Just A Taste

A Real Pain In The Neck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{A/N: I'm sorry for not updating in a while. But AP classes take up a lot of time, especially with sports in the way as well. But I think you guys will like this update =P

Although I do apologize. I feel like this was kind of everywhere and little bit rushed. >.< Forgive author-nim~}

 

- - - - -

 

"Aish," grumbled Xiumin as he stared at the bills, tearing at his hair. Even if Kris was the leader, Xiumin was in charge of paying the bills. It was a Friday night, just after everyone's classes.

"What's wrong, oppa?" came your sweet and melodic voice as you sat next to him.

He softened. "Nothing bad," he assured. "It's just...the others don't realize some things. We've been trying to get off of our parents' money so we can live on our own, just to know what it feels like before inheriting companies and whatnot. But it's harder than it seems. Here I thought living on nothing was easy." Your face hardened and he immediately realized his mistake. "Oops! I mean, I don't think--I really--aish," he grumbled again.

"I can help," you offered quietly, assuring him that he didn't offend you. "I did my bills and everything for years and managed to keep the electricity on...most of the time." You added the last part quietly, thinking that he wouldn't hear it. But you forgot--vampire.

He heard it and frowned. *So strong.* "I'd love your help." Xiumin smiled at you.

You gave a tiny smile and looked at the bills, putting your magic to work. It was quite easy balancing their checkbook and paying on the bills. You'd survived worse than this. Though their bills were higher for having a large house, they also had a larger budget, so everything worked out fine. You even found some extra spending money in there.

Xiumin gaped, staring at the numbers. "How did you...?"

"Like I said, I did this on my own for three years. I'm good at it."

"Wah~ Thank you, mei mei." Xiumin patted your head affectionately and smiled cutely.

"You're welcome," you replied, offering a shy smile. "I'm going to go help YiXing ge make lunch for everyone."

"Okay. Don't hurt yourself and have fun."

 

- - - - -

 

"Ready to make lunch?" Lay asked brightly.

You nodded and smiled back, showing him you were ready. You washed your hands and hummed slightly to yourself, causing Lay to beam and chuckle.

"What's so funny?" you asked.

"You're so cute, mei mei," he replied, cupping your face with one hand and grinning at you, that dimple clearly showing.

You turned bright red and tried to move your face, but his hand wouldn't let you. His smile softened as he stared in your eyes, his gaze slowly falling to your lips. Then, just as slowly, he started leaning in, his breath catching in his throat. Your eyes widened as you froze, too scared to do anything. Once he was probably three inches away, a voice interrupted you.

"Gege, I want to help--oh. Yah! Get away from my girl!"

Lay stepped back and sighed. *er.*

Chen quickly ran to you and put his hands on your shoulders, looking you up and down. "Are you okay? He didn't do anything erted, did he?"

"Coming straight from the ert himself," Lay remarked, scoffing.

"Aish," Chen grumbled, sending a quick glare at Lay before squeezing himself in between you and Lay. "So...what are we making for lunch?" Lay shook his head but answered Chen anyway, and soon enough everyone was cooking.

You were making kimchi, while Chen made the rice and Lay made a soup of some sort. 

"What movie are we going to watch tonight?" Lay asked, trying to make conversation. "It's your turn to pick."

"Hm..." He thought for a moment before looking at you. "Mei mei, what would you like to watch tonight?"

"M-me?" you repeated, your voice quiet. Chen smiled a little and nodded. "Um..." you thought. "I don't know. It's your turn, oppa. You choose whatever movie you want."

"So long as it isn't ," Lay quickly added.

You laughed and nodded in agreement. "Yeah. That."

Chen sighed and scratched his head. "Hm..." He went to start cooking the rice since he was finished washing it.

"How's the kimchi coming, mei mei?" Lay asked, peering over your shoulder. You had just gotten the sauce ready. Now you had to cut up the vegetables. He smiled, using a spoon to taste the sauce. "Yummy. Not too spicy."

"I know you and Luhan ge don't like spicy food,"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter