Speak For Yourself

A Real Pain In The Neck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{A/N: Sooo...been like, a month.

I AM SO SORRY. My laptop broke, and then I was busy with school. I have exams this week, so I tried to finish this chapter I've had drafted for a little less than a month.

Also, on the new laptop I got, my mom is only allowing me a little over an hour on it a day. So updates won't be fast. I'm so sorry!

This chapter is short, but I wanted to update for you guys. }

 

- - - - -

 

The sound of wind whistling against the window woke you up. Your headache was gone, and your fever was most likely gone as well. But you felt...cold. Like something was missing. With a frown, you rolled over in bed. It seemed like someone was supposed to be there, but wasn't. *You're probably still sick,* you told yourself. *The only person that should be in your bed is you, Haerin.*

You sighed and sat up in bed, putting a hand to your forehead to see if your fever was gone. It seemed like it was, much to your relief. Just as you swung your legs around to get out of bed, there was a light knock on your door. "Mei mei?" The door opened and Chen stepped in with a tray of food. He smiled at you. "Ah, you're awake. Feeling any better?"

You nodded, smiling softly at him as he came to the edge of your bed. "I'm feeling much better, thank you."

Xiumin nodded as his hands pressed to your face. "Your fever's gone too. Must've been a twenty-four hour flu or something. Thank goodness." He smiled again and lightly ruffled your hair. "Eat something, mei mei." He held out the soup he had made with a smile. "I'll feed you," he offered.

You sighed, knowing you wouldn't be able to talk him out of it. So you let him feed you until the soup was gone before kicking him out of your room so you could change.

 

- - - - -

 

Luhan moved his cereal around in the milk. The others were still mad at him, he could tell. But at least they weren't yelling at him like before. Now, it was just...awkward. Very awkward.

He sighed softly, biting his lip. He looked up when you came downstairs and couldn't help but smile, though the smile faded when he saw the bite marks on your neck.

Lay immediately went from the table to you, cupping your cheeks in his hands and asking if you were okay. You responded with a tiny smile, nodding to all of his questions, shaking your head a few times. Luhan could tell Lay was smiling as he leaned in to kiss your forehead, taking your hands and pulling you into the dining room with everyone else, even though Xiumin already brought you breakfast.

"Hi, mei mei," Luhan said quietly as you sat opposite of him. He was fearful. He didn't know if you were going to glare at him, hate him, be afraid of him...

But you smiled softly and nodded your head. "Morning, Luhan ge."

His heart leaped as he smiled. "Mei mei, are you alright?"

You nodded. "I'm fine." As if guessing his worries, you put a hand to your neck. "They're healing." Luhan bit his lip but nodded, looking down and sighing quietly, picking up his bowl and placing it in the sink.

"Gege," you whispered, walking to him and grabbing his hand. "I'm fine," you assured. "It's okay. I told you you could. So...they should be mad at me, not you, okay? Don't worry about me. And don't you dare get mad at yourself."

Luhan slowly turned, facing you and lacing his fingers with yours on both hands. He slowly searched your face, eyes staying on your lips for a few seconds too long. "I should've

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter