Can I Get Your Name?

A Real Pain In The Neck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{A/N: Sorry for not updating sooner guys~ I'm not one of those authors that updates regularly because if I tell you 'I'm going to update on Saturdays' and I'm not able to update one week, I'll feel like I've let my subbies down ;~;

I was sick today too, so I don't have to go to cheer practice, so here's an update for you guys ♥}

 

- - - - -

 

"She's Blood Bonded to one of them," the maknae informed the leader.

The blond leader looked up with interest. "Their leader?"

"No. The quiet one. Zhang YiXing," said a different Hunter as he leaned against the wall boredly.

"Hm." The leader uncrossed his legs and leaned forward, resting his elbows on his knees. "I thought she'd Bond with their leader first. Or that maknae, ZiTao."

"I was rooting for the baby-faced one," yet another Hunter said, going to the one leaning against the wall. "Guess none of us can really predict their actions anymore, hm?"

The leader hummed in agreement. He called two of his comrades to him. "Keep a closer eye on them. Especially the Bonded mates. Or you know what?" He grinned evilly. "Maybe this is a good thing. We can use this to our advantage."

The maknae blinked at his leader. "Hyung," he said. "What do you mean exactly...?"

"If we can get between them, perhaps we can upset her mate. Maybe even the entire coven."

"So...?"

The leader laughed and stood up. "I'm transferring us to their college. We already know where her classes are."

 

- - - - -

 

"YiXing ge," you muttered during your art class. "Can you help me with this? I'm not quite sure how to shade hair this curly."

Lay gave you a soft smile and nodded, moving closer to you. "See, you have to shade this part darker," he murmured. "And erase the part of the curl that's facing you to create a highlight." He showed you how to create the highlights and lowlights.

"Ohh," you murmured as he showed you. You smiled brightly at him. "Thank you gege."

He nodded and smiled back, taking your hand and lacing his fingers with yours. "Hey mei mei?"

"Hm?"

Lay looked at your intertwined hands. "I know...I know it's probably a lot for you. Since I....no, since we Bonded." His eyes flickered up to yours. "And you ignoring me or avoiding me...it hurts. It hurts my heart." He bit his lip and took a deep breath. "So even if you don't feel anything...it's okay. I just need you in my life, even if it's just as a friend or as a brother or anything. Just please...don't keep me away."

You looked at Lay with wide eyes. You didn't know you were hurting him that much. Well, you knew you were hurting him. You could tell by the look in his eyes when you'd glance away from him. But you didn't know you were hurting him this bad. You swallowed the lump in your throat and looked down. "I'm sorry," you murmured, squeezing his hand.

"It's okay."

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay, mei mei."

"I'm sorry."

Lay looked at you and gave you a crooked grin, flashing his dimple. "Will you please stop apologizing? It's okay now mei mei. So long as you stop acting like I don't exist."

"Yeah." You nodded and squeezed his hand again. "I'm sorry."

"What did I tell you?" Lay gave you a look. Giving him an apologetic smile, you went back to drawing.

Once class ended, the two of you walked out of the classroom with intertwined hands. You looked down at your feet as you gathered courage. By the time you had made your decision, you and Lay were in the library, ready for lunch. You peeked up at him to see him smiling at you, amused. With a deep breath, you looked back up. "Gege?"

"Yes?" His smile widened. *She's adorable.* What happened next though, took him by surprise. You pulled him closer to you by his hand and craned your neck forward. Lay felt a soft pressure on his cheek. It took him a second to realize that you were kissing his cheek. His shock quickly turned into a bright smile. You pulled back, bright red.

Lay chuckled and ruffled your hair. "Adorable." You said nothing, and he tilted his head at you. He leaned down and kissed your cheek, causing you to blush brighter. Lay inhaled the scent of your blood with a small smile when someone interrupted his time with you.

"Mei mei~" Luhan sat down next to you and smiled. "Was Lay getting a little too close to you?" His innocent smile was suddenly too innocent. More threatening.

"N-no," you muttered, looking down at the lunch Lay had made for you this morning. "H-he's fine."

"Mm, but y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter