Halloween Costume

A Real Pain In The Neck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{A/N: NOW some of you have guessed who the hunters are correctly~ ;)  

Shorter update, but oh well~}

 

- - - - -

 

Tao sighed deeply as he watched you intently. The both of you were in the library, studying. Well, actually, you were studying while Tao just sat there with the book open, not actually reading it. He was staring at you. Either you were too caught up in your book to notice his stare or you didn't care.

Tao guessed it was the first one. He rested his chin on his palm and let his eyes trail over your features, his heart giving an excited thump when he looked at your lips as they mouthed information to yourself. Tao grinned. *So cute. You're going to have to stop being that cute, Haerinnie, or else I'm going to eat you up.* Tao pouted and bit his bottom lip, resisting the urge to just pull you to him and kiss you. "Haerinnie," he called.

You looked up from the book. "Yes?"

"Let's do something fun. Studying all day is boring. It's almost Halloween you know."

"Yeah," you agreed, looking out the window at the trees that had lost their leaves. "I love Halloween."

Tao grinned. "Me too. It's the night we can be vampires and no one questions us. We usually have a Halloween party with just us since we can't really be around humans. But this year, we have you. It'll be really fun! But there's one condition to going."

You blinked. "And what is that?"

"You need a Halloween costume!" he declared, grabbing your hand and standing up. "Therefore, Song Haerin, I, Huang ZiTao shall take you to get the best, most amazing, cool Halloween costume in the world!"

You laughed lightly at him and nodded, standing up. "I guess I can afford one day without studying."

"That's the spirit!" He beamed. "Now let's try and sneak past Duizhang. Technically I'm not supposed to go out on my own, especially with you."

"Why not?"

"Because of the Hunters. With just one of us, it would be easy to attack. Unless it's Duizhang. They won't attack Duizhang unless all of them are there with some heavy-duty Sharp Silver. A few weeks ago, it would've been okay to go out on our own...but since they attacked Luhan, Duizhang's been more cautious. He may not look like it, but he really cares for us a lot."

You nodded, a soft smile coming on your lips as you remembered a few nights ago when he stayed until you fell asleep. "I know he does."

Tao nodded. "Now let's go!"

"Not so fast," said a voice. You both saw Chen standing in front of you. "Now. Unless you want Duizhang to know about your little escape plan, I suggest you let me join."

Tao groaned. *Aish. I was going to turn this into a date too. Stupid Chen.* He scowled at Chen, but knew he had no other choice. "Whatever. Let's just go." Tao grabbed your hand and quickly walked ahead of Chen.

 

- - - - -

 

"This place is huge," you marveled as you walked into the huge Halloween store. The store was divided into sections: accesories, children's girl costumes, children's boy costumes, teen girl costumes, teen boy costumes, and then adult costumes.

"Let's go." Chen grabbed your hand, stealing you from Tao, dragging you to the teen girl section. "Let's go get you a y kitten costume, mei mei."

Your eyes widened as you looked at all the costumes in the teen girl section. "Just because I'm a teenage girl doesn't mean I have to dress like a..." you let your voice trail off.

"?" Tao finished for you, also wrinkling his nose at the costumes. Wordlessly, you nodded. Tao sighed and claimed you once more. "See, Chen? Haerinnie's not like that."

"Jesus, Tao," Chen said with a roll of his eyes. "If we leave it up to you, she'll go as a nun."

"No," Tao disagreed. "Not a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter