Chocolate Mousse

Cupid's Kitchen

 

 

~*{Chapter Six: Chocolate Mousse}*~

 


 

~*~

This chocolate whatever looks like . 

 

~*~

 

"Kris...what are we going to do?" cried Suho as Kris paced back and forth. Everyone in the kitchen stood on standby as they watched with worried expressions. Kris let out a loud sigh.

"You've already tried to contact Huang Zi Tao??" Kris asked and Suho nodded.

"Yes, I've already tried, but it keeps sending me to voice mail."

Kris groaned as he slammed his fist onto the nearest counter. The chefs in the kitchen jumped at the sudden violent action, but then again- such a thing was no surprise when it came to Kris.

"Get Sehun in here, now!" Kris roared and Kyungsoo quickly zipped from the kitchen to haul the young busser into the kitchen.

"Yes?" Sehun asked softly as he walked into a quiet, awkward kitchen.

"You're friends with Huang Zi Tao?" Kris asked through his teeth and Sehun nodded.

"Yes, why is it that you ask?"

"The kid is not picking up his damn cell phone and we need him here, NOW!" Kris hissed and Sehun thought for a moment.

"Have you tried calling our home phone?" Sehun asked as he reached into his pocket to pull out his own cell phone.

"Our home phone....?" Suho asked softly and Sehun looked up with a shocked expression.

"Uh....we live together...didn't we tell you that when we applied?"

"Live together..?!?" Kris questioned and Sehun shrugged as Suho stared at him with a bewildered expression as well.

"Oh...could have sworn I told you both...must of slipped my mind. Oh well, I'll try calling him, " Sehun replied as he dialed Tao's number. It was quiet as some of the other staff members walked in, wanting to know what was going to be done about the situation at hand.

"Hello?" Tao's voice came from the other line and Sehun could tell he had just woken up.

"Hey, ZiZi," Kris grimaced slightly as the nickname left Sehun's lips. "Did you just wake up?"

"Eh...?? Hunnie? Why are you calling me so early....let me sleep, I'm tired~" Tao groaned from the other line and because the room was dead quiet, everyone could hear the phone conversation- since Sehun had his volume up on full blast. Kris furrowed his eyebrows as everyone exchanged glances, but Sehun was totally oblivious to everyone's judgmental stares.

"Ayy...I'm sorry, but the Assistant General Manager was trying to reach you."

"And...?"

"Tell him to come in." Kris ordered and Sehun repeated the words to his friend.

"The hell is wrong with the Assistant General Manager....? My shift is over though..." argued Tao and a small snicker left Chen's lips when he heard the younger one.

"Uh Tao....Kris heard that...." Sehun stated, but he didn't have time to say anymore as Kris snatched the phone from Sehun's grasp.

"Listen here, Huang Zi Tao, you have ten minutes to get your here or so help me God, I will fire you and Sehun!" roared Kris before he hung up and tossed the phone back to Sehun.

"I don't see why I would get fired..." Sehun shot back and Kris glared down at the younger one. 

"I want all the chefs on stand by and call in the Group Two staff. As soon as Tao gets here, we will have an emergency meeting. Move, move, move!" Kris hollered and everyone scrambled out of the devil's Kris' way.

 

Moment's later, Tao came waddling in still wearing his blue and black checkered pajamas. The room got quite as he shuffled in and rubbed at his eyes. Kris' eyes lowered to see that Tao was also wearing house slippers and a muffled laugh came from the three line cooks in the back. Tao totally ignored everyone's stares as he made his way over to Sehun and sat down on his friend's lap. The whole room stared in shock at the Baby-Tao ( as Sehun likes to call it) and Tao simply flashed a groggy smile at Suho.

"Huang Zi Tao reporting for duty...."Tao mumbled as he snuggled into Sehun and the younger one's cheeks flushed as his friend snuggled into his lap.

"U-Uh....Tao get's like this when he's half asleep." Sehun stated as he became aware of the stares from the rest of the staff.

Kris cleared his throat, averting his eyes from the Baby-Tao snuggling into Sehun trying to catch whatever shut-eye he could, and turned his attention to the rest of the waiting staff members.

"Anyways, as I'm sure you have all heard by now, Anne St.Clair is coming later on today and we have to all be on our best behavior. Xiumin and Kyungsoo, I want you two to take care of the main dishes she orders. Line cooks, be sure to listen to the Executive and Sous Chef's orders! I want Amber and Jia to serve her! Lay, you will not work on the floor tonight! I do not want you breaking any plates or messing up any orders! Matter of fact, I want you to help Luhan with answering the phones. Kai, you are in charged of matching the wine up to whatever she orders, so be on guard with that as well and finally, Huang Zi Tao!," Kris boomed and Tao's eyes flew open as he jumped off Sehun's lap. ", You be on standby and I want you to make her dessert as fresh as can be. Group One, you take care of Anne St.Clair and whatever guest she brings. Group Two, you take care of the rest of the customers and make sure they're happy because I do not want her to hear anyone complain about our services.GOT IT?!" 

"Yes, Assistant manager!" everyone called in unison, before everyone began to shuffle about.

