Oh Sehun

My Pet

 

                A month later, Honey was still living with me and I was still going out with Yixing.  It was a weird relationship, though.  Even though I do really like him, I just don’t feel as comfortable with him as I thought I would.  I can’t seem to open up to him.  I won’t even let him call me nicknames because it sounds weird coming from him.   I guess we’ve grown apart in the seven years we haven’t seen each other plus I’m not exactly a people person.

                One day he came up to me with a newspaper, “Hey, did you see this?  Doesn’t this kid look familiar?

                “Where?”  I glanced at the newspaper and saw that Honey was on the cover.  “No, he doesn’t.  What does the newspaper say?”  I asked, now very interested.

                “This kid, his name is Oh Sehun and he’s apparently a child prodigy in dancing.  He’s going to be in a show, you want go see it with me?  It’s in a couple months from now, but it’s good to plan ahead, right?”

                “Yeah.”  I nodded.

                So his name is Sehun? 

                When I got home later, Honey… er Sehun was waiting for me, sitting at the door.

                “Arf, arf!”  He waggled  his and jumped all over me. 

                “Down, Oh Sehun, the dance prodigy.”

                His eyes widened as he stiffened and fell onto his .

                “How do you know that name?” He looked terrified but I just sat down next to him, putting my arm around his shoulders.

                “The newspaper but… Why are you so scared?  I’m not mad or anything.  We all have our secrets.”  I tried to comfort him but he just sighed.

                “No, we shouldn’t have secrets between us, we’re pet and master.  Pets don’t have secrets.  I’ll tell you everything.” 

                “Fine, go ahead.”  He inhaled deeply before starting.

                “Okay, so before I met you, I ran away from home because my parents thought my dancing was pointless so they didn’t support me at all.  I stayed at a lot of people’s houses after that, sometimes in exchange for pleasure, sometimes in exchange for money.  When I didn’t give them what they wanted, they kicked me out.  I spent some nights on the street, too.  That is, until I met you.  I’m a part of a dancing team and we put on a show every year.  That’s why I always left without telling you where I was going.  Actually, at the performance you heard about in the newspaper, there are going to be scouts coming.”

                “Scouts?  Like, talent scouts?”

                “Yeah, I might get an offer to study somewhere.”  I saw his face brighten up and although I didn’t want him to leave me, I wanted to be happy for him.

                “Oh that’s great!  I hope you get one.” 

                “So are you coming to the show?” 

                “Yeah, Yixing invited me to see it with him.” 

                “Oh, him…” 

                “Yeah.”

                “Have you guys... You know…”  He hung his head but I could see his cheeks flushing.

                “N-no!  Why are you asking such random questions?” 

                “Good.”

                “You’re so weird.”  I laughed and he puffed out his cheeks.

                “Well there shouldn’t be secrets between us!”  He countered and I figured he was right.

                The next day at work, Junmyeon called everyone together. 

                “Okay, everyone!  We’re going on a company trip to the hot springs!  If you want to come then meet us at the train station tomorrow at six.  That is all.” 

                “Oh Luhan, it’ll be great.  I love the hot springs!  I can’t wait to bathe with you.”  I knew he meant it innocently, but I couldn’t help but think that he was implying something else.

                As soon as I told Honey, I could tell he was totally opposed to the idea.

                “Oh!  So you’re going to go on a trip with that… that incubus and you’re going to leave me alone?  Lulu…”  He clung to my arm and gave me puppy eyes.

                “Honey… it’s only for three days.”

                “Okay, okay fine.  But you have to promise not to have with him.” 

                There it was again, he was blushing like a little girl.  I didn’t understand why he was so overprotective of me, but I felt bad so I gave in.

                “I promise.  I won’t.”  I rolled my eyes.

                “Thank you, Lulu…”

                “Why don’t you want me to do it, though?”

                “Because…”

                “Because why?”

                RING RING. 

                I picked up my phone which was on the coffee table and looked at the caller ID.  It was Yixing so I grinned and picked it up.

                “Hello?”  I answered in Chinese, making Honey glare at me because he couldn’t understand what I was saying.

                “Ah Luhan, we should go to the train station together tomorrow, okay?”

                “Okay, I’ll meet you at your house.”

                “Alright, bye, I love you.”

                “I… me too… Bye.”  I said sheepishly before hanging up.

                “That was him, right?”  My pet eyed me from his spot on the floor.

                “Yep, well I need to pack for tomorrow.  You want to help me?”

                “Okay… I guess… but you’re going to be away for three whole days!  I’m going to die without you.”

                “Why don’t you stay with Minseok and Jongdae, then?” 

                “No!  They’ll keep me up all night with their… love sounds.”

                “Oh they would not…. Okay fine but would you rather stay here alone?”

                “Well either way I’ll be reminded that I’m alone.”

                “Just stay at their house, I’ll tell Minseok not to do anything while you’re there, okay?  I think they can last three nights.” 

                “Thanks, Lu.  I love you!”  He pounced on top of me and threw his arms around my shoulders.

                “Haha, I love you too you puppy.”  I hugged him back and grabbed his face in my hands.

                “Can I kiss you?”

                “Yah!  Don’t be so blunt.”  I tapped his nose, making it scrunch up cutely.

                “Can I?  Just on the cheek?  Come on, I won’t ask for anymore after this.”  He his lips, like he always does when he’s nervous.

                “Just on the cheek, right?  Alright, but I’m going to trust you so you better not make me regret it.”  I warned.

                “Kay.” 

                I stuck out my cheek and he stuck out his tongue and dragged it up the length of my cheek.  My face contorted with disgust.  I wasn’t sure what to think of that.  I just shoved him away with my mouth hanging open.

                “Good God!  That was… really weird.  Do you like people?”  I rubbed the saliva off and he just sat there, cracking up.

                “Oh you should’ve seen your face!  It was so great.”  He held his stomach.

                “You’re definitely staying with Minseok, now.  I’ll make sure they have the loudest you’ve ever heard.”

                ----

Author’s Note:

Oh gawd.  What just happened?  Well Hanhan knows the truth now about Hunhun.  Are you looking forward to the Layhan that is going to happen during the vacation?  I’m not… I just want to write Hunhan but hey… that would be boring.  Yeah so I have to go to sleep now.  See you later!  Love yaaaa~