Locks of Love and The Letter 'C'

A Real Pain In The Neck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{A/N: Sorry for not doing a weekend update like usual, it was homecoming week last week, and since I'm a cheerleader and am in band, I had to cheer at the game plus play at it. Then Saturday was the homecoming dance, and I got sick Sunday and was sick Monday and Tuesday, and today is Wednesday, and I'm still kind of sick =/

Anyway, since italics mean Mandarin, bold means emphasis!}

 

- - - - -

 

"Are you ready yet, mei mei?" Lay called, lightly knocking on your door.

As soon as all of you had gotten back from classes, Lay told you to get ready to go to N-Seoul Tower so you could take pictures and start your art project. It was a Thursday, and both of you were hoping there weren't going to be many people there, but for different reasons. Yours, so you would have a clear view of one of the fences. Lay's reason was so he'd get more alone time with you.

"I'm ready," you said as you opened the door, stepping out. You wore an oversized sweater and leggings, giving off a feeling of warmth, a headband in your hair. Lay chuckled as his eyes went down your figure to see a pair of old sneakers on your feet. He smiled affectionately and placed a disposable camera around your neck.

You blinked at it, then smiled brightly at him. "Thank you. I wasn't quite sure how I was going to take the pictures, honestly."

"Good thing I thought ahead then, huh?" he joked, holding out his arm. "Shall we go then?"

You bit your lip and nodded, taking his arm and letting him lead you down the stairs.

The others looked up from the couch as you walked past them towards the door. A few of them frowned.

"Where are you and Haerinnie going, gege?" Tao asked.

"N-Seoul," Lay replied, only half-paying attention to his didi as he moved past them and went out the door with you.

Tao's eyes rounded as he looked at his geges. "N-Seoul Tower?" he repeated. "Isn't that where those locks of love are?"

Luhan's eyes darkened as he nodded. "Indeed," he muttered. *I just hope they won't buy a lock.*

 

- - - - -

 

"Careful, mei mei," Lay said gently as you climbed into Kris's car. Kris had offered to let Lay borrow it since it was better than having to go on a bus.

You puffed out your cheeks. "It's just a car. Not like I can trip."

"No," agreed Lay with a grin. "But knowing you, you'd find a way to trip."

"Hey," you complained with a frown.

"Kidding," he chuckled, backing out of the driveway.

The trip wasn't long, and Lay ended up turning up the heat too much, scared that you were too cold. He also kept stealing glances at you, causing him to almost swerve into another car. Oops.

But he couldn't help it. The windows were fogged over, so you kept drawing things on the window, and he wanted to know what you were drawing.

Finally, you both arrived at your destination, Lay carefully parking in the parking lot. He quickly unbuckled his seatbelt and bolted out of the car. Confused, you slowly unbuckled your seatbelt...only to have Lay open the door for you with a charming smile.

You laughed. "Thanks, gege."

"No problem~" he sang, holding out a hand so you could get down easier. You took it and hopped down, expecting Lay to let go of it. He didn't and simply smiled at you as he pulled you along. "Let's go!"

There weren't many people around the fences, as the both of you had hoped. You took multiple pictures of different fences, marveling at all the locks hanging from each other. Lay encouraged you to read them, though you thought that was intruding on someone's privacy.

But Lay still read them. " 'To my darling baby cakes'," he read out loud, getting ready to laugh. " 'It's our two-week anniversary! This is the longest relationship I've ever been in, and I'm sure it'll last forever. Love, your snookums.' "

You blinked. "Snookums?" you repeated before laughing.

Lay started laughing too, bending over and clutching his stomach. "S-snookums!" he laughed. "Who calls their boyfriend, or calls themself, snookums?!"

"It could've been the girlfriend that wrote that," you reminded, wiping tears from your eyes.

"Then the guy gets called baby cakes?" Lay looked at you with one eyebrow raised.

You laughed again. "Okay, so it was probably the boyfriend that wrote it."

"Hm...wonder if they survived another two weeks," Lay mused, looking for another lock to read. "Aish," he muttered. "Why is it there are so many in English?! We're in Korea!" He puffed out his cheeks and pouted, something you found absolutely adorable. "Found one!" he declared, squinting his eyes at it. "But mei mei, can you read it? I can read Korean, but their handwriting is too messy for me."

You nodded and went to read the lock. The handwriting really was horrible. " 'To my beautiful love, best friend, and wife. I don't know if I've ever told you this, but back when you walked in front of me fifteen years ago, it was love at first sight. I know you don't believe in that, but it's true. And each day when I look at you, it's like falling in love all over again. Keep walking past me. Love, your husband.' " You smiled "Aw. That one was sweet."

Lay smiled to himself. "Love at first sight, huh?"

You looked at him. "Do you believe in it?"

"Hm...yeah." He nodded. "I believe in it. Do you?"

"Not really," you replied with a shrug, sitting down on a bench.

Lay sat down next to you. "Why not?"

"Because when I was little, before my mom started being really mean to me, I remember her telling me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter