The Special First (and some)

Interrobang

 

“Are you ever going to go home?” Kyungsoo sighed, eyeing the toothbrush next to his. Kai’s belongings had begun to be strewn around his apartment; an extra jacket there, a hair brush here, his toothbrush and toiletries in the bathroom next to his own—rather than feeling the romance Kai had tried to evoke, Kyungsoo instead felt as if Kai was marking his territory.

“Sehun kicked me out.” Kai frowned. “You don’t want your boyfriend to be out in the cold, do you? Kyungie bunny, I told you I was fragile.”

Kyungsoo cringed at the pet name that Kai had refused to give up, despite his pleas to let me keep the last ounce of manliness I have left.

“That was nearly a month ago.” Kyungsoo pointed out. In that month he learned that Kai strips in his sleep(that explained why he was nearly at the hospital) and that he was an overall untidy person. “And will you please stop calling me that embarrassing name.”

“But it’s cute and it suits you. So therefore, I shall continue to call you such names as a token of my affection.” Kai shrugged, ignoring the smaller male’s mumbles of I don’t want your affection and you’re only saying it to annoy me (That part was true at least). “He told me not to come back until my head is screwed on straight. It’s not, obviously.”

“What exactly do you mean by that?” Kyungsoo called from the kitchen.

“I’m crazy… over you.”

And Kyungsoo wanted to slam his head into the table because he was already 100 percent sure he would never get used to Kai’s disgustingly corny comments. It wasn’t that Kai was a greasy romantic, he definitely wasn’t, he only said such things because he knew how flustered and embarrassed Kyungsoo got over them—he adored his red face and his adorable lip bite and he would stop at nothing to see it, even if it meant being elbowed in the ribs.

“Hey, Jongin?” Kyungsoo approached, “Since you’ve already dissected my life without my permission, will you let me into yours?”

“You are my life.” Cue the blush and head slap. Kai still thought it was worth it.

“Seriously.”

Kai smiled gently, the teasing expression replaced by the adoring one. He nodded and pulled Kyungsoo out of the apartment and into his car. “I’ll tell you a few things.”

They reached a tall building and Kai led him to the third floor, his face radiating. “When I said I didn’t do anything besides follow you around, I lied. I mean, I do stalk you from time to time but… well, you’ll see.”

Jongin pushed open the door and was immediately bombarded by mini people. Mini people being kids, toddlers, who were latching onto Kai’s legs and staring curiously at Kyungsoo.

“Jongin…” A small male, a bit taller than Kyungsoo, breathed. “What are you doing here?”

“I wanted to visit my kid, Yixing.” Kai grinned. “Where is she?”

Yixing tossed a curious glance towards the wide eyed male being climbed by the mini people and pointed to the small girl sitting in the corner. She was staring off into space, her eyes drooping downwards slightly. “Mimi, darling.”

The girl looked up and her eyes brightened. She ran towards Kai’s outstretched arms and willingly jumped into his embrace.

“How is she?” Kai asked, placing her on his hip as she played with his hair.

“Still the same.” Yixing smiled sadly. “The other kids are slowly learning about downs syndrome, but she still gets bullied quite a bit from the students in different classes.”

Kai nodded and waved Kyungsoo over who was beaming brightly as the kids attached themselves to him. After unlatching them, he walked over to the two males and bowed slightly.

“Kyungsoo, this is Yixing. He’s a dance instructor. Yixing, this is Kyungsoo… my boyfriend.” Kai smiled.

Lay raised his eyebrows as his eyes flickered in surprise. “It’s a pleasure to meet you. This is the first time Jonginnie has brought anyone here besides Sehun, so you must mean a lot to him. I’m sure you came here for a reason, so I’ll leave you two alone.” And with that the bright eyed dancer pranced away.

“And this is my daughter.” Kai’s eyes were so gentle that Kyungsoo almost believed him until the latter laughed again, a reminder that he needed to stop being so gullible. “Kidding. She’s like a daughter to me. Her name is Mimi. She’s a bit different than others, but she’s the smartest girl you will ever meet. Isn’t that right, honey?”

Mimi nodded absently and pulled away from Kai’s embrace to play with her toys.

Kai watched her play for a few minutes before he led Kyungsoo to the empty ballet room next door and sat down with him. “This here is my life.”

“Dancing?” Kyungsoo guessed. He expected teasing remarks from Kai, something along the lines of ‘Congrats you can put two and two together’ but he simply nodded, his face calm and happy.

“Dancing is everything to me, it’s the only thing I’ve ever been good at.” Kai laughed, looking down in his lap.

“You can do math problems in your head faster than a calculator and you can learn how to play an instrument in the span of five minutes.” Kyungsoo felt the need to point out.

“I wasn’t always like this.” Kai grinned, laying on his back and pulling Kyungsoo down besides him. “You can ask Yixing, I grew up with him. I was a slow kid, I couldn’t speak until I was five and I couldn’t form complete sentences until I was around seven. I failed nearly all my math classes and I was even held back once. Through all of that, all I could ever do was dance. While the other kids were solving equations, I learned how to do a Deboulé en manège. While they recited vocabulary, I was performing Fouetté en tournant and mastering my grande jeté. Sure, I failed all my other classes but I passed Dance with an A plus.”

Kyungsoo ignored the fact that he had no idea what those moves were and instead focused on Kai’s face. He looked so happy talking about dancing and anyone, even someone of low intellect like Kyungsoo, could tell that he was passionate about what he did.

And as Kyungsoo watched the taller male speak enthusiastically about dancing, as he watched his lips form words he didn’t understand and watched the way his eyes lit up when he mentioned his first recital, the way his arms would go crazy with movements when he got to an exciting part in his story, the way his eyebrows would furrow and his lips would hitch down when he spoke about being left behind in academics but lift up in his perfect smile once again when he spoke about passing his first dance auditions… Kyungsoo had never seen someone so amazing.

“God, you’re beautiful.” Kyungsoo breathed before flushing and scrambling away because I did it again, God damn it, this is why I can’t socialize or make friends or be romantic. Why can’t I control my mouth, I just ruined a perfectly good moment.

Kai had stopped speaking and was now advancing towards Kyungsoo’s hunched and crawling figure, still in his attempt to flee the embarrassing moment.

“Kyungsoo.” Kai spoke.

“No, forget what I said, continue. Continue don’t look at me, Jongin. Jongin what are you doing. No. Stop.” Kyungsoo began to panic as Kai reached for him.

He darted away into the room full of children and hid behind a startled Yixing. “Don’t let him come near me.”

“I- what?” Yixing laughed breathily.

“I got caught up in a moment and I may have accidentally called him beautiful and inflated his already big ego and he reached for me and I don’t know, I panicked.” Kyungsoo rushed, holding onto Yixing biceps and using him as a human shield. He didn’t know why he was so afraid of what would happen, it couldn’t be anything bad because it was a compliment after all, he just was.

“Yixing, can you bring my boyfriend over here, please?” Kai leaned against the door frame. “I need to tell him something.”

“I can’t disobey his orders, sorry Kyungsoo.” Yixing laughed, prying his hands off his arms and giving him a push towards the man who looked alarmingly like a lion waiting for its prey. Or it’s mate. It’s gay mate.

Kyungsoo made a run for it, but Kai grabbed him and pressed him against the door, not letting him escape. “Why did you run?”

Kyungsoo gulped and turned his face away from the heated stare.

“I wasn’t going to do anything bad to you. It’s not like you haven’t shown interest in me before, do I have to remind you about your ‘pants malfunction’ incident? Are you not allowed to think I’m beautiful? Am I really that scary?” Kai laughed lightly, his face too close for comfort.

Kyungsoo’s eyes flickered to the perfectly shaped lips in front of him and he squeaked out a small “Just a bit.”

“Wrong answer.” Kai leaned in but paused as someone coughed awkwardly.

Kai looked back at the amused Yixing and the little people staring with unhinged jaws next to him. “The kids.” Yixing reminded.

“Oops.” Kai laughed. He leaned in once more and whispered ‘I won’t let you get away later’ before placing a kiss below his ear and turning back to say goodbye to his childhood friend and the little dancers.

Kai quickly pulled him down three flights of stairs and pushed him into the car before running around to the driver seat. He gave Kyungsoo a split second warning before pressing his lips against the startled male and pulling away just as quickly. “I wanted our first kiss to be romantic, preferably in the dance room where I was trying to carry out my plan before you ran away, but this will do. Thank you. You don’t need to feel embarrassed to compliment me. I know I have a big ego and I’m a bit conceited but I don’t know why you would be scared—“

Kyungsoo leaned forward and pulled Kai in for another kiss, this one longer and more heated. He pulled away after a few breathless moments and sat back in his seat, arms crossed.

“I-“ Kai started.

“Don’t say anything please.” Kyungsoo murmured his face red once again.

“I just-“

“You can’t just kiss me like that and expect me not to retaliate. Okay, fine, I admit it. I’m more than attracted to you and that thing at the hospital wasn’t just the illusion of my pants. I’ve never been attracted to a male before, I haven’t been attracted to anyone before, and I sure as hell did not expect to be falling so fast for someone, but in my defense, you make it really hard not to like you because you do that thing where you’re perfect and I can’t. I just can’t—“

Kai smiled and pressed his lips against Kyungsoo’s for their third, sweet kiss. He pulled away and started the engine before Kyungsoo could kiss him back. Kai had self control, but with Kyungsoo he wasn’t so sure and he wanted there first time to be when they were both ready and not immediately after their first(and some) kiss. “You don’t need to feel pressured to tell me everything just yet. Besides, I’ve still got a lot to tell you.”

As they drove home, the long way since Kai wanted to simply enjoy their time, Kyungsoo learned about his life. He learned that Kai was an only child, that he wasn’t close with his parents and grew up with nannies. He learned that Yixing was his only friend(fought to control the jealousy) and that Sehun was more of a nagging guardian and took the place of the missing parent figure in his life despite the fact that he was younger. He learned that Kai was bullied as a child(fought to control the tears that Kai was teasing him for) and that he was the odd kid that no one liked. He learned that the noona nurse at the hospital was an ex-girlfriend(also fought to control the jealousy and had to remind himself that Kai had no uality) but they broke up due to ‘reasons’. He learned that Suho was a romantic interest of Kai’s but they ‘ended dramatically’ (in which Kyungsoo wanted to bash Kai in the head because ‘how many ex’s do you have?!’ and again wanted to hit him when Kai replied ‘it doesn’t matter, I’m with you now’) He still wanted to know why Kai was so angry, but decided it would be best to wait until later along with the other more serious questions he had.

Kyungsoo listened intently, interrupting with a few questions and comments to ‘watch the road, I don’t want to die’ when Kai turned to about the obvious jealousy. Again, he found himself marveling on how a human managed to look so beautiful when simply speaking, but knew to control his mouth.

Kyungsoo knew that he was going to fall in love with Kai, that he was going to fall hard, and he could only hope that Kai wouldn’t drop him. 

 


 

 

HI 8D
This chapter kinda didn't have a point(false! it did, but you'll learn why later ohoho) and was mostly written to satisfy my need for Kaisoo fluff because Kaisoo is ruining my life.

And I know some of you are desperately trying to find out who I am (I have a tumblr. And I think it's safe to say I follow a few of my subscribers, not sure which ones -what a small world- and my story came up and ooooooooooo hahahaha you'll never know). 

Just gonna put this out there since some of you seem like you're panicking: I ASSURE YOU THERE IS NO CHARACTER DEATH. because i can't have them die, they're too precious. they're precious and homo and so so gay and how on earth can i kill them off, that would be terrible.

but yeah LOL

comments are loved <3

chaos-