Halloween (Part I)

A Real Pain In The Neck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{A/N: Who else watched K-con and died of Kris's aegyo? 'Cause I did...}

 

- - - - -

 

"I'm so excited~" sang Tao as he played with an orange balloon. You were sitting beside him, drawing faces on the balloons with Lay, since you two were the artsy ones.

"We do this every year," Lay reminded, chuckling as he drew a jack-o-lantern face on the balloon.

"Yeah but this year we have Haerinnie!" Tao beamed and wrapped his arms around your shoulders, hugging you. You turned red and tensed up, feeling his cheek against yours.

Lay frowned. "Yah, yah! Get off of her, you stupid overgrown panda!" Lay pulled one of Tao's arms off of you, annoyed. Tao pouted and crossed his arms like a child that had been told they had to wait until after dinner to eat a cookie. Lay rolled his eyes. "Immature," he muttered under his breath.

"I heard that!" Tao snapped, scowling at his gege.

"Calm down," you said quietly, placing your hand on his arm. He immediately calmed down at your touch. Tao let out a small sigh and nodded, uncrossing his arms. You offered a small smile and went back to your balloon.

"What are you drawing, mei mei?" Lay asked, leaning into you.

You beamed as you finished it and held it out. "Ta-dah!" You had drawn a vampire jack-o-lantern face on the balloon. It was smiling, with two triangle eyes, a triangle nose, and open mouth with two fangs.

Lay and Tao laughed and gave you the thumbs-up. "Is that me?" Tao asked hopefully.

"No," you disagreed. "I'll make you though, Tao." He beamed and waited patiently as you drew on a white balloon with black marker. When you were done, you showed it to him. You drew a panda face on the balloon. Tao blinked while Lay laughed. Then there was a pause of silence and you were worried he didn't like it.

"I love it!" Tao declared, beaming happily and taking the balloon. "It's cute~"

"Just like you," you laughed, giving him your eye-smile.

Tao grinned, pinching your cheeks. "So you think I'm cute, Haerinnie? Good, because I think you're cute too." He tied the balloon on a string and then tied it to a chair. "This is now my chair. Right beside Haerinnie's." Tao winked at you and stole some candy corn from a bowl.

You blushed slightly and avoided his eyes. Lay suddenly tied a balloon on the back of your chair. You looked up to see a cat drawn on it. Lay smiled at you and ruffled your hair. "A cute kitten. Just like mei mei." Your face turned another shade of red as you looked back at the balloon in your hands, trying to concentrate on the face you were drawing on it.

 

- - - - -

 

When it was around six, everyone went upstairs to get their costumes on. You had spent most of the day finishing up decorations and making the food with Lay.

"If you need help getting that dress on, I'm just down the hall," Chen called as you shut your door.

You blushed and shut your door quickly, going to your closet and getting out the beautiful dress and shoes, smiling to yourself. You put the dress and shoes on, going to your mirror to put your hair up, doing your makeup as well.

You wondered what the boys were going to dress up as. Surely not Dracula. The thought made you cringe. Oh how ironic that would be. Shaking the thoughts from your head, you decided to go downstairs where music was already playing. You guessed the guys were already downstairs since it probably didn't take them long to get into their costumes.

Nervously, you held onto the stair rail as you made your way downstairs. You weren't sure why you were so nervous. Maybe because this was the prettiest dress you had ever worn? Or because it was the first time you were celebrating Halloween, and you were with six gorgeous guys? Probably a mix of all three, you decided. Swallowing and taking a deep breath at the last step, you headed into the living room that had been transformed into a sort of grave yard, fake cobwebs hanging on the walls.

The boys were already down there, as you had thought. One by one, you looked at them. As to who was what, it wasn't obvious.

Xiumin had black dress pants and shoes, his gloves white. A white dress shirt was under a coat that resembled the one Yunho wore in TVXQ's 'Keep Your Head Down' music video. He had his hair spiked slightly, a half-mask on his face. He was the Phantom of the Opera. You smiled to yourself.

Chen had on a completely red suit. Well, not completely. He had a black dress shirt on underneath the red blazer. But his horns and tail were red, same with his pitchfork. His hair was tosseled in a way that made your heart beat a little faster. The devil. Of course. His choice of costume didn't surprise you in the least.

Kris was dressed in all black--a black V-neck, black sports coat, black pants, and a black mask. His was harder to guess. You spotted a sword hilt at his side and tilted your head. Zorro maybe...? You'd have to ask him later to make sure. But one thing was certain: he looked very, very handsome dressed like that.

Lay had a gray suit on, his dress shirt white, his tie red. He wore red leather gloves to match, a red and black cross hanging around his neck, a sword at his waist. Now you had no idea what on earth he was supposed to be.

Tao's was pretty typical of him. He had on a long-sleeved black sweater, black pants, and black Converse, holding on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter