Ten

Into Your World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

ღ Chapter Ten ღ     Mid June

 

Grandmother had wanted us to write our own vows. Kris and I had both protested vehemently, not because we lacked lovely things to say about each other, but because neither of us was poetic or fancy with our words. Instead, we had just gone with traditional vows by the paster, and I felt like I had escaped a bullet. 

 

Instead, we got the pleasure of watching Yixing slave over his best man speech.

 

"I couldn't care less what you say, Xing," Kris teased, grabbing Yixing in a headlock. "It's going to be fine."

 

"But I need the perfect speech," Yixing groaned, struggling out of Kris' grasp. "Two of my best friends are getting married, and this is too much pressure."

 

"If it's too much pressure, I'm sure Lu Han would love to-"

 

"No! I've got it," Yixing interrupted, horrified at the idea of having his spot taken away.

 

Kris just laughed.

 

 

 

The day of the wedding came with the blink of an eye. It seemed that one day, everything was still in its beginning planning stages and the next thing I knew, I was waking up to the sound of Minjung barging into my room.

 

"Yah, bride-to-be, get up," she called, shoving a cup of freshly made coffee at me. "Shower and eat, cause we gotta get out of here in an hour. By the way, Jae-in ah, this apartment is amazing."

 

"It bettered be," I muttered, turning over. "This view of the Shanghai skyline cost me a ing fortune."

 

"Well, miss grumpypants, it was worth it." Minjung reached over and grabbed the covers, pulling it forcefully down past my arms. "I, your wonderful maid of honor, have already showered and cleared the bathroom. Now, go, or we'll be late on your big day."

 

I swatted at her arm, and burrowed back into the bed.

 

"Seriously, girl. Up on your feet!" Minjung was surprisingly strong, and yanked me so hard with one pull that I actually rolled out of bed and fell with a thump onto the floor.

 

Groaning, I picked myself up and look at seat on the edge of the bed, accepting the coffee that she handed me again. I sipped the -- drink, and watched Minjung pull the curtains away and let the morning sun stream into the room. 

 

At that moment, I heard my phone vibrating on the bedside table, and I reached over with a smile, seeing Kris' name on the caller ID.

 

"Hello?" I answered.

 

"Hey baby." This voice was a better wakeup call than any cup of coffee, no matter how strong.

 

"Hi," I replied softly.

 

"How are you feeling?" Kris asked.

 

I took another sip of coffee, and considered for a moment. "A little nervous," I conceded, "But I think I'll be okay. Where are you at?"

 

"Breakfast right now, with the guys," Kris answered. He paused as there was an explosion of voices behind him, and then his voice returned to the line. "Here, Lu Han wants to talk to you," he said.

 

After some fumbling,  Lu Han's cheery voice appeared on the line. "Jae ah?"

 

"Hum?" I replied.

 

"Good luck, okay?" he said, chuckling a little. "Don't fall on your face."

 

I choked on my coffee, and spat out a mouthful back into the cup. "Yah, Lu Han, I'm going to kill-"

 

"-sorry about that." Kris' voice had reappeared back on the other end. "Don't worry about anything, Jae. It's going to be fine."

 

My reply was cut off, however, when Minjung reached over and yanked the phone out of my hands, rather violently.

 

"-Jae-in needs to get into the shower now before we start running late. See you later at the altar, groom," she chirped into the phone before promptly hanging up on Kris.

 

"Hey," I complained, glaring at her half heartedly.

 

The glare that Minjung returned was completely serious. "Get into the shower, Lee Jae-in," she said, voice dangerously low. "You have exactly 30 seconds."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

In the preparation room on the side of the hotel ballroom, I was met by my mother as well as my grandmother, sitting tensely, in the same room.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter