Valentine

A Real Pain In The Neck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

- - - - -

 

"So~" Chen started out as he slid down next to you, wrapping an arm around your shoulders and pulling you against him. "How is my Rinnie?"

With a soft sigh, you placed a ribbon inside your book to hold the place. "What do you want?"

He pushed his lips out in what was supposed to be a pout. He looked like he was making the duck face. "Rinnie~ Can't I just be with you like this and not want anything~?"

"When it's you, no," you replied with an affectionate smile. "You can't fool me. Now, what's wrong?"

"Well..." Chen started off, "Valentine's Day is coming up." You nodded, urging him to continue. Slowly, Chen's gaze drifted to you. "And girls give the guy they like chocolate on that day." Once more, you bobbed your head. "So...I was wondering...if you were going to give anyone candy. Like, do you have a guy in mind?" His ears were burning red, signaling he was embarrassed or unsure.

Honestly, you already had your Valentine's Day chocolate planned. You were going to make homemade chocolates for all the boys--as thank you presents, of course. But seeing Chen looking cute like this made you want to . "Well...I did have someone in mind," you admitted. Grinning to yourself, you thought of Hyunsik. "He's older than me. He has a really pretty smile, and dark hair, and a nice build..."

Chen shot you a look. "I thought you didn't know anyone outside of us!" he accused with another pout. He crossed his arms, facing away from you and grumbling under his breath.

You laughed and grabbed his arm. "Jongdae oppa, I was kidding. What I'm doing for Valentine's Day is going to be a surprise, okay?"

He gave you another look, this one skeptic. "Hmph. Fine. But you better not be having a crush on anyone else when this hunk of deliciousness," he motioned to himself, "is living with you!"

Obediently, you nodded, crossing your legs and grabbing your book once more. "Is that all?"

Chen frowned but slowly nodded. "Yeah..." he admitted. You hummed softly and opened your book, returning to the text.

Chen took this opportunity to observe you. His lips automatically curved upwards when he saw your eyebrows furrow over a conflict in the book. There would be times when you'd smile a little, or tilt your head in confusion. Chen found them absolutely endearing. He honestly wanted to pull you to him and place a light but firm kiss on your lips, but knew better than that. He'd have to wait for you, but that was okay. If it was you, he'd wait until the sun burned out and the oceans drained.

Sometimes, Chen would stop and think. When had he fallen for you? He couldn't think of a certain time when he looked at you and suddenly felt his heart rate speed up. Chen had come to the conclusion that his love for you had been there from the moment he saw you. It had been a seed at first, planted in his heart. Then, slowly but surely, with every word you spoke to him, every smile you sent, the seed was watered and nurtured into the full-blooming flower it was. He was in love with you, and not even the strongest shears could cut the stem.

Of course, eventrually you felt his eyes on you. You looked up at him, confused. Chen simply shook his head once with a small smile, reaching out to ruffle your hair. "Don't mind me, Rinnie."

"Stop s-staring at me," you grumbled, cheeks tinting pink.

"Why~?" he asked, blinking. "You look so cute when you blush."

Chewing on the inside of your cheek, you shut your book and stood up. "Um...I'm going to go get a snack. Oppa, do you want anything...?" Your eyes flickered to Chen's for a moment, which only caused your blush to deepen. He was staring at you so intently, you couldn't help but feel the heat of his gaze.

*You.* Chen smiled and shook his he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter