Three

Into Your World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

    ღ Chapter Three ღ     Mid April     April 20th is an important day in the EXO calendar. April 20th is the birthday of Princess Lu Han, who always insisted on having a big party that usually ends up in everyone getting drunk and passing out.    "If I have to age, I should at least do it in style," he always said.    "How is getting wasted 'in style'?" I tried to ask.    Lu Han just looked at me. "How is it not?"   Fair enough.    Although, it wasn't like Lu Han aged that much appearance wise anyway. It was annoying how he still looked about 5 years younger than he really was. But then again, most idols did, and even I looked more 24 than 27.   On the day of the birthday, the members were in Beijing, with a little free time. They were in between appearances on talk shows, and had a whole day off, one that they will need after the hangover they will all probably have. Lu Han was able to go have a birthday lunch with his family, and invite a few of his old school friends to his other-wise exclusive  'exo-members plus Jae-in only' party.   Since the members were all busy getting the party ready in their hotel suite, I was left with the task of keeping Lu Han occupied, since I was his best friend.    "Put this on," I commanded, shoving a pair of sunglasses at Lu Han too. He was wearing an oversized gray hoodie, but his face was still a little too recognizable for my liking.    "Where are we going, Jae?" he asked, slipping them on and flicking his hair like a star, which, I guess, he is.    I checked the time on my phone, and sighed. It was barely 3pm, and the party didn't start until 9pm.    "Street shopping," I told him. "Boba tea, meat on a stick, and maybe a new purse."   "I thought this was my birthday," he complained, happily taking my arm and leading me out of my apartment. Lu Han loved shopping, even if he liked to pretend that he didn't.    "The food part is for you," I said, humoring him. "I'll treat, and get you all of your favorite snacks, okay?"   Lu Han just smiled gleefully. He had won, again.    The streets of Beijing's shopping centers weren't nearly as packed as they would be one a week day, or once night falls and the residents get off work, but still, since it was still the capital and this was China, there were enough people to ensure that Lu Han and I would not be noticed.    We popped into a few stores, and Lu Han got himself some new shirts and a Lacoste leather wallet that I ended up paying for. I found myself the owner of a new set of earrings, as well as a new hair of shoes.    After shopping, we made our way to Nine Gates Snack Street, where I treated Lu Han to his favorite Da Lian Huo Shao and Boba to go.   "Did you do this a lot when you were study abroad here in high school?" Lu Han asked, through a mouth full of food.    "Sometimes," I replied, mouth equally occupied. "My friends and host family took me here a few times."   "I grew up going there," Lu Han told me. "Who knows, maybe we've dumped into each other before without knowing it."   "Please," I scoffed. "You do know that Beijing has more than 20 million residents, right?"   "You never know," Lu Han insisted.    At that moment, my phone buzzed.    From Kris Wu: alcohol, check. snacks, check. ktv, check. loud guests and an even louder ChenChen, check. We're ready. Received 8:35 PM.   "Are we leaving?" Lu Han asked, already standing up. "I'm ready to get faced."   Classy.  

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------

  The hotel suite had been decorated to some degree, and drinks and snacks were everywhere. Chen had already the karaoke, and Lu Han had a growing stack of presents in one corner.    "Go have fun," I told Lu Han, shoving him through the door to the cheers of his friends and the other members. "You're 28 years old now)."   "Don't remind me," Lu Han groaned.    "Oh Jae, we got something for you!" It was Yixing who bounded up to me, full of excitement.    "Oh, it's here?" Lu Han's eyes lit up, and he clapped.    "It's...it's your birthday, though. I don't follow...?"   It was then that Minseok shoved the other members aside, and deposited an adorable brown puppy into my arms. "Here you go, Jae-in."   The little dog seemed to have just woken up, and gave an adorable little sneeze before curl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter