One Hit KO by Sparkling Abs

Head Under Heels

            Hyukjae is instinctively singing the first lines of the song as soon as it starts. It sounds eerily familiar to him, and he vaguely wonders why.

            “Every night, in myyyy dreams. I see youuu, I feeel – “

            He suddenly cuts himself off in horror as he realizes where exactly that song came from. Donghae is still singing his little heart off. His sparkling, teary eyes confirm Hyukjae’s worst fears.

            Oh god. This is the freaking theme song of that English movie which always makes Donghae shed buckets of tears every single time they watch it. The one with the huge ship that sinks like a whale after it hits an iceberg. What is it called again? Oh yes. Titanic. Donghae’s favorite movie of all time. Hyukjae feels a cold, cold shiver crawl down his back. He knows that they are going to have to reenact that famous scene from the movie. Dread fills his entire being at the mere thought.

            As the chorus kicks in (Hyukjae is half-heartedly singing along because Donghae would kill him if he doesn’t keep singing), Donghae beams expectedly back at Hyukjae. Hyukjae desperately casts a glance at the door, his salvation. He hears Junsu snickering behind him.

            Hyukjae sighs, knowing that there is no escaping his doomed fate. He moves slowly behind Donghae and tentatively places his hands on both sides of Donghae’s waist.

            Donghae, dramatically, flings his arms outwards and says in a quite terrifying caterwaul: “Jack! I’m flying!”

            Hyukjae just painfully glances at Junsu and Yoochun for help. However, they’re too busy laughing their asses off on the couch to even consider rescuing Hyukjae.

 

 

 

 

            Hyukjae mops the sweat off his brow after the music has stopped. They are practicing one of their hardest dance routines, the one that they’re going to showcase in the school festival later this month. Hangeng, their dance captain, is smiling calmly even after that rigorous dance routine. The other members of the dance team, however, are panting like overheated dogs.

            “Good job as always, Hyukjae,” Hangeng says. Hyukjae nods, smiling back. Hankyung moves on to critic or compliment the others.

            When he gets to Donghae, he nods. “You have been improving a lot, Donghae. The steps look nice and smooth now.”

            Donghae gives him an excited beam and then fishes something out of his pockets. Two heat pads. He smacks them onto his cheeks and grins. “Thanks, captain!”

            Hangeng starts blinking in a confused manner. “What are these for?”

            Donghae starts bouncing on the toes of his feet. “Well, you see,” he starts blabbering. Hyukjae immediately senses somehow that this is probably related to his crazy quest for love, and pulls Donghae away from their dance leader.

            “They’re used to heat his lunch.” Hyukjae widens his smile so that his gleaming teeth show. Hangeng looks even more bewildered, but Hyukjae has already dragged Donghae into a corner next to their bags.

            “What. What are you trying to do now?” Hyukjae asks. Donghae presses the heating pads to his cheeks even more until his face is morphed into a fish-like expression.

            “They’re used to imitate the effects of blushing. I figure that every time I receive a compliment, I’ll fake-blush. Maybe then I’ll start feeling other stuff too. Like fast heartbeats.” Donghae gives Hyukjae a glittering aren’t-I-genius look.

            “Ah.” He can’t. He really can’t anymore.

            “Do you want a set, too, Hyukkie?” Donghae reveals his crooked tiger teeth with his smile.

            Hyukjae widens his eyes and quickly waves his hands. “No. Please, no.”

            He then pauses and allows himself to feel a quick rush of relief. He glances at Donghae, who is now flipping the sides of the heat pads so that the heat on the other side isn’t wasted. Hyukjae says, “So. That was your plan, huh?”

            Thank goodness this plan isn’t as crazy as the other plans. Like the stalking. And the bridge. Oh flying monkeys, don’t even mention the bridge.

            But then Donghae gives him a look, and Hyukjae feels stupid for even feeling relieved before.

            “What? Of course not. I have a way cooler plan than this. This is just a small part of the grand master plan.”

            Hyukjae wonders if he’ll ever get his sanity back by the end of this.

 

 

 

            “Please don’t tell me that you’re thinking what I’m thinking you’re going to do,” Hyukjae grouses out. They are, predictably, hiding behind a couple of bushes. The unusual part of all this is that Donghae is holding a hose that is probably connected right to the school’s swimming pool. Hyukjae is crouching uncomfortably next to Donghae, staring out at the school yard, where the jocks are playing soccer.

            “How will I know what you’re thinking if you don’t tell me?” Donghae says sweetly.

            “Are you honestly,” Hyukjae splutters, “planning on spraying someone with that?”

            He makes wild arm gestures at the hose nestled snugly in Donghae’s hands.

            “Why yes, smartypants, I am.”

            “Why? Just. Why?” Hyukjae doesn’t even want to know the answer, but he will be eventually be bothered enough to ask it anyway.

            “See that specimen of mankind right there?” Donghae points. Hyukjae squints.

            “The soccer captain? Choi Siwon?” Hyukjae says slowly.

            Donghae makes an affirmative noise. “Do you see his perfectly symmetrical features? I heard that his abs make girls faint with nosebleeds.”

            “The point?”

            “Lust is a part of attraction. There’s no way I wouldn’t lust after Siwon’s chocolate abs,” Donghae says proudly.

            “So you’re hosing that poor guy down just to see him take off his shirt?” Hyukjae asks in a very flat tone.

            “I knew you would get it eventually, Hyukkie!” Donghae’s forceful pats on Hyukjae’s back kind of hurt.

            “Now,” Donghae continues, “I just need you to go to the faucet and turn the hose on when I give you the signal.”

            Hyukjae folds his arms. “I’m not helping you ruin that guy’s day by soaking him in water.”

            Donghae seems to have expected the opposition, and he smiles. Maliciously. “Two months, Hyukjae. Two months of strawberry milk.”

            Hyukjae immediately feels his will crumbling away. He grumbles, ignoring Donghae’s evil cackling as he goes to the switch of the hose.

            Hyukjae settles down on the ground, and puts his chin on his fist, waiting for the promised signal from Donghae. When Donghae starts jumping and waving his arms in a manner akin to a crazy madman escaped from the asylum, Hyukjae turns the hose on.

            What happens next is hard to describe.

            Hyukjae has run back to view the spectacle that is sure to happen, and happen it does. Siwon is trying to dribble the ball (thank god it’s just a practice game) when a single pressurized stream of water blasts at his head. He trips spectacularly and falls onto the grass, letting out a surprisingly girly scream.

            Siwon’s teammates have all stopped and are staring at their captain and the mysterious stream of water that is still flooding out from some bush.

            “Hae,” Hyukjae says calmly. “Hae. I think that is enough water. You’re going to drown him soon.”

            Donghae, who is grinning with a crazy gleam in his eyes while making the hose go in a figure eight fashion, pouts a little at Hyukjae’s statement. They both, however, widen their eyes and completely panic as some of the soccer players begin to walk towards their direction in order to investigate where the water is coming from.

            “Oh shi – “ Donghae’s arms jerk and the spray of the water redirects itself toward Donghae and Hyukjae.

            “Askhfasj,” Hyukjae splutters with the water coming up his nose. Before he can cough and force the water out (ew, chlorine), Donghae is pulling him by the scruff of his T-shirt. They stumble farther away, leaving the hose to guzzle water every which way. Donghae and Hyukjae flop behind another conveniently placed bush, and watch as the soccer players scratch their head and shrug at the hose-that-moves-by-itself.

            “Here comes the good part,” Donghae squeals, yes, he squeals as Siwon slowly stands up. Hyukjae is pretending to look uninterested, but really, he wants to see if Siwon’s abs is really as rock-hard as the rumors imply.

            Siwon strips off his soaked shirt. A few fangirls nearby the field (Hyukjae bets they must be thanking the gods for that strange hose that came out of nowhere) scream their heads off. Donghae’s jaw drops open. Hyukjae widens his eyes and his eyebrows reach his hairline.

            Siwon’s abs. His abs are so defined that they practically reflect the sun’s rays. Siwon stands there, his front sparkling like that weirdass vampire from that movie/popular book series. Hyukjae looks at Donghae to check if he’s still breathing.

            Donghae stares back at Hyukjae in a dumbstruck kind of look. He is shallowly breathing through his nose.

            “His muscles, his abs look like… Look like you could break your fist if you punch it. Is it even real?” Donghae’s voice has entered a new pitch.

            “…I have no idea.”

            “Ohmygod.” Donghae sounds like he is having a mental breakdown. Hyukjae anxiously watches him.

            “Are you lusting after him?” Hyukjae can’t help himself from asking. A small whimper comes from Donghae’s throat.

            “Actually, no. I think I’m feeling more freaked out than anything, because no one human can have those abs,” Donghae answers.

            Even though they’re still dripping water and hiding behind scratchy bushes, Hyukjae feels a blinding smile overtake his face.


Hai guys. I referenced a lot to popular culture (Titanic. Twilight. OH THEY ALL START W/ T!) in this chappie. Hope you guys get it. Anyway, I had a fun time imagining and writing this. COMMENTS, MY PEOPLES. COMMENT. <3