If There Was Ever A Day

A Real Pain In The Neck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: Mandarin will be in italics

Also, "gege" is oppa/hyung in Mandarin

 

- - - - -

 

The day went from bad to worse in a matter of hours, really.

First it was waking up late with your hair looking like a bird's nest with no time to take a shower. Then you tripped on the stairs coming out of your apartment, causing you to scrape your knee. It stung painfully the whole way to the local coffee shop where you got your daily Americano. But then, you spilled that all over your white top because you bumped into someone.

Note to self: never buy white again. Ever.

So then you had to change out of your white blouse and into the T-shirt you had packed for soccer practice later that day. And that T-shirt definitely didn't match the floral print skirt you were wearing.

All of this led up to you nearly sprinting to get to class on time, stepping in gum in the process. All that was missing was rain.

At that thought, you flinched and looked upwards at the sky. Not a cloud in sight. You sighed and continued your way into your class, head down as to avoid being the laughing stock of the class like in high school.

In a few ways, you missed high school. A uniform was much easier to deal with than having to pick out your clothes every morning.

"Miss Song," the professor snapped as you walked in.

"Y-yes songsaengnim?"

"You were nearly late."

You bit your lip and bowed. "I know. I apologize. It won't happen again, I swear!"

"It better not." She glared at you with her dark eyes. "Take your seat."

You bowed again and headed to your seat, placing your bag on the ground and plopping down in your seat. "Ack!" you yelped suddenly, jumping up when you felt a cool wetness on your skirt. You looked at your seat. There had been a puddle of water on it. You could hear laughter from the other students.

"Miss Song!" The professor whirled around, giving you the death glare. "Problem?"

"There was w-water on my seat," you explained. "May I go to the restroom and clean my skirt up?"

"No. Sit back down. You've been enough of a distraction for today."

"Yes ma'am," you replied, bowing again. You took your stained blouse from your bag, mopping up the water before sitting back down in your seat, ignoring the fact that your skirt was still wet.

 

- - - - -

 

In all honesty, you hated eating at the campus cafeteria. It was too loud, there were too many people, and you didn't have any friends in this college so you'd be alone.

Well of course you had friends, but they were at different colleges. You were the only one to get into Seoul National.

You bit into your PB&J sandwich happily, turning the page of the book that was resting on your lap. You were cuddled in your favorite corner of the library, the spot near the wall, by one of the large windows. Nobody ever bothered you in the library, and since you were pretty much the only one who came to this particular corner of the library, no one yelled at you for eating here.

You finished off your sandwich, taking a sip of your bubble tea before looking out the window. There was a group of six boys being followed by a couple girls. Even from this distance, you could tell who they were.

It was the 'school hottie' group, EXO-M. You had no idea why they had to have a name, but they did. You took another drink of your bubb

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter