’s house.

                When I arrived, Yixing was already ready to go so we walked together to the train station.  I kept both of my hands occupied so he couldn’t hold them.  It wasn’t that I didn’t want him to.  It’s just that my hands were so sweaty and I didn’t want him to know.  It was going to be my first time alone with him since we were sharing a room.  I was a little nervous even though I knew we weren’t going to do it. 

                But what if I get carried away?

                I sighed and my boyfriend looked at me, his face laced with worry.

                “Are you okay?”  He ran the back of his hand down my cheek and I nodded.

                It was in the same spot that Honey me last night and I wondered how Yixing would react if he found out about my pet.  He’d probably hate me, but I don’t know… Honey is my pet.  I’ve mentioned the new Honey to him before and he wants to meet him.  I just don’t have a real dog to show him.  Only Oh Sehun who Yixing knows as Kim Minki who is the real Honey.  I realized how much of a mess I got myself into.  It’s a good thing that Yixing isn’t good with recognizing people.

                “Hey, so where did you put Honey for the three days?  In a kennel?”

                “No, he’s staying at Minseok and Jongdae’s.”  I answered instantly and mentally punched myself in the face because I knew what he was going to say next.

                “Oh!  Can I come with you to pick him up?” 

                .

                “You don’t have to.”  I insisted but he was so persistent.

                “No I really want to meet him.  Whenever you talk about him, your face just lights up, I want to see the cute little puppy behind it.” 

                I knew I lost but now I needed a plan B.

                “Alright.”  I hesitantly agreed as we arrived at the station.

                “Okay, now that everyone is here, let’s go.”  Junmyeon shouted and everyone followed him onto the train.

                On the train we sat next to each other, Yixing placed his warm hand on top of mine and I was just thankful that he wasn’t holding it.  I saw that all of our co-workers were staring at us and I sighed.  I knew they all hated me.  I just ignored them and took out my phone, ready to text Minseok about my emergency.

                To: Minseok

                Oh God, we have a problem.  Yixing wants to meet Honey and he’s coming to your house with me to pick him up.  What should I do?

                From: Minseok

                Okay, just calm down.  Jongdae and I will go to the local shelter and get one.

                To: Minseok

                Thank you!  You’re the best friend ever.  How’s Honey?

                From: Minseok

                Jongdae and I wanted a puppy anyway.  Honey is good, I just fed him.

                “Ah, are you asking about Honey?”  Yixing asked and I jumped.

                “Oh, Yixing, you scared me.  Yeah, I am.  He’s doing fine.”  I smiled and put away my phone.

                When we got there, Yixing and I immediately went to our room to unpack.

                “Hey, you want to go to the baths now?  Or do you want to eat first?” I asked, hoping he’d say eat.

                “Mm, let’s go to the baths first.  It’ll build up our appetites.” 

                Why did I even ask? 

                “Okay.”  I gathered my baths supplies and we headed to the public bath slowly.

                Apparently we were the only ones in there at the moment.

                Great.

                I held up my towel as I took my clothes off like I used to do when we had swimming in high school.

                “There’s no reason to be shy, Luhan.  I’ve seen you before.”

                “Yeah but…  still…”  I looked down at my body.

                “It’s okay.  Come on, let’s go.” 

                I tied the towel around my stomach and followed him outside.  When we got in there was a moment where we just sat there, staring at anything but each other.  I mean, we were , alone and in a hot spring.  I bet so many people have done stuff in here.

                “So, how long has it been since we’ve gone to the hot springs together?”  He broke the silence.

                “Mm… ten years?  The last time was when my parents and your parents had a joint vacation.”

                “That’s right.  Wow, it’s been that long?  I feel so old.”  He dunked his head in the water and quickly resurfaced, slicking his hair back.  “Luhan, can I ask you a question?”

                “Sure.”

                “Why haven’t you kissed me… like… ever?  Do you not like me?”

                I was shocked at his question.  Now that I thought about it, I never did initiate the kissing.  I always let Yixing kiss me while I just stood there.

                “It’s not like that.  I just… don’t know how to kiss.” 

                “How do you not know how to kiss?”

                “Everyone I’ve kissed kisses differently and I don’t really know which way is the right way.”    

                “Okay, well I’ll teach you my way.”  He smirked and I realized that this isn’t going to end well.

                “Bu-”  My words were cut off by him pressing his moist lips against mine.