Tao crashed onto the floor and Sehun quickly squatted down as he shook the older one. "ZiZi, wake up! Tao, TAO!"

Tao jumped once more as he popped up and ended up clashing into Sehun's forehead. A loud whale sound escaped both their lips as they rolled onto the floor in pain. "!"

Sehun sighed. "Finally, you're back to yourself. Damn it, these sleeping habits of yours will be the death of me!"

They heard a loud groan and they both looked up to see that Kris, Suho, Luhan, Lay, Xiumin, and Chen were staring at them.  The familiar dark demeanor took over Tao's features as his eyes landed on Kris and he slowly pushed himself up. He pulled Sehun up with him and dusted off the shorter one.  

"You alright, Sehun?" Tao asked softly and Sehun nodded as he playfully kicked Tao's leg.

"Geez....look, see now everyone thinks we are weird." mumbled Sehun as Tao pushed the loose strands away from the younger one's eyes. Tao laughed softly as he ran his fingers through Sehun's hair gently.

"I'm Sorry, Sorry." Tao apologized and Sehun just flashed a small smile before he scurried out of the meeting room. Tao simply bowed at the wide eyed bystanders and gave a small shrug.

"I'll be getting to work now." Tao mumbled as he walked out- leaving a dumbfounded Staff staring after him. 

 

 

 

 

~*~

 

Tao was a man of many secrets and Kris had come to realize that the moment Anne St.Clair had specifically asked to see the younger one. Kris watched with analytical eyes as Tao exchanged a few smiles and words with the Food Critic and her partners.

"It doesn't look like they've just met...."mumbled Suho as he joined Kris to watch from a distance.

"I know right....dang it, I can't hear the conversation and I've always at reading lips..." Chanyeol chimed in as he peered over Kris' shoulder to watch the interactions between the Pastry Chef and England's world known Food Critic.

"What do you think they are talking about?" Kyungsoo asked, only to receive a shrug from Luhan.

"Who Knows....For all we know she could be hitting on him." Mumbled Kai and Kyungsoo just simply rolled his eyes at the ridiculous comment from the bartender.

"Why are you all standing there?" A voice called and everyone jumped back to see Sehun giving them a confused look.

"Uh....we were...." started Xiumin, but he couldn't think of an excuse as his voice trailed off. Sehun took slow steps and peeked around Kris too see that they had been staring at Tao and Anne.

"Oh. So that's what you guys were looking at. Whoa...she's changed so much in the last two years!" exclaimed Sehun as his eyes landed on the familiar Food Critic.

"Eh? You Know her??" Kris asked, shocked and Sehun nodded.

"Yeah. I mean, I don't know her as well as Tao does, but I've seen her a couple times. I was wondering why her name sounded so familiar when you mentioned it earlier, but now I completely remember. Her and Tao became friends when Tao won over her in a competition in England. Although they were rivals at first, they started becoming friends once she tasted Tao's Chocolate Mousse. Her love of sweets came from Tao." explained Sehun and the Assistant General Manager's mouth dropped.

"T-Tao won over her in a competition?? The England Legend???!" exclaimed Kyungsoo and Sehun shrugged.

"How big of a Legend is she if ZiZi beat her?" Sehun said with a sly smile before he crossed the floor to engage in a conversation with the other two.

"What in the world is Tao exactly...?" breathed Suho and Chanyeol shrugged.

"I don't know, but did anyone else catch the fact that Sehun and Tao lived together in England???" Chanyeol blurted, only to receive a weird stare from everyone else. ", what...? "

Baekhyun hissed at his fellow line cook's stupidity and turned his attention back over to the Pastry Chef and Busser. "Now that Chanyeol mentioned it....Sehun and Tao...I wonder what kind of relationship they have....."

Kyungsoo groaned before smacking the two line cooks upside the head. "What does it matter?? It's none of our business!" 

All side conversations stopped when Anne St.Clair stood up from her seat and hugged the two younger ones. Kris watched with deadly eyes as she kissed Sehun's and Tao's cheek lightly before making her exit.  Tao slung his arm over Sehun's shoulder as the two made their way towards the crowd of onlookers.

"Tao, what did she say??" questioned Suho as the two stopped infront of them. Tao glanced down and Kris watched as the two shared a secretive smile before turning back to the General Manager.

"Nothing much...just that she liked my Chocolate Mousse was all." Tao mumbled and Sehun muffled a small giggle. Everyone looked at them with a confused expression as Tao leaned down to whisper something in Sehun's ear- causing the shorter one to laugh loudly.

"Well, if you excuse us, we will be heading home now that our work here is done. I'm hungry, ZiZi is hungry and we are both tired. Bye~!" Sehun called softly and everyone just exchanged glances- unsure of what was being kept a secret, but one thing was for sure: Kris was not happy. Not at all.

 

~*~

 

 



AN:// Lololz...neglected my homework to upload this mess >.> grr...anyway authornim loves you all and hoped you all liked the small chapter! :) i appreciate all your comments and stuff :) Love you all <3 <3 <3 Ignore any mistakes :/ im tired and stuff so gawd only knows what type of mistakes lay hidden in this chapter ~