Let's go get high

Born to die

I gave MinHyun a kiss.
"Take care of you guys!" I said.
Mel sighed and I closed the door.
"Sooji-ahhhh~ Today was to ed up..."
"Tell me about it Unni ~", I said. "How was work today?"
"Pretty stressful~ You know how celebrities can be..." she said.
"Do you have to go to work tomorrow?" I asked and hugged her.
"Whheeeooo~ What is wrong with you?", she asked, staring at me with big eyes.
"Nothing~ I just want to do something with my Unnie~" I acted cute and she giggled.
"You're happy, right?" She said with a motherly smile.
I fell into the couch and took a deep breath. I thought about her question and decided to lay my head in my
neck and smiled. "Yeah, sure." I said and heard as she sat down beside me.
She put her head on my shoulder and I looked at her.
"I'm glad to have you, Unnie..." I said and looked out of the window.
It was night and I started getting tired.
"I could sleep right here..." she said and closed her eyes.
A few seconds passed until she breathed, as if she had just awakened and stood up.
"I'll give the dogs something to drink again and then I'm going to bed. You should do the same.
You have dark circles under your eyes worse than a panda."
I stood up and my body felt heavy.
"Yes, I go to bed. Unnie~ Good night." I said, rubbing my eyes and went towards my room.
"Good night, SooJi-ah~ Let's do something together tomorrow!" She said and got even happier.
My life was perfect. Ok maybe not perfect but I turned my weired Mafia existence in a pretty normal life, I guess.
I threw myself in bed, unable to move me.
My bed smelled like Ren. He had his very own fragrance. I recognized him immediately.
It smells slightly like fresh water and vanilla with a soft smoky taste.
"You want to know if you should tell her the truth? What do you want me to tell you? What do you wanna
hear from a woman, whose life is just a role? I'm acting my character. The character I created.
That thing you guys call SooJi. I learned it. She is not me..."
I searched for my phone under my pillow.
'Tell her. Be honest. ', my text to Ren said. "Be different than me." I added just for me and reminded me
what my Unnie, Rania, said before her death, as I was lying to impress Junhong.
"You can not build a relationship on a lie." I said and heard Unnies words in my head.
"Good luck, Minki." I whispered. I was not able to put my cell phone to his accustomed place,
I just felt asleep.

"Kira-shi! Kira-ya!", Jun yelled and pulled me mercilessly over the hard, wet, rocky road.


My dress was already ruined and I was covered in mud.
Suddenly I tripped and lost my pink shoe.
"Ahh~ Jankuman!" I yelled trying to free myself from his grip.
"We don't have, noona! Sooji said I should-", his word were cut off by a bullet in his head.
I couldn't do anything but to stare at my dead friend.
I was on my knees and touched him gently with my fingertips on the back.
"Jun...?" I asked and shaking him.
"Junhong! Jun! Jebal!" I yelled but the wind and rain were eating my words.
Suddenly, someone grabbed me from behind and took me away. I looked up.
"Youngjae-oppa! Ani! Junhong-" he cut me off.
"We can't help him anyway! I have to take care of you! You're just a person who I can not allowed to die ok?", he yelled and
threw me in the van, where I landed hard on a boy, I didn't know.
He sat down beside him and I stared out the window as we drove away. Junhong leaving ...

"Sooji? Sooji-ah!", Mel called me and I woke up.
I cried.
"What?" I asked as I sat up.
"You were screaming and crying!"
"I ... I ..." I stammered, trying to organize my thoughts.
Just a few seconds earlier I felt miserable as I would break down and now it all gone.
Only my wet face still reminded of what I had dreamed of.
"Sooji..."
"Thank you, that you've been worried, but I had a bad dream." I said quickly and wiped my tears away.
Biene, who would never be upset, looked worried at me.
I lay down again and Melanie my hair.
"Ah jinjah..." she said softly and I knew she was thinking about the same thing as me.
And then I fell asleep again.

"Anhyoungseyo? Miss? Are you ok", a unknown woman asked.
She had short, light brown hair and her clothes looked really bad.
I didn't answer, I only hissed.
The blood was dripping into my eyes and this chick asked if I'm okay...
I didn't look at her anymore, but she didn't move.
"Miss? Anhyoung?," She asked, coming closer.
"Go away...", I mumbled and slid slowly down the wall which I had leaned to.
She ran towards me and picked me up. She took her cell phone and was talking to someone.
"Zelo! You gotta help me now, little bro!", she said and I closed my eyes.
As I opened my eyes, I was in hospital and 8 eyes were staring at me.
"Hey SooJi. My name is Aaron. How are you feeling?", Aaron asked and I blinked.
Melanie, Zelo, MinHyun and Aaron. Yes, I already knew Aaron actually.
That was the first time Aaron and I met... Why did I forget?
"Eeeeh~ Good. I think..." I replied. "Thanks ..." I said to Mel and she nodded happily.
"Are you the only one who can speak in English? Where am I and why did you call me Sooji?"
"Yeah, I am. You're in a hospital right now... unless you mean what country?", he said, looking at me searchingly.
"No, I already know I'm in South Korea." I replied.
"We found your wallet and it says 'SooJi', so we thought that's your name."
And my new name was born. It was the name of my sister.
And yes the chick who saved me was Melanie.
She had never asked about my past and I did the same thing with hers.

*push* *push*
"E. .. rrrrr ~" I groaned and turned my head to the other side.
Steps.
*push* *push*
"Be careful, she probaply will slapp you!", Aaron whispered, but it was too late.
I had already punched someone. I opened one eye to see who I knocked out.
I sat up and looked at MinHyun who dislocated his pain on the floor.
"Told ya!", Aaron said and nodded.
Biene gave me a happy and appreciative * hmpf *!
"What are you two idiots doing here?" I asked and went into the kitchen.
"Mel said we should take care of you, while she is at JongUp's.
She will be back at 12 o'clock.", Aaron said following me.
I made myself a glass of milk and drank it on Ex.
"Yes and I just wanted to invite everyonein my café, until my girlfriend attacked me frontal..."
"And there he is again~!" I said and laughed.
"Too bad, it didn't knocked him outed..." Aaron said and laughed, too.
"Very funny...", Minhyun said.
"Oh honey..." I said and hugged him. "Don't be grumpy~", I said and tried Aegyo.
"Yahhhh~", he said and kissed me quickly.
"You wouldn't believe what happened to Mel today!", MinHyun said.
"Like what?" I asked into the refrigerator.
"She found a dog! And he lives with JongUp now. That's why she is at his house again.
Lucky that she didn't kept him, right? You really have enough of such animals, huh?"
"Yes, probably." I said and gave the dogs their food.
"I mean, you now have 7 dogs."
-Flashback-
At that time I didn't understand korean well but now I know what they were saying...
"What could have happened?", Aaron asked.
"Maybe she was hit by a car? A hit and run?", Mel suggested.
Zelo shook his head completely shocked. "Who does that?"
"Mel is right. But what about her family? They don't care for her?", MinHyun asked his company.
"Apparently not. Nobody's there for her. Nobody but us.", Mel said.
"We're not her family! She can barely speak Korean and is apparently not American-Korean or something as well,
if you look a her. She doesn't even look asian! She has blue eyes forgodsake!
We can't keep her!", Zelo said and the words were like echos in my head.
He talked about me as a dog. We can't keep her! We can't keep her! We can't keep her! We can't keep her! We can't keep her!

-Flashback end-

"Earth to mother ship!!! We wanna go to my café, get dressed~!", MinHyun said and stared into my eyes.
"Oh yes! Ok. Immediately," I said and went in my room.