                Then, he started to slowly nibble on my bottom lip.  Our lips moved together rhythmically until he decided to add tongue.  I hadn’t made out since my last girlfriend so I was a little worried that I’d be bad.  He didn’t seem to mind, though so I tried not to worry too much.  All of a sudden he started to kiss harder and my heart started speeding up because I realized that he had an ulterior motive.  I couldn’t just stop, though.  I didn’t want him to be disappointed in me.  I also didn’t want to break my promise with Honey. 

                He stopped kissing me and I thought that was it.  Well, until he started to trail kisses down my jawline and then he nibbled on my ear.  I couldn’t deny that it felt nice, and soon I felt my senses become clouded.  I soon forgot everything I was thinking about.  It was as if Yixing was putting me into a trance with his soft caresses and passionate kisses. 

                “Stop.  Pick up the phone~” I heard my ringtone that Honey set for himself.

                 Yixing didn’t stop and I stared at my phone while he went to town on my neck.  I reached over, panting hard and picked up my phone, hoping he’d get the idea.

                 “H-Hello?”  I said breathlessly into the cell.

                  “Yah!  Why are you out of breath?  Are you doing it already?  God, and you call me ?  I knew something was up so that’s why I called.”  He sounded more upset than angry and it made me feel regretful.

                   “Who’s that?”  Yixing looked up at me, obviously not happy that I was interrupting our y time.

                    “Minseok said that Honey wasn’t feeling well so he had to take him to the vet.”  I feigned sorrow and Yixing’s expression softened.

                     “I’m sorry, I hope he feels better.”

                     “YAH!   Are you listening Luhan?  Stop ignoring me for your lover!  You better not be breaking our promise.” 

                     “I’m not.  Don’t worry, just calm down, okay?  I’m hanging up.  Bye.”  I put down my phone before he could protest.

                     “Is everything okay?  We can go home and take care of Honey if you want.”

                     “It’s okay, really.” 

        “Alright, um… should we resume what we were doing?

        “What exactly were we doing?”

                      “What do you think we were doing?”

                      “Uh… kissing?”  I felt my face burning as we continued this awkward conversation.

                       “Well… did you like it?”

                      “Mhm…”

                       “Do you want… to do more?”

                       “Define ‘more’.” 

                       What am I saying?  Of course I know what he’s talking about.

                       “Luhan, I want to take our relationship to the next level.” 

                       “I-”

                       My ringtone went off again and I groaned.

                       “Get it.  We have three more days to do whatever we want.”

                       I got out of the hot tub and paced around, Yixing watching my every move.

                      “Yeah?”

                      “I’m sorry for getting in the way of you and Yixing.”

                       “You just did again.”

                       “I’m sorry…  I should trust you more.”

                       “It’s okay, we almost did… something, though.”

                       “What?!  Are you serious right now?”

                       “Yeah, I couldn’t say no to him.”

                       “Why not?  It’s not that hard.”

                       I sighed because he was right.

                       “It’s just… I didn’t want to make him mad at me.”

                       “Come home, then.  Tell him that I’m dying or something.”

                       “No!”

                       “Fine, then I’m coming to you guys.”  He hung up on me and I just stood there, in my half- glory, jaw hanging open.

                       “Uh… Luhan?”  I heard Yixing’s voice next to my ear and I flinched, my arms flailing and hitting him right in the face.

                        “Oh my God, I’m so sorry!”  I bowed a couple dozen times before he stopped me.

                        “It's fine but what’s the matter?  You sounded upset.”

                        “Nothing, let’s just go inside.  I’m really hungry.”  I rubbed my stomach.

                        “Alright…”  He exhaled and I felt bad because I just kind of left him hanging.

                         As we went to get dressed, I felt my stomach churn in uneasiness.

                         Was Honey serious?

----------

Author’s Note:

I'm sorry, they just talk... so... damn... much....  There's like walls of dialogue.  Sehun has like… a black belt in ing.  I think he just called because he missed Luhan cuz he has separation anxiety.  Or maybe he just wanted to him.  Who knows?  Well he’s threatening to come and join them.  I wonder how he’s going to do that… and did Xiuchen adopt the dog yet?  I guess we’ll find out the next chapter.  Poor Layhan… they’ll be forever deprived of the y times.  Lay is too nice… poor thing.  Well, until next chapter, bye bye my darlings!  Saranghae, and daisuki and ti amo oh and I love you